Author Topic: Amazon strikes again  (Read 2451 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Amazon strikes again
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2023, 08:47:08 AM »
I just had an item canceled on amazon.  The product is now no longer available.  I assume the cancellation was due to it not being in stock.  I looked at other sites and it is no longer is stock anywhere I can find, even the manufacturer's site.

As far as deliveries, I had a coincidence yesterday.  Had 4 different packages at my door when I got home.  Odd how sometimes stuff ordered across widely spaced dates all shows up at the same time occasionally. 

On another note, I was looking at canned pilot bread crackers for the food stash and all but one brand is out of stock.  And I found that the Amazon price is double what I saw elsewhere.  Have any of you bought that stuff in bulk somewhere else? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2023, 09:06:13 AM »

I've had that happen in the past and that is a 100% guaranteed "Screw you, I'm buying from your competitor" situation.

With gun stuff, I've been 80% buying from actual gun people, but sometimes shipping is pretty ridiculous if you're under the "$100 free shipping minimum" or whatever, at which point I figure I need to get my money's worth out of Prime. Especially if I'm only buying one small item.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2023, 09:05:07 PM »
I've had that happen in the past and that is a 100% guaranteed "Screw you, I'm buying from your competitor" situation.

I don't limit myself to doing that with "mail order" companies.
Last October, we had to euthanize my elderly mother's cat.  The vet had a note on the door that the office would be closed on Thursday as the doctor would be gone.  When they contacted me on Tuesday to alert me to the cat's condition (it also had "fe-lu), I let them know that I would drive down the next day (Wed.) to collect the body for burial.
Got down there to find the office locked and the lights out with no mention of them being closed on Wednesday.
When they sent the bill for $325, I wrote back, complaining that my time was as valuable as theirs and the staff failed to let me know on Tuesday that they would be closed on Wednesday.
I reduced the payment to $300 and indicated that, if they accepted this payment, the bill was "paid in full".

They haven't contacted us since.
  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2023, 08:19:54 AM »
With gun stuff, I've been 80% buying from actual gun people, but sometimes shipping is pretty ridiculous if you're under the "$100 free shipping minimum" or whatever, at which point I figure I need to get my money's worth out of Prime. Especially if I'm only buying one small item.

Sucks to be you, then. Maybe try a delrin rod and a smack hammer?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2023, 08:30:24 AM »
Sucks to be you, then. Maybe try a delrin rod and a smack hammer?

Nah. On Wednesday, I just ordered the one Lennyjoe posted. It came yesterday and the new sights are already installed.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2023, 08:41:42 AM »
Ahhhhh.
Congratulations on the step up from a stanley claw hammer, channel locks and the little bottle of cold blue.
7-11 was a part time job.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2023, 12:48:52 PM »
Minor Amazon drama going on right now - my package is supposed to be on the way to USPS for delivery on Thursday, 2/23. After a couple of days of travel . . . it's supposedly right back where it started. USPS is still waiting for it.

I'm about a 3-4 hour drive south of where it started from.

Wednesday, February 22
8:26 AM Package arrived at an Amazon facility. Kyle, TX US
12:21 AM  Package left an Amazon facility. Dfw Airport, TEXAS US

Tuesday, February 21
10:40 PM Package left the carrier facility. Kyle, TX US
12:34 AM Package arrived at an Amazon facility. Dfw Airport, TEXAS US

Monday, February 20
11:49 AM Package left the carrier facility.
Kyle, TX US Carrier picked up the package.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2023, 09:44:36 AM »
Speaking of Amazon delivery

A video of an Amazon delivery driver handing a package off during an active police standoff last month has gone viral.

The driver nonchalantly approached the apartment complex that was surrounded by police vehicles and handed a prime delivery to one of the officers manning the scene.

He is then seen snapping a pic of the dramatic drop off, confirming its delivery and continuing on his way.

Amazon PRIME: Driver walks through active police standoff in North Carolina to deliver package, hands item to SWAT officer before taking a picture to confirm delivery
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11886763/Amazon-Driver-walks-active-police-standoff-deliver-package-hands-item-SWAT-officer.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2023, 05:37:27 PM »
Last week, an item I'd ordered was on the Amazon truck for delivery.  A thunderstorm rolled in.  I got an email saying the package was delayed, I should receive it in the next day or two. 

Four days later I canceled the order & re-ordered the part.  It's now due in next week.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2023, 07:25:51 AM »
"I got an email saying the package was delayed, I should receive it in the next day or two."

Your Amazon order has been delivered!

Delivery location:

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2023, 12:52:10 PM »
Ordered a 3 pack of shaving soap.
After 3 weeks (back order) get a package containing 1 bar of shaving soap with a sticker on it that says 3 Pack.
Sigh
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2023, 09:59:53 AM »
More AMAZON shipping follies.

Nov 24 - Ordered an item
Nov 27 - Carrier picked up the package
Nov 28 - 4:00 PM - package delayed in transit
Nov 28 - 7:00 PM - package delayed in transit
Dec 01 - On the order page it now says that if the package isn't delivered by Dec 03, I have the option to cancel.

