Author Topic: Underwater video of a shot fired from pistol  (Read 332 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Underwater video of a shot fired from pistol
« on: December 20, 2022, 10:14:54 AM »
Found this on Farcebook so I thought I’d share.

https://fb.watch/hxyESvGVu7/

Good video of a shot fired from a semiautomatic pistol and how far the bullet travels.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Underwater video of a shot fired from pistol
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 10:53:07 AM »
Interesting.  Still deadly at contact distance.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 11:17:09 AM »
Interesting.  Still deadly at contact distance.

I still recall that in the late 90's, after a couple of shark attacks within a couple of weeks, that urchin fishermen at the Channel Islands off CA started diving strapped with Glocks. The commie pinko local rag had a bunch of stories and photos regarding the armed divers.  :laugh:

A bang stick would have been much more effective, but I understood their thinking, what with having their hands full with urchins and stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 04:46:10 PM »
A basic pistol is relatively cheap and easy to use and easy to carry as you mention.  Custom weapons are going to be harder to get and train with. 

I recall HK used to make an underwater pistol that had to be returned to the factory to reuse.  link says 10 to 15 meter range.
https://special-ops.org/heckler-and-koch-p11-underwater-pistol/
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge