Author Topic: ATF Shooting with No Bodycams  (Read 173 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
ATF Shooting with No Bodycams
« on: April 20, 2024, 07:42:28 AM »
Has anyone been following this? Suspicious as hell. Firstly, in this day and age, how do you serve a warrant without bodycams? Secondly, how the hell did bodycams not become policy until 2022?!?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arkansas-senators-say-clinton-airport-exec-killed-by-atf-with-no-bodycam-violation-its-own-policy
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: ATF Shooting with No Bodycams
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 10:35:58 AM »
Some of the stories indicate that the shooting victim was not of stellar character.   That said, the ATF appears to have screwed the pooch once again, and someone died because they couldn't get their act together.  It all sounds about right for the ATF.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 10:40:04 AM »
Some of the stories indicate that the shooting victim was not of stellar character.   That said, the ATF appears to have screwed the pooch once again, and someone died because they couldn't get their act together.  It all sounds about right for the ATF.

Agree on both points. From what I've seen he wasn't someone you or I would want to put on a pedestal but neither are most of the people the left routinely put on one.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 10:40:20 AM »
Some of the stories indicate that the shooting victim was not of stellar character.   

I had read that as well, and he may very well have been, but I no longer trust the MSM or gov to tell me that story. Even if he was a scumbag, all the more reason to use bodycams like most every other LE agency.

We concurrently have the story of the guy that the left wants to make George Floyd II, who took multiple shots at cops before they ever returned fire. Their bodycams prove that, and we know that the "victim" is an actual scumbag. The ATF, through incompetence or malicious behavior, created a "he said she said" scenario.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 10:45:23 AM »
Where the outrage from the media and SJWs? If he was a community parasite crack dealing street thug POC we would be hearing "say his name" in the streets right
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2024, 08:15:16 AM »
Anymore, I am immediately suspicious of anyone not wearing or using a badge/body cam.  Our security people even wear them now.  Biggest thing is in a he said/she said, it settles the argument in a hurry.  Columbus PD caught crap a couple of years ago when a cop shot a 14 year old girl, until the body cam showed her trying to stab someone with a 10 inch chef's knife when she got shot.  Debate ended right quick.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 08:57:53 AM »
Remember, it's not only that they didn't have/refuse to share their footage.  ATF actively disabled the man's own cameras.

If you heard banging out front at oh-dark-hundred, checked your Ring and it had been covered/disabled, what would your reaction be?

ETA: Also remember:  This was a SEARCH WARRANT.  They didn't even have permission to arrest him.  If they were going to kick down the door anyway, they could have just waited till he was at work, then served him the paperwork at the airport 30sec before the searchers kicked down the door and entered a safe, empty house.  The ATF deliberately chose the most violent, most likely to end in a gunfight way to serve this warrant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024, 09:03:16 AM »
If you heard banging out front at oh-dark-hundred, checked your Ring and it had been covered/disabled, what would your reaction be?

I have always said that if it was me against cops, this is how it would end for me. For most anything else where I'm innocent, I can cooperate, spend a few hours in jail until I post bail, then I can hire a lawyer. A home invasion is a home invasion, no matter who is doing the invading.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2024, 09:13:06 AM »
I have always said that if it was me against cops, this is how it would end for me. For most anything else where I'm innocent, I can cooperate, spend a few hours in jail until I post bail, then I can hire a lawyer. A home invasion is a home invasion, no matter who is doing the invading.

That's why my training load, and what's in most my mags lying around is M855, except for what is M855A1.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2024, 09:37:50 AM »
That's why my training load, and what's in most my mags lying around is M855, except for what is M855A1.
Mine is 7.62x39 HP.  I will have to think about that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2024, 02:31:21 PM »
Remember, it's not only that they didn't have/refuse to share their footage.  ATF actively disabled the man's own cameras.

ETA: Also remember:  This was a SEARCH WARRANT.  They didn't even have permission to arrest him.  If they were going to kick down the door anyway, they could have just waited till he was at work, then served him the paperwork at the airport 30sec before the searchers kicked down the door and entered a safe, empty house.  The ATF deliberately chose the most violent, most likely to end in a gunfight way to serve this warrant.

The .gov has shown over and over again that they need to create these violent situations so they can get funding. The fact that they keep getting away with it pisses me off to no end.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG