Author Topic: R.I.P. Pele  (Read 358 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
R.I.P. Pele
« on: December 30, 2022, 04:54:01 PM »
The man who was once considered the world's greatest soccer player has passed away.

https://www.newser.com/article/fb163c32de33bd749e447410dd25f724/brazil-mourns-pele-who-made-every-part-of-the-country-proud.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_sports_login

https://www.newser.com/story/329705/one-of-the-greatest-soccer-players-ever-is-dead.html

Heck, for people in my generation he is still the world's greatest soccer player. I'm not impressed by "Ronaldo" and his ilk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
Re: R.I.P. Pele
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 05:25:36 PM »
I remember Pele from the TV commercials he made, and only then found out he was a soccer player. Seemed like a nice guy from what little I saw of him. RIP.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: R.I.P. Pele
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 08:07:09 PM »
 He's still the only soccer player who's name I know
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."