Author Topic: The British Praying Woman  (Read 1343 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: The British Praying Woman
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2022, 05:10:26 PM »
Does anyone have a copy of the actual law she allegedly broke? I assume it prohibits "protests." Is "protest" defined?
https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/downloads/file/24121/robert_clinic_station_road_b30

It specifically prohibits prayer (among other things).

Pb

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2022, 06:37:22 PM »
If the UK government had "good intentions" they would shut down the clinic killing people right across the street.

Of course, so would our governments.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2022, 10:02:28 PM »
https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/downloads/file/24121/robert_clinic_station_road_b30

It specifically prohibits prayer (among other things).

Sorry -- I missed it the first time around.

I wonder if silent meditation was what the authors of the law had in mind when they wrote it, or if what they thought they were prohibiting was vocal, verbal prayer.

‘Protesting’ means being in the restricted area (whether by yourself or with others) and engaging in any act of approval or disapproval or attempted act of approval or disapproval, with respect to issues related to abortion services, by any means. This includes but is not limited to, graphic, verbal or written means, prayer or counselling;
‘Service user’ includes any patient or visitor to the Robert Clinic.

"Well, yes, Officer, I was indeed praying ... but I wasn't praying about abortion, I was praying for [the recovery of my dear mother who was just diagnosed with cancer] [a new job, because I just lost mine] [rain]. Oh ... is that building an abortion clinic?"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2022, 05:46:36 PM »
Even as an atheist I am particularly against any law that prohibits or criminalizes the free exercise of religion. As I would equally be vehemently against a law requiring religious participation. Far too close to "thought crime".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2022, 03:58:03 PM »
She should have set up a pedophilia ring.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2022, 09:36:30 PM »
Well people have left that country because of religious persecution in the past  =)
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2022, 09:40:29 PM »
She should have set up a pedophilia ring.

With govt funding
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2023, 01:36:37 AM »
    it was both a thoughtcrime and a facecrime .
 It's a fascinating case, I'm mostly anarchist that's been forced to vote for the vast right-wing conspiracy.
 The cultural radical liberal anarchist typically supports a woman's "right" to have someone murder her baby, I know abortion is a repugnant abomination  ( am I redundant or what lol ) so even though I'm an anarchist in my mind, I know I have to vote for someone to pay for the military and roads

This whole thread is really bringing up great thought experiments, if the goal is using prayer to end abortion, why admit that its what you were doing?.  I think her goal was ending abortion and protesting facecrime and thoughtcrime laws
 Like when you answer "nothing illegal in my car" because you know the town you're driving through is known for civil asset forfeiture but the cop is trying to find out if you have a few thousand in your vehicle so he can legally confiscate it, even tho you're just going to look at a used car or do not trust banks .

Another thing, we are flooded with immigrants who hate freedom and move here for the prosperity freedom brings yet at the same time do their best to eliminate the freedom that ushered in the prosperity , thusly losing the prosperity as well as the freedom .

A few years ago I got a letter many cali expats get, a letter demanding money for unpaid taxes .
I went to the office that sent the letter, some official govt tax place and demanded that they close the case as I do not owe anything and have nothing to give them.  The bureaucrat I spoke to was fresh off the plane from red China, and was trying to tell me I have to prove I did not work in california - I couldn't help but raise my voice and instruct him on innocent until proven guilty, Jurisprudence, and that Nevada is not pronounced "win-ada"... his supervisor over heard me, intervened, closed out the case and sent me on my way. 

I've watched a ton of "first amendment audits" on youtube, a ton of govt employees now seem to be foreigners who've  assumed unconstitutional powers because they have no idea that we are allowed to talk back to govt employees and that we the people are their employers . While many of them are brats with a cell phone looking for internet fame, we really do have a legit first amendment .

if I was the  The British Praying Woman I would have told the cop to read my mind or leave me alone
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 02:37:23 AM by gunsmith »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2023, 05:45:13 PM »
    it was both a thoughtcrime and a facecrime .
 It's a fascinating case, I'm mostly anarchist that's been forced to vote for the vast right-wing conspiracy.
 The cultural radical liberal anarchist typically supports a woman's "right" to have someone murder her baby, I know abortion is a repugnant abomination  ( am I redundant or what lol ) so even though I'm an anarchist in my mind, I know I have to vote for someone to pay for the military and roads

This whole thread is really bringing up great thought experiments, if the goal is using prayer to end abortion, why admit that its what you were doing?.  I think her goal was ending abortion and protesting facecrime and thoughtcrime laws
 Like when you answer "nothing illegal in my car" because you know the town you're driving through is known for civil asset forfeiture but the cop is trying to find out if you have a few thousand in your vehicle so he can legally confiscate it, even tho you're just going to look at a used car or do not trust banks .

Another thing, we are flooded with immigrants who hate freedom and move here for the prosperity freedom brings yet at the same time do their best to eliminate the freedom that ushered in the prosperity , thusly losing the prosperity as well as the freedom .

A few years ago I got a letter many cali expats get, a letter demanding money for unpaid taxes .
I went to the office that sent the letter, some official govt tax place and demanded that they close the case as I do not owe anything and have nothing to give them.  The bureaucrat I spoke to was fresh off the plane from red China, and was trying to tell me I have to prove I did not work in california - I couldn't help but raise my voice and instruct him on innocent until proven guilty, Jurisprudence, and that Nevada is not pronounced "win-ada"... his supervisor over heard me, intervened, closed out the case and sent me on my way. 

I've watched a ton of "first amendment audits" on youtube, a ton of govt employees now seem to be foreigners who've  assumed unconstitutional powers because they have no idea that we are allowed to talk back to govt employees and that we the people are their employers . While many of them are brats with a cell phone looking for internet fame, we really do have a legit first amendment .

if I was the  The British Praying Woman I would have told the cop to read my mind or leave me alone.

Every one of those paragraphs deserves a round of applause.  =D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2023, 07:35:30 PM »
Every one of those paragraphs deserves a round of applause.  =D

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."