Author Topic: As of 02JAN23 We Have 25 Constitutional Carry States  (Read 2816 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: As of 02JAN23 We Have 25 Constitutional Carry States
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2023, 11:02:55 AM »
on youtube there are a few guys who open carry in Florida while fishing. It's legal as long as you are hiking/camping/fishing ( ianal/afaik)
The cops almost always freak out, when I open carry in Reno, no one says anything, a few notice and cops never care.

Fishing, Hunring, or camping.  Day hikes are not covered.   I've had a very tens conversation with FL fish and game about weather or not a hike while I am on an overlanding trip counts as "camping".  I convinced him it did, because while I was not at my campsite, I was clearly away from home and sleeping in the forest,  but it took some convincing and googling of statutes.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2023, 10:52:30 AM »
Starting tomorrow the law abiding get to carry guns in Florida

Miami Herald: We’re Dreading July 1st and Here’s Why You Should, Too
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/miami-herald-were-dreading-july-1st-and-heres-why-you-should-too/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2023, 01:52:55 PM »
Starting tomorrow the law abiding get to carry guns in Florida

Miami Herald: We’re Dreading July 1st and Here’s Why You Should, Too
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/miami-herald-were-dreading-july-1st-and-heres-why-you-should-too/

Wow. Their screed amounts to "most of the other states are doing it, but Floridians are so stupid, they'll just start shooting each other."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 01:04:00 AM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2023, 01:56:47 PM »
Wow. Their screed amounts "most of the other states are doing it, but Floridians are so stupid, they'll just start shooting each other."
Yeah, it has that going for it, but the editorial also has points that aren't as well considered.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2023, 05:29:05 PM »
If the news hasn't reported streets flowing with rivers of blood by Monday, millions will wonder how Floridians failed to live up (down?) to the hype.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2024, 03:50:53 PM »
SC is on the cusp(?) of allowing open carry but it comes with a training requirement. The state will provide the training free of charge, so they say. That could be the death of the bill. I would personally charge 25 bucks per person for the class and call it offsetting the cost of training. It has to go back to the House to get approved because of changes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-carolina-senate-passes-open-113743460.html

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2024, 03:59:26 PM »
SC is on the cusp(?) of allowing open carry but it comes with a training requirement. The state will provide the training free of charge, so they say. That could be the death of the bill. I would personally charge 25 bucks per person for the class and call it offsetting the cost of training. It has to go back to the House to get approved because of changes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-carolina-senate-passes-open-113743460.html

bob

I'm confused. Is this open carry only, or true permitless carry?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2024, 04:06:20 PM »
I'm confused. Is this open carry only, or true permitless carry?

From what I can find it is permitless (with training) which also encompasses open carry.  Does that mean a visitor would still need a permit honored by SC to carry there. I guess we will have to wait and see what the final results of the law is. It was approved by the House last year but the Senate added in the training and some other stuff so it goes back to the House from what I can figure out.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/video/2024/02/01/sc-senate-passes-permitless-gun-carry-bill/

bob

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2024, 04:09:42 PM »
From what I can find it is permitless (with training) which also encompasses open carry. 
And how would they know you've had training?  Would it be printed on a little card or something? 

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2024, 08:06:01 PM »
And how would they know you've had training?  Would it be printed on a little card or something?

Cue my favorite concept of a barcode on the back of your bald head.  As seen on the prisoners confined on Fiorina 161, the prison planet in Aliens 3.  I did a temporary tattoo of this once for an office Halloween party years ago, and I was crushed that no one caught the reference. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2024, 08:59:29 PM »
I’d have assumed you were going as Hitman, code name 47.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2024, 10:11:07 AM »
Hopefully SC go full on constitutional carry.

My family will all be on the gulf side of Florida by this spring so I won't be driving through SC any longer when I drive down to visit, but I wish them the best. That was the last state on my route that wasn't c-carry.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2024, 03:34:31 PM »
Louisiana has joined us for 28 states. Not sure how much the NRA had to do with it, but welcome to the club, LA.  =)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/louisiana-becomes-nations-28th-state-constitutional-carry-laws-books-landmark-victory
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2024, 04:38:29 PM »
Also Washington Gun Law put out a video about it today and made the good point that we're now likely done without some serious flipping of politics in the remainder of states. He thinks there's a chance for both the Carolinas. At least 28-30 is still a majority, and not just by a single state.

https://youtu.be/R2Fwkd4w_h0

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2024, 04:50:14 AM »
HeroHog is happy because on July 4th his wifey, "PinkPigParts," will be able to CCW then too! Already have a S&W Model 36 .38 Snubby ready for her.

And the S&W holster:

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2024, 03:54:30 PM »
And South Carolina makes 29

South Carolina becomes 29th state in nation with constitutional carry law: 'Hard-fought victory'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/south-carolina-becomes-29th-state-nation-constitutional-carry-law
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2024, 04:04:10 PM »
So anybody have the lowdown on North Carolina?

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2024, 08:41:33 PM »
I'm not waiting for Colorado to flip since it's now ultraviolet, politically.  IIRC it took ten years and multiple tries to get CCW here, and I consider even that fragile.  I've noticed that Democrats seem to think the Constitution is just a piece of paper until they find something in it they can work to enhance state-ism.

Control freaks!

I think two years ago Colorado also repealed the State Supremacy Law so now it's once again a patchwork where you can cross the street and be a lawbreaker. (An exaggeration for the sake of illustration.)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2024, 11:51:17 PM »
So anybody have the lowdown on North Carolina?

Last year there was noise about doing away with CCW permits and going Constitutional carry.  Sheriff lobbiests managed to get it quashed.  They make a lot of money on the permitting process.
The handgun purchase permit process was done away with last year however, so there's that.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2024, 09:04:58 AM »
I've noticed that Democrats seem to think the Constitution is just a piece of paper until they find something in it they can work to enhance state-ism.

Zero respect for any source of authority is one of the defining features of leftism.

For the left, the ends justify the means, always.

When you are trying to create a paradise of equity, why should the law, the Constitution, God, or the deaths of millions stand in the way?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2024, 09:40:19 AM »
Last year there was noise about doing away with CCW permits and going Constitutional carry.  Sheriff lobbiests managed to get it quashed.  They make a lot of money on the permitting process.
The handgun purchase permit process was done away with last year however, so there's that.
How much money do they really make per year versus the cost of the administration people that handle it?  I really doubt it is such a huge number.  I suspect that is just the argument made to the politicians.  They just can't handle people carrying without permission from the state cops.  Also, catching someone "with a gun" will no longer be a punishable offense leading into searches and finding other stuff. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zahc

• friend
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2024, 10:07:20 PM »
Idaho is constitutional but I just signed up for an "enhanced" class. $150 and a whole day, 5th state so far...
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2024, 02:44:41 PM »
Everybody in SC is now dead from the spontaneous gunfights that broke out thirty seconds after the passage of the bill and the streets are awash with blood to the point the sewers are backing up

Oh wait that is what all the carpetbaggers on Facebook that have moved here over the past decade were predicting as a sure thing. The hills were alive with the sound of pussies crying “iM aShaMeD tO lIVe iN sUCh a BaCkWaRd sTaTE” well go the *expletive deleted*ck back then, go on, git

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2024, 04:12:35 PM »
Stop that, Boomhauer, you're making them feel unsafe.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2024, 07:30:09 PM »
All the pansy ass business owners/companies in SC have now posted their stores because CCW for years and years was not a thing in their minds but oh lord we pass constitutional carry and the world is ending.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!