Author Topic: Barbara Walters dies at 93 yrs old  (Read 495 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Barbara Walters dies at 93 yrs old
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 10:42:49 PM »
 "barbarilla walters" SNL  ( nsfw ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIhe8RM3_k
 Boomers will like this
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIhe8RM3_k
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 11:17:46 PM »
B.W. final NBC appearance . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE-shhNl9aQ
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 09:29:41 AM »
Wow, I was not a huge fan but that means I'm getting old too

Don't try to stop that process.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 10:04:59 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/barbara-walters-pioneering-tv-journalist-began-today-dies-93-rcna42287?fbclid=IwAR2vsyfIZD4f1gw0iIFj1t3RSwHDN6KRj-x_13IiX3W6zUv2JbaDDWOn8pQ

Wow, I was not a huge fan but that means I'm getting old too

Also, "Pope-Emeritus Benedict".

And what goes through my weird mind?  "Benedict and BabaWawa, together in eternity, ohhh, don't fear the reaper don't fear the reaperrrrrr."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 01:55:03 PM »
I though it was Bawawa Wawa originally from MAD magazine?    I hated that parodizing of her slight speech defect.

Rest in peace. Barbara.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2022, 04:46:19 PM »
I though it was Bawawa Wawa originally from MAD magazine?    I hated that parodizing of her slight speech defect.

Rest in peace. Barbara.

SNL parodied her much earlier than the Youtube skit linked above.  I distinctly remember Gilda Radner saying "BaBa WaWa" in several parodies of Barbara Walters.  Although it has been a gazillion years since I've seen those skits, so it's remotely possible that I could be slightly mistaken.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 05:07:48 PM »
SNL parodied her much earlier than the Youtube skit linked above.  I distinctly remember Gilda Radner saying "BaBa WaWa" in several parodies of Barbara Walters.  Although it has been a gazillion years since I've seen those skits, so it's remotely possible that I could be slightly mistaken.

I remember them
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2022, 05:22:39 PM »
Talk show host Baba Wawa (Gilda Radner) interviews Secretary of State Henry Kissinger (John Belushi) and discusses politics, power as the ultimate aphrodisiac and why he still speaks with an accent after decades of living in America. Aired 11/20/76
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcns3A-IHMQ
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 05:25:10 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2022, 05:46:16 PM »
Baba Wawa! How Barbara Walters 'Came to Terms' with Gilda Radner's Infamous SNL Impression of Her 
https://people.com/tv/baba-wawa-how-barbara-walters-came-to-terms-with-gilda-radners-infamous-snl-impression-of-her/

Barbara Walters was famously not too fond of the Saturday Night Live star and original cast member Gilda Radner's impression of her, but eventually "lightened up" about it.

In SNL's first season in 1976, the late comic debuted her caricature of the legendary news anchor, who died on Friday evening, her rep confirmed to PEOPLE.

"I hated the Gilda Radner 'Baba Wawa' until I walked into my daughter's room one night — she was up watching it ... I said, 'What are you doing up?' and she said 'I'm watching Baba Wawa.'"

Walters recalled her reaction being one of annoyance and frustration. "I mean — look what she's doing," she remembered saying to her her daughter, Jacqueline Dena Guber, now 54,

"Oh Mommy, lighten up," her daughter replied.

"And then — I did," Walters said with a smile.
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2022, 06:14:29 PM »
I think Giwda Wadna says " ...the Itawyun Babwa Wawa..." at 0:50ff in that cwip.

Tewwy, 230AWN

Wef:
https://youtu.be/CdE0043WyfE (1:37)

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2022, 06:24:36 PM »
In early April of 1979 then-Pwesident Carter got weewy weewy big after going in to qwean up a spwill in the core of the 3 Mile Island nuclear weactor. She joined us as the pwess confwence was alweady in pwogwess. 
I busted a gut when she said "Wet's wisten in"

It may be inappropriate in this "obituary" thread, but that's never stopped me before.
7-11 was a part time job.