I'm sure the 10% increase in the price since I ordered has nothing to do with this.

:rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2023, 10:26:02 AM »
Is it a "Sold by X and Shipped from Amazon" thing, or is it a third-party seller/shipper? I've not had a problem with anything shipped by Amazon, but have had more than a few issues with third-party shippers.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

HankB

• friend
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2023, 10:44:14 AM »
Is it a "Sold by X and Shipped from Amazon" thing, or is it a third-party seller/shipper? I've not had a problem with anything shipped by Amazon, but have had more than a few issues with third-party shippers.

Brad
My item was sold by/ships from Amazon.com.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2023, 10:58:13 AM »
Is the Amazon comingled inventory thing still a huge problem?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2023, 02:57:58 PM »
Is the Amazon comingled inventory thing still a huge problem?
I think it depends on the product.  Sellers can opt into or out of the commingled inventory program.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2023, 10:47:42 AM »
More AMAZON shipping follies.

Nov 24 - Ordered an item
Nov 27 - Carrier picked up the package
Nov 28 - 4:00 PM - package delayed in transit
Nov 28 - 7:00 PM - package delayed in transit
Dec 01 - On the order page it now says that if the package isn't delivered by Dec 03, I have the option to cancel.

I'm sure the 10% increase in the price since I ordered has nothing to do with this.

:rofl:
Well, it's now Dec 03, and the status hasn't been updated. Either the package is thoroughly lost, stolen, or Amazon is punking me in the hopes I'll re-order at the 10% higher price.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2023, 11:05:04 AM »
Just got my latest Amazon order.

Case for the new phone.

A day earlier than it said it would arrive.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2024, 09:59:27 PM »
Ordered an item from Amazon on Wednesday, 2/14

Tracking says it shipped from their facility in Kyle, TX, on Thursday, 2/15. Kyle is about 45 minutes down I-35 from where I live.

Friday 2/16 - Tracking says it just left Savannah, GA, which it reached by way of Atlanta, GA.

Saturday 2/17: tracking says it was picked up again today in Kyle.

Sunday 2/18: tracking says it left Katy, TX - that's out towards Houston, 100 miles out of the way. Supposed to be delivered Monday. (President's Day? By USPS?)

Sunday 2/16: Late evening now. Tracking says the package is back in Kyle, TX, and is still supposed to be delivered Monday.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 11:36:58 PM by HankB »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2024, 07:08:34 AM »
Ordered an item from Amazon on Wednesday, 2/14

Tracking says it shipped from their facility in Kyle, TX, on Thursday, 2/15. Kyle is about 45 minutes down I-35 from where I live.

Friday 2/16 - Tracking says it just left Savannah, GA, which it reached by way of Atlanta, GA.

Saturday 2/17: tracking says it was picked up again today in Kyle.

USPS ?
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2024, 07:41:34 AM »
USPS ?
Bingo. You win a kewpie doll. (Shipped from Amazon.)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2024, 08:55:58 AM »
When I get in the truck to go to work or shopping, I almost always see an Amazon van (more and more the electric ones too...) in my neighborhood. Sometimes two.

I've only had a couple of problems. At work, they can't figure out that my store is at the end of the strip mall, and keep being unable to see it. I suspect those are the kids who look at the GPS, and no further.

I often use a drop box, and I have had one situation where the driver "couldn't find it." Sigh.
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2024, 09:34:26 AM »
When I get in the truck to go to work or shopping, I almost always see an Amazon van (more and more the electric ones too...) in my neighborhood. Sometimes two.

I've only had a couple of problems. At work, they can't figure out that my store is at the end of the strip mall, and keep being unable to see it. I suspect those are the kids who look at the GPS, and no further.

I often use a drop box, and I have had one situation where the driver "couldn't find it." Sigh.
When the pay is peanuts, you think you can hire someone other than monkeys?

I live in an ordinary residential suburb - single family homes on lots that average 90 feet wide, with house numbers clearly marked on the mailboxes (one in front of each house) and on the homes themselves. None of the homes on my block have trees or shrubs dense enough to obscure a view of the house, and the typical setback from the street is only 40 or 50 feet. Yet I've gotten neighbor's Amazon packages dropped by my front door at least 3 times in the last 5 or 6 years. (Probably not too bad based on what I've read here.)

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2024, 09:42:39 AM »
Bingo. You win a kewpie doll. (Shipped from Amazon.)

Is it stuck in Missouri City, Texas?  That postal facility has been like the Hotel California for packages for months.  I don't think that's on Amazon.
"It's good, though..."

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2024, 09:48:43 AM »
We've had issues for several months now with many of our packages being delivered either to the neighbor across the street, or the one next door.  Our address is clearly labeled, and well-lit at night.

When I click "Not so great" after my packages end up at someone else's door, I sometimes get asked "Do we have your correct address?"

:facepalm: