Author Topic: Merry Christmas etc.  (Read 836 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Merry Christmas etc.
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2022, 05:33:29 PM »
Yes, Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday.

I'm with Castle Key and his wife again this year, as I have been for a number of years. We've had several very nice, sedate days with some good food and lots and lots of dogs.

Can't beat that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2022, 05:51:45 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2022, 06:02:17 PM »
Bat Boy

Yup. =)   I would buy cards like that to give if they said "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays".  (I'm not offended by Happy Holidays, just much prefer the proper greeting)
"It's good, though..."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2022, 01:40:15 PM »
At Casa del RocketMan we have entered what is the longest and perhaps most poignant part of the Christmas holiday season.  That is the part of the season where you find needles from the Christmas tree in odd parts of the house for the next eleven months.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2022, 01:44:42 PM »
At Casa del RocketMan we have entered what is perhaps the longest and possibly most poignant part of the Christmas holiday season.  That is the part of the season where you find needles from the Christmas tree in odd parts of the house for the next eleven months.

:rofl:

Coincidently, I just now finished taking my tree out and vacuuming up the needle mess (other than those sneaky ones you mentioned). Usually I'm a pretty good tree picker outer, but this year the noble fir I got dried out way fast. It stopped taking water a week ago, and this morning I noticed all the needles on the ground and saw the tree was a dry as a bone fire hazard. I generally keep a tree up until just before New Years, but not this year.

I think one mistake was that I got it on 01DEC. I usually get the tree around a week later than that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2022, 01:47:33 PM »
At Casa del RocketMan we have entered what is the longest and perhaps most poignant part of the Christmas holiday season.  That is the part of the season where you find needles from the Christmas tree in odd parts of the house for the next eleven months.

I just stepped on the scales for the first time in over a month.  It was not as bad as I feared, but bad enough.  No more liquor or sweets and very little beer for a while; holidays are over. 
"It's good, though..."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2022, 10:59:47 PM »
Bat Boy

Makes me think of Smegal from LOTR.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2022, 01:44:31 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2022, 11:16:29 PM »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2022, 03:34:53 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes