Author Topic: Seriously funny stuff!  (Read 1850 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Seriously funny stuff!
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2022, 08:29:46 PM »
I recall likeing this one a bunch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbpwdUW5DKw
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Seriously funny stuff!
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2022, 08:42:00 PM »
I'm watching the first episode of the Netflix series "Wednesday" now.  I like it except for the casting of Gomez.  John Astin defined the role (a "lady killer", LOL) and Raul Julia ran with that model in the movies.  But Luis Guzman does actually look more like the original from the cartoons, so I'll go with it.  Hopefully he's either just a minor role and not too distracting, or else a breakout character that redefines it.

Catherine Zeta-Jones is an adequate Morticia, and Jenna Ortega is doing a great job as Wednesday.  The writing so far is good.

ETA: I'm trying to figure out who the headmaster at the school reminds me of.  I think it's a composite of Governor Ann Richards and my mother-in-law.  I'm gonna get my wife to to watch to confirm that's who it is =)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 11:00:16 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."