Author Topic: The coup we never knew  (Read 849 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The coup we never knew
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2023, 11:03:59 PM »
I cannot fix other people.

I've tried.

It didn't work out well.

And it has cost me dearly - I figure if I'd stayed on the path I was on, I'd be retiring on over $6,000/month instead of about $2,000...

We're not all cut out to be social workers, but that's not the point. We're talking about a widespread attitude that says, even if you are the kind of person that could make a difference, you shouldn't try.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2023, 11:18:21 PM »
Dogmush's point is still valid.

In a free society, we all get to vote and make our own choices about what we do and what we value.  Some people value different things than others.  And folks with money and/or influence are able project their views more.  We may not like it, but where we're at is a consequence of a free society doing free society things.

Ben objects to this viewpoint on the basis that it's fairly inconceivable that a majority actually want gender identity or medical procedures for children policy changes.  Can't disagree, but I do think these fringe position are in the same basket of goods that people vote for when they vote for more popular D items. 

You don't get à la carte, there are only two entrée's.  You eat the sides that come with your order. 

I'll ask: If you're not happy with where we are at, and you were in control, what would you have done differently?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2023, 09:32:59 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2023, 04:54:16 PM »
Dogmush's point is still valid.

In a free society, we all get to vote and make our own choices about what we do and what we value.  Some people value different things than others.  And folks with money and/or influence are able project their views more.  We may not like it, but where we're at is a consequence of a free society doing free society things.

Ben objects to this viewpoint on the basis that it's fairly inconceivable that a majority actually want gender identity or medical procedures for children policy changes.  Can't disagree, but I do think these fringe position are in the same basket of goods that people vote for when they vote for more popular D items. 

You don't get à la carte, there are only two entrée's.  You eat the sides that come with your order. 

I'll ask: If you're not happy with where we are at, and you were in control, what would you have done differently?

It's cute how folks still consider the USA a free society.

It's cute how folks still think we have representative government.

Our gilded cages are large but cages nonetheless.

All government is imposing a system of morality upon its subjects. Whose morality is the question.

Libertarianism and even pure anarchism is imposing a moral framework upon people, the people that reject such retardity as civilization destroying policies that fly in the face of observable human nature.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.