Author Topic: America the Insane  (Read 637 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
America the Insane
« on: January 04, 2023, 03:20:47 PM »
What the federal government is indoctrinationg government workers with -- using our tax dollars:

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/what-the-feds-are-teaching-in-diversity-training/

We have known this is happening, of course, but I wasn't aware that the insanity has now been enshrined in federal law. Maybe it's a good thing my job with the USAF didn't happen. I know there would have been sparks if they tried to brainwash me with this junk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: America the Insane
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 03:32:15 PM »
Whenever I read about this insanity, I cannot help but think we are well and truly in what Robert Heinlein coined as "The Crazy Years" in his Future History novels.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 04:08:42 PM »
Whenever I read about this insanity, I cannot help but think we are well and truly in what Robert Heinlein coined as "The Crazy Years" in his Future History novels.

If this goes on...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 04:29:31 PM »
Wasn't there some old saw about how first they make homosexuality legal, and then they make it mandatory? Doesn't seem far-fetched anymore.

Next up, assisted suicide. Or else.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 05:00:16 PM »
I definitely wouldn't survive this if I were still a fed. Back in my day (says the boomer) you could at least just take the mandatory class, sit there and keep your mouth shut and not participate, and as long as they got you on the sign-in sheet, you were okay. Or take the online course that just required you read it, without you having to input any answers.

It sounds like they're heading for mandatory active participation now. I'd probably be written up in the first five minutes for refusing to give my pronouns.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 05:31:52 PM »
Wasn't there some old saw about how first they make homosexuality legal, and then they make it mandatory? Doesn't seem far-fetched anymore.

Next up, assisted suicide. Or else.

That sort of happened in the book Forever War.  The soldier kept going out on missions (sublight to other star systems) and coming back a few decades later to find all sorts of changes.  Eventually everyone was gay and the govt had encouraged it as population control. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 06:23:32 PM »
And Canada is pushing the assisted suicide real hard. The even have a full system they hook you up with you if you are having a hard time with something. Even got a pretty little acronym for it - MAID, Sounds so comforting.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/medical-assistance-dying.html
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 11:25:52 AM »
And Canada is pushing the assisted suicide real hard. The even have a full system they hook you up with you if you are having a hard time with something. Even got a pretty little acronym for it - MAID, Sounds so comforting.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/medical-assistance-dying.html

Do they turn the corpses into crackers afterwards?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2023, 11:34:58 AM »
Of course not.  They feed you to the bugs that are then turned into crackers.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 12:04:36 PM »
In Oregon, they're getting close to that with human composting. There's a company -  Recompose - involved in this process.

Recompose starts by laying the dead body in a cradle, along with various plant materials, and then putting the cradle in a vessel along with more plant materials. A Recompose employee then turns the vessel each day for about a month, at the end of which, all that’s left is nutrient-rich topsoil (as well as any non-biodegradable items like dental fillings, which are recycled). Recompose then gives the topsoil to the departed’s family or friends, which can be used to grow plants in a garden.

"Gee, why does this tomato from our backyard garden remind me of Grandma?"   :O

https://www.greenmatters.com/p/oregon-human-composting

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2023, 12:13:05 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2023, 05:13:40 PM »
In Oregon, they're getting close to that with human composting. There's a company -  Recompose - involved in this process.

"Gee, why does this tomato from our backyard garden remind me of Grandma?"   :O

https://www.greenmatters.com/p/oregon-human-composting

https://youtu.be/Id66zHTR51Y?t=14
"It's good, though..."