Author Topic: RIP Ken Block  (Read 305 times)

dogmush

• friend
RIP Ken Block
« on: January 03, 2023, 07:15:01 AM »
Ken Block apparently died in a snowmachine accident yesterday.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/action-sports-legend-dc-shoes-co-founder-ken-block-killed-snowmobile-accident

If you are at all into motorsports, the guy was a legendary driver, and could do seemingly impossible things with cars.  Back when I was doing autocross more regularly he was always an inspiration.  You can look up his annual GymKhana videos for some transcendent car control.

Guy was 55.  Sucks for his family.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: RIP Ken Block
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 08:26:34 AM »
RIP OG Hoonigan
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 09:11:26 AM »
If you are at all into motorsports, the guy was a legendary driver, and could do seemingly impossible things with cars.

No kidding. Watching him pilot a seemingly out of control drift car more precisely than most folks drive normally was amazing.

RIP.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 11:34:39 AM »
No kidding. Watching him pilot a seemingly out of control drift car more precisely than most folks drive normally was amazing.

RIP.

Brad

"Block's snowmobile landed on top of him when he rode on a steep slope around 2 p.m."

Rest in peace, and no joy on my part, but "A man's got to know his limitations."