Author Topic: Even scrip sunglasses prices have skyrocketed  (Read 391 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Even scrip sunglasses prices have skyrocketed
« on: January 05, 2023, 12:43:44 PM »
I have a new vision scrip and want lenses for my WileyX sunglass frames. Wow, have prices gone up.

Five years ago I paid $275 for single-vision polarized poly lenses with anti-glare, anti-scratch, and mirroring. As of today they're $450. Ouch.

Sure wouldn't mind those mean tweets right now.

Brad
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 02:12:03 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

zahc

• friend
Re: Even scrip sunglasses prices have skyrocketed
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 03:57:30 PM »
You seem to imply that Trump being president would result in lower inflation. Do you have any reason to believe that?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 05:06:14 PM »
We just have past fond memories of a prosperous economy, during which one could buy a pound of butter, with a picture of a proud native american emblazoned on the package, for under $4...

ZOMG! That's the issue! We have to put the indian back on the butter package!
Blog under construction

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 05:15:33 PM »
Eggs for under two bucks a dozen would be nice, too.

SWMBO and I ate at a local diner over the weekend. Their generic grilled cheese plate, formerly a $5 lunch special, is now nine dollars.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 05:51:10 PM »
You seem to imply that Trump being president would result in lower inflation. Do you have any reason to believe that?

We would still have inflation. Would it be lower? Maybe. With the elevated cost of fuel being a significant driver in the increase in the cost of goods I think it would not be as high as it is now if Biden had not declared war on the fossil fuel industry.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 06:01:14 PM »
Eggs for under two bucks a dozen would be nice, too.

Who do you blame for bird flu that killed millions of chickens in the layer flocks?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 06:02:38 PM »
You may have a point on the oil prices but Trump was pretty bad about the interest rate and deficit so who knows how much of it would have cancelled out.

What's ticking me off now is the Fed chairman is saying the solution is to bring wages down, as if wages are causing the inflation. Wages are going up but that's lagging inflation so it can't be the cause of the inflation, but that's what corporate America wants to hear. Gotta create a recession to spur layoffs so desperate people have to accept jobs at lower wages, and that will save "the economy". That's basically their playbook they are publicly promoting.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 06:08:39 PM »
What's ticking me off now is the Fed chairman is saying the solution is to bring wages down, as if wages are causing the inflation. Wages are going up but that's lagging inflation so it can't be the cause of the inflation, but that's what corporate America wants to hear. Gotta create a recession to spur layoffs so desperate people have to accept jobs at lower wages, and that will save "the economy". That's basically their playbook they are publicly promoting.

I can totally agree with you on that.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2023, 10:10:55 AM »
A few days ago I went to a local optical place looking to have new lenses put in some existing frames that I had that were still in good shape.  The lenses were quoted very close to what I originally paid for those frames and lenses together.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.