Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 49970 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #725 on: May 24, 2024, 10:36:18 AM »
Someone explain to AOC Marx does not control the weather
Although around here I think it's the Marx Brothers at times.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #727 on: May 24, 2024, 11:27:40 AM »
Meanwhile the kind of crowd AOC drew at a townhall in 2022

https://x.com/i/status/1580334046860611587
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #728 on: May 24, 2024, 06:16:08 PM »
AOC's "problem" solved.

“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #729 on: May 24, 2024, 11:12:29 PM »
Top 10 Moments From Trump Rally In The Bronx! (And 2 STUPID Clips)
Barry Cunningham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fay8wdASABs

Hope this turns into votes.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #730 on: May 25, 2024, 07:59:39 AM »
Polls Show Biden Still Has Sizable Lead Among Those Who Will Be Counting The Ballots
https://babylonbee.com/news/polls-show-biden-still-has-sizeable-lead-among-those-who-will-be-counting-the-ballots
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #731 on: May 26, 2024, 02:57:57 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #732 on: May 26, 2024, 03:06:58 PM »
Polls Show Biden Still Has Sizable Lead Among Those Who Will Be Counting The Ballots
https://babylonbee.com/news/polls-show-biden-still-has-sizeable-lead-among-those-who-will-be-counting-the-ballots

When did the Babylon Bee switch from satire to regular news?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #733 on: May 27, 2024, 09:05:57 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #734 on: May 27, 2024, 09:31:44 AM »
When did the Babylon Bee switch from satire to regular news?

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #735 on: May 28, 2024, 08:48:47 AM »
For our attorneys here:

I have been seeing a bunch of coverage this morning talking about closing arguments in the NY trial. The big thing coming up is that the defense has to give their closing arguments first, then the prosecution goes last. Everyone is saying this is usually the reverse (some are arguing rights of the accused and it being part of "innocent until proven guilty"), and that doing it this way is very out of the ordinary. Is that true, or is it done more often?

On another note, I see that the White House (as opposed to Biden's campaign) is supposedly preparing multiple statements, based on Trump being judged innocent or guilty. Seems like more banana republic to me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #736 on: May 28, 2024, 09:11:20 AM »
Guess we'll soon be finding out how big that banana is
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #737 on: May 28, 2024, 09:33:33 AM »
I thought it typically went Prosecution/Defense/Prosecution's rebuttal

If it is going Defense/Prosecution does defense get a chance at rebuttal?

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #738 on: May 28, 2024, 09:42:01 AM »
For our attorneys here:

I have been seeing a bunch of coverage this morning talking about closing arguments in the NY trial. The big thing coming up is that the defense has to give their closing arguments first, then the prosecution goes last. Everyone is saying this is usually the reverse (some are arguing rights of the accused and it being part of "innocent until proven guilty"), and that doing it this way is very out of the ordinary. Is that true, or is it done more often?

On another note, I see that the White House (as opposed to Biden's campaign) is supposedly preparing multiple statements, based on Trump being judged innocent or guilty. Seems like more banana republic to me.

Dunno about the order of operations bit.

But the multiple statements being prepared is pretty typical. FDR (or was it Ike as allied commander?) had 2 speeches prepared for after thr D-Day invasion, depending upon the results.  I think Nixon also did the same for the moon landings.  Anytime there's a somewhat momentus occasion whose outcome is not certain the white house has at least 2 responses prepared.
Formerly sumpnz

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #739 on: May 28, 2024, 09:56:47 AM »
But the multiple statements being prepared is pretty typical. FDR (or was it Ike as allied commander?) had 2 speeches prepared for after thr D-Day invasion, depending upon the results.  I think Nixon also did the same for the moon landings.  Anytime there's a somewhat momentus occasion whose outcome is not certain the white house has at least 2 responses prepared.

Understood. I should have clarified that what I was reading suggested the statements would be geared towards "We got those filty MAGAs" or "Those filthy MAGAs escaped justice, versus "justice was served" or "accept the legal process".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #740 on: May 28, 2024, 12:21:47 PM »
AOC's "problem" solved.

You have to spell it aoc, because she doesn't believe in capitalism.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #741 on: May 28, 2024, 12:44:55 PM »
You have to spell it aoc, because she doesn't believe in capitalism.

https://instantrimshot.com/
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #742 on: May 29, 2024, 01:14:17 PM »
Herrera lost by less than 500 votes

The Establishment Ekes Out a Win in TX-23
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024/05/29/the-establishment-ekes-out-a-win-in-tx-23-n1225058
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #743 on: May 29, 2024, 01:20:03 PM »

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024/05/29/the-establishment-ekes-out-a-win-in-tx-23-n1225058

Good. America needs him to concentrate on the AK-50.

I'd like to think the Congressman will learn a lesson by having nearly lost his seat, but I'm guessing that's not going to happen.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #744 on: May 29, 2024, 01:24:55 PM »

I'd like to think the Congressman will learn a lesson by having nearly lost his seat, but I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

Based on what he was spewing before the election I highly doubt it and I think it's more of a case of he thinks the more democrat the better despite that R next to his name.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #745 on: May 29, 2024, 01:35:24 PM »

Hopefully in 2 years he beats the snot out of Gonzales in the election.
Formerly sumpnz

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #746 on: May 29, 2024, 09:28:14 PM »
Based on what he was spewing before the election I highly doubt it and I think it's more of a case of he thinks the more democrat the better despite that R next to his name.
Nerdrotic lives in the San Antonio area now.  On his livestream today, he said all the commercials on the TV at his gym were anti-Brandon ads almost on a loop.  The incumbent spent a butt load of money defending his seat.  He should at least feel some pressure to at least keep up appearances. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #747 on: May 30, 2024, 11:52:07 AM »
Not sure what was up in El Paso County, but Brandon got 382 out of 19K votes cast, and when all other counties were done, El Paso was still only 1 of 24 precincts reporting.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #748 on: June 04, 2024, 11:36:37 AM »
Bill Maher has gone full on fascist

Bill Maher Gets BLUNTLY Honest About Biden's Chances in November and Lefties Just CAN'T EVEN (Watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/06/04/bill-maher-on-biden-losing-n2396957
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #749 on: June 05, 2024, 02:50:32 PM »
The Bee again saying what most of the MSM won't

Biden Announces Plan To Pretend To Care About The Border Until November 6
https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-announces-plan-to-pretend-to-care-about-the-border-until-november-6
- Calvin and Hobbes