Author Topic: Good news! (number of guns and who has them) Wash Post  (Read 395 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Good news! (number of guns and who has them) Wash Post
« on: March 28, 2023, 09:32:59 PM »
Washinton Post article
https://www.bing.com/search?q=irreducible-problem-for-gun-control-activists-the-number-of-guns%2Far-AA19bx6B%3Focid%3Dmsedgdhp%26pc%3DU531%26cvid%3D781783b0b7014354839bab7c72c2e9a3%26ei%3D7&aqs=edge..69i57j69i60&FORM=ANAB01&PC=ACTS
Not a great article perspective but if I read the stats right...
Republicans own about 2x as many guns as Democrats
Rural Dems own about the same number as Urban Repubs and rural folks own far more than urban folks.
and there are a LOT of guns out there in civilian hands, probably too many to ban and confiscate.
Yay! Keep up the good work people!
What we have here is failure to communicate.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Good news! (number of guns and who has them) Wash Post
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 08:54:16 AM »
^ "...and there are a LOT of guns out there in civilian hands, probably too many to ban and confiscate."

Wednesday's Rant

Ah, but if they hit one person who has ten guns, that's ten guns out of circulation.

They'll do it by attrition, one technique of which is to nail a few owners at a time to the wall with rusty nails and great fanfare and publicity, thereby encouraging others to (A) turn them in or (B) hide them away where they are useless anyway.

Yeah, there are surely machine guns hidden away in European barns and attics, but what good are they where they are?

There are never too many to ban and confiscate... or render useless by having them hidden.  And the "infringe" part of the Second Amendment is gradually becoming more and more meaningless to the public and the jerks they vote into office.

I keep remembering the adage... "If it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up."

Go buttonhole your gun owning neighbor, even the one with an old .22 in the back of the upstairs closet, and get him or her to vote.

Edited to add "rusty nails," correct a typo

Pic credit in legend.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 01:11:38 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
Re: Good news! (number of guns and who has them) Wash Post
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 09:27:52 AM »
. . .  Yeah, there are surely machine guns hidden away in European barns and attics, but what good are they where they are? . . . I keep remembering the adage... "If it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up." . . .
Another old saying, in Q&A form:

Q:  Why do Lithuanians pour oil on their gardens?

A:  To keep the guns from rusting, of course.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain