Author Topic: The Twitter Files  (Read 1650 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The Twitter Files
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2022, 05:00:51 PM »
The only way we can fix anything (maybe) is by getting involved in the primaries.  But that's a major uphill battle; I've tried it once.  If the establishment R's don't like your candidate they will cheat to keep him (or her) out of the national convention.

We can't limit ourselves to the political process. The rot is just as deep in the people, as it is in the political class. Just for starters, we could all go to church this Sunday. If the fake churches around you aren't open on Christmas, find one that is. Then keep going.

I don't claim to have The Answer to all our political woes. I wish I did. But I intend to keep rebuking despair, even if I keep sounding like a broken record.

No one thought slavery could end. Or the Berlin Wall could come down. Who foresaw the end of Western colonial empires, or apartheid?

We've seen things in our lifetime that were hopelessly improbable. But they happened.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2022, 05:53:16 PM »
I don't claim to have The Answer to all our political woes. I wish I did. But I intend to keep rebuking despair, even if I keep sounding like a broken record.

We've seen things in our lifetime that were hopelessly improbable. But they happened.

Thank you.  You may be right.  I never thought I would see Roe v. Wade overturned.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2022, 06:05:51 PM »
Thank you.  You may be right.  I never thought I would see Roe v. Wade overturned.

yeah, the Dobbs and Bruen decisions were things I thought very improbable, no matter how logical the arguments were.

I am hopeful that alternatives to main stream media will become more and more popular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv42Pn5YcKk&t=1509s

for instance, the above is a Kim Iversen video on the Twitter Files, she goes into great detail and succinctly explains the issues .
Kim was mainstream media, and she's sort of a liberal - however she doesn't like being told she can't cover important issues , hence she's independent .
Hopefully this type of reporting will over take the main stream "uniparty" propaganda 
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2023, 01:51:45 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.