Author Topic: TV episode relevant today  (Read 374 times)

HankB

• friend
TV episode relevant today
« on: December 30, 2022, 11:03:20 AM »
We've covered a number of topics at APS in recent weeks - blue people, racism, blizzards, cowboy hats, Federal bureaucracy . . .

All of these are part of the story in an old TV episode of McCloud - Season 6, Episode 6 - The Day New York Turned Blue

I'm old enough to remember seeing it when it aired; if you haven't seen it, I suggest you check it out on YouTube. Parts are a little bit dated, but IMHO it's still better than 99% of what's on network TV these days.   ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XYo8ssYGyg
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: TV episode relevant today
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 11:44:48 AM »
I remember watching only parts of a few of those shows and completely apart from its basic manufactured storyboard premise, the utter ridiculousness of parts of it made me click out.

The same writers probably came up with the "My Mother The Car" premise.

That scene in "Crocodile Dundee" where the Crock rode back to the hotel on the back of a mounted patrolman's horse.... and the officer handed the Crock's huge knoife back to him (yeah, suuuure) gave me deja vu over the McCloud shows I had seen but I was in a theatre with no TV remote. 

Besides, "Crocodile Dundee" was a deliberate comedy, as in the scene where  he picked up his huge knife and hid away his razor when his shaving was interrupted by Linda Kozyumski.

And where he felt up the drag queen at the elegant party.

I'll wait for everybody to complain about how I can't "suspend reality" for a McCloud episode.

Not for another hour and a half, I can't.

Besides, didn't we have a similar post on that show two-three years ago?

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 11:58:16 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 08:57:25 PM »
Wow, Della Reese and Bernedette Peters.  I probably did see the episode way back then but don't remember it.  Thanks
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 01:55:16 AM »

a padded bra? this whole evening has been a disaster  6:34
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You do not hear that on TV anymore!
 That was great, thanks for the trip down memory lane, I really liked that show as it had elements of the wild west and gritty NYC stuff .
 TV and movies were so different in those days
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."