Author Topic: Trump NFT ?? what the heck was he thinking?  (Read 573 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Trump NFT ?? what the heck was he thinking?
« on: December 15, 2022, 10:13:57 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPKYoJYIQdA
 Ferfal thinks he's lost his mind , it seems colossally dumb to me.
Does he want to lose, did someone give him terrible advice on purpose?
Maybe he saw how much fun we had with ULTRA MAGA , but we were laughing at liberal media .
or is this the new wave of politics? is he going to get the liberals to do worse by doing this?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
Re: Trump NFT ?? what the heck was he thinking?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 10:22:53 PM »
redacted , a mostly left YT channel says its a troll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC1KVPM8LBQ
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 10:53:17 PM »
I'm gonna go with attempt at epic troll.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2022, 01:16:41 AM »
Grift that failed, or just blatant money laundering?  $100 per, crypto only, $150,000 in registered sales.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2022, 08:11:22 AM »
He was thinking he is going to get him dem benjamins.  $4.5m gross, how much do you think it cost to make 45,000 jpegs?  half a mil?

https://www.cnet.com/culture/donald-trumps-cringe-nft-collection-sells-out-raising-4-45m/

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2022, 10:20:21 AM »
He was thinking he is going to get him dem benjamins.  $4.5m gross, how much do you think it cost to make 45,000 jpegs?  half a mil?

https://www.cnet.com/culture/donald-trumps-cringe-nft-collection-sells-out-raising-4-45m/

Yeah that smells like money laundering.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 10:31:34 AM »
I mean, it's less money laundering than Trump University.  At least you get a picture from this.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 10:52:58 AM »
$4.5 million dollars for selling idiotic cartoon images.

I can't decide if that is really stupid or genius.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2022, 11:04:16 AM »
As an aside, I remain baffled and flabbergasted by everything NFT related.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2022, 11:14:23 AM »
The best explanation I have seen: https://youtu.be/sG_v4bb2e4k

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2022, 11:19:05 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2022, 01:33:53 AM »
I read somewhere it's an attempt to stay relevant, and that feels correct to me. Had to be someone in the organization sold this as a way of making The Donald seem hip to those crazy, coocoo millennial kids. What's that weird thing the kids are doing these days? It's not the crowding into a phone booth thing anymore, and it's not pogs, either. Oh, yeah, the non-fundable Tolkiens, or whatever they call it. Let's do that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2022, 12:32:59 PM »
Word on the street is that Trump used stock photos without permission or license.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2022, 12:40:21 PM »
IMO, if Trump is going to succeed at defeating the Dems and the Establishment R's, he is going to have to do something different.  Doing the same old campaign will be a loser.  Not sure if this is the best way to step outside the box, but it is a start.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2022, 03:37:18 PM »
The Rolling Stone had an article about it. I am sure it was missed because their circulation is what, 10-12 paying customers?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-announces-nft-trading-card-collection-1234648014/

Also in that article:

A disclaimer on the website indicated that “these Digital Trading Cards are not political and have nothing to do with any political campaign. NFT INT LLC is not owned, managed or controlled by Donald J. Trump, The Trump Organization.”

bob

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2022, 09:02:19 PM »
RS has not been relevant in years, I do not think even the aging rockers rest home looks at RS.

I plan on supporting Trump no matter what, because I'm very grateful for the nysrpa / bruen decision as well as my job that I got due to his economic decisions ... also .... the mighty mighty schadenfreude will be mighty if he gets elected again   

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2022, 09:26:55 PM »
Somewhere there is a "farmer" who is upset that he cannot use his Farmville "farm" to produce pot to sell in Mafia Wars...

(I miss Mafia Wars - it did more to bring diverse people together, so that they could whack someone, than anything else that Facebook has ever done.)
Blog under construction