Author Topic: "No One is Above the Law"  (Read 451 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"No One is Above the Law"
« on: December 20, 2022, 08:48:36 AM »
I agree with some of the comments here, and that goes for both sides of the aisle. I am really tired of hearing people in Congress using the "No one is above the law" line. They are ALL above the law. They daily get away with stuff that would send you or me to prison, or at the very least, have the government destroy our lives. They need to come up with a better line. Here's Elizabeth Warren doing it:

https://twitchy.com/mikel-313136/2022/12/20/elizabeth-warrens-claim-that-no-one-is-above-the-law-goes-horribly-wrong/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: "No One is Above the Law"
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 09:28:12 AM »
They're not above the law.
They just happened to fit very neatly in the loopholes they keep writing themselves.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 09:40:24 AM »
They just happened to fit very neatly in the loopholes they keep writing themselves.

I know what you're saying, but I disagree.  They just blatantly commit crimes and don't get punished.  If you have money, political power, or both you are above the law.  But that's not exactly new to this portion of the human condition.  It's pretty much a constant.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 09:46:54 AM »
My edited ver that's actually closer to what I was thinking originally but screwed up in typing

They just happened to fit very neatly in the loopholes they keep giving themselves.

Loopholes can be both written and unwritten
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 09:56:09 AM »
Eh, all political speech is really just intended to make a quick emotional impact, it's not intended to be picked apart and analyzed.  Upon closer inspection, most all of it falls apart into mess of non sequiturs and unsupported conjectures.  Advertising is the same way, for what it's worth.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2022, 10:44:24 PM »
DC rodents burrow under the law.