Author Topic: Bring the mountain to Mohammed  (Read 940 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Bring the mountain to Mohammed
« on: December 29, 2022, 11:19:58 AM »
Apparently Biden can't be bothered to sign the nation cracking spending moutain of a bill here

4000-page, $1.7 trillion omnibus bill being flown to Virgin Islands so Biden can sign it
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/12/29/4000-page-1-7-trillion-omnibus-bill-being-flown-to-virgin-islands-so-biden-can-sign-it/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Bring the mountain to Mohammed
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 11:26:00 AM »
Is is too much to hope that it disappears in the Bermuda Triangle?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 11:28:32 AM »
Ironically enough this bill is also touted as having elements that will lower the “existential threat from climate change.”
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 11:45:57 AM »
Is is too much to hope that it he disappears in the Bermuda Triangle?

FIFY
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 11:49:56 AM »
    Ironically enough this bill is also touted as having elements that will lower the “existential threat from climate change.”

In other words will make several Ds richer.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 12:11:21 PM »
They'd better not put that thing in checked luggage. There's thieves about.

Fabulous thieves.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 12:29:41 PM »
FIFY

Do you really think President Harris would be better?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 04:10:29 PM »
Do you really think President Harris would be better?
No, but it would be hard to be much worse and I think it would be harder to cover up her incompetence. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2022, 04:41:18 PM »
It's not so much that Harris would be worse, herself, but the media on both sides would get even more insufferable than now. The Left would never stop gushing about our super-amazing first black, female, Indian-American, daughter-of-immigrants president. Talking heads on the right would preface every attack on President Harris with, "I'm not just saying this because she's black or a woman, blah-blah-blah..." Ugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2022, 04:51:48 PM »
Will the Ds tell Mr. President what's in the bill after he signs it?

(Remembering a statement by a certain Speaker of the House in regard to another large boondoggle bill.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2022, 06:15:08 PM »

(Remembering a statement by a certain Speaker of the House in regard to another large boondoggle bill.)
He doesn't need to know.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2022, 06:18:52 PM »

C'mon Joe, just sign scribble right here with you crayon on this piece of paper and we'll get you some more ice cream.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2022, 06:28:10 PM »
C'mon Joe, just sign scribble right here with you crayon on this piece of paper and we'll get you some more ice cream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzbhbetwYFU

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2022, 01:24:37 AM »
Exactly
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2022, 11:42:38 AM »
It's not so much that Harris would be worse, herself, but the media on both sides would get even more insufferable than now. The Left would never stop gushing about our super-amazing first black, female, Indian-American, daughter-of-immigrants president. Talking heads on the right would preface every attack on President Harris with, "I'm not just saying this because she's black or a woman, blah-blah-blah..." Ugh
Good point.  I get sick of that now with all sorts of stuff.  And it doesn't stop partisan attacks or stupid people from believing those attacks. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2023, 02:33:53 AM »
 It might be that Harris would be easier to beat than Biden, she had to drop out of her first potus run because she's so unlikeable.
 D voters see a likeable elderly doofus so they vote for him .

Harris?
 She's lost her only appeal, she used to be hot, good looking.
 She's not really smart, authentic, charming or appealing.         
Her whole career until now has been a cunning woman trading on her looks to climb up the ladder .
 She is thoroughly unlikeable
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2023, 05:16:59 PM »
It might be that Harris would be easier to beat than Biden, she had to drop out of her first potus run because she's so unlikable.
 D voters see a likeable elderly doofus so they vote for him .

Harris?
 She's lost her only appeal, she used to be hot, good looking.
 She's not really smart, authentic, charming or appealing.         
Her whole career until now has been a cunning woman trading on her looks to climb up the ladder .
 She is thoroughly unlikable.

>:D Just like "Hitlery".  =D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2023, 02:44:21 PM »
I guess with government-caused inflation, we'll have to go back to printing $1000 bills again.

https://treasurepursuits.com/1000-dollar-bill-value/
(In brevis, they're still legal tender but aren't printed any more.)

"Sorry, the smallest I have is a kilobuck."

Terry, 230000RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2023, 05:17:30 PM »
>:D Just like "Hitlery".  =D
Hilary actually had support and won electoral votes in the Dem primary.  Kamala won nothing. 

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2023, 10:26:01 PM »
Hilary actually had support and won electoral votes in the Dem primary.  Kamala won nothing. 

won some fair and square, stole at least one. The NV caucus was a clear Bernie win, everyone following politics knew it.
He was immensely popular here, they declared Hilary the winner anyway and the media smeared the kids who were very earnest/naive/worked their butts off.   a couple of months later when it was clear HRC had sealed the deal, the D's in NV said "oop's Bernie did win, so sorry"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."