Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 30155 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2023, 02:26:43 PM »
There is a serious backlash coming against the gay “movement” thanks to the Drag Queen Story Hour, groomers in schools, and so on.

The ordinary gays are also tired of the “movement” as well and a huge number of them don’t want to be associated with the pedos waving dildos at children.
I agree with this.  IMO, the conservative Republican stance on gays and trans is mainstream.  As long as the candidate is firm in their convictions and don't try to apologize, they will be fine. 

The people supporting this crap are the mushy people in leadership positions who think they are supposed to please everyone and are scared of what they perceive as bad publicity. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2023, 03:30:43 PM »
The people supporting this crap are the mushy people in leadership positions who think they are supposed to please everyone a small group of purple haired, nose ringed, vocally militant spoiled brats and are scared of what they perceive as bad publicity.

FTFY.

That black lady the other day that explained why you don't see black kids all switching genders, also explained mainstream America pretty well regarding the social media gaslighting that would have you believe more than 50% of kids want to change their sex.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2023, 04:49:01 PM »
https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/03/28/is-chris-christie-the-trump-destroyer-its-not-going-to-end-nicely-for-trump-in-2024-n539895

He frames the justification for his entry into the race as being the person with the skill to take out Trump. His supporters say he can present an alternative to Trump’s politics of grievance, that Trump’s message has been all about him and victimhood, while Christie can deliver a strong and positive message. It’s important to remember that Trump’s performance on a debate stage is unrelenting and often brutal against his competition.

“You have to be fearless, because he will come back — and right at you,” Christie said. “And that means you need to think about who’s got the skill to do that, and who’s got the guts to do that, because it’s not going to end nicely.”

Nope, that's not going to work. Only an idiot thinks that direct attacks on Trump is the way to get Republican votes. And only an idiot thinks it's a good idea to do so in a face-to-face debate.

If you want to be nominated next year, that is the wrong way to go about it. I hope he's not paying anyone who's telling him to do that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2023, 05:12:29 PM »
That black lady the other day that explained why you don't see black kids all switching genders, also explained mainstream America pretty well regarding the social media gaslighting that would have you believe more than 50% of kids want to change their sex.

I don't know about kids, but blacks and hispanics have higher rates of transvestitism than white people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2023, 03:52:38 PM »
So Newsom is doing a tour of the US (just the bad red states apparently) as I guess some kind of a "I'm here for you" stunt. Even though it's obvious this is him ramping up to run for President. I don't see any scenario where he doesn't run, including if Biden runs again.

Sadly, the $2000 empty suit with the haircut on top will likely get a lot of dem, and even independent votes. I'm betting that if it's him or Trump, he'll take it. If it's him or DeSantis, I'll give a slight edge to DeSantis, though that will depend on how bad the MSM and big tech election interference is this time around.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/04/07/gov-gavin-newsoms-attempted-slam-on-red-murder-states-is-all-fail/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2023, 03:07:26 PM »
The really frighteningly insidious thing about the Dark Lord DeSantis is the way he keeps forcing more and more innocent Americans to move to his state. It’s just evil.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/04/13/more-than-10k-new-yorkers-flee-to-florida-in-2023-n543573
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2023, 05:24:11 PM »
 :rofl: It ain't just NY.
Any "high tax" area (like Chicago) is hemorrhaging population.  And while Chicago may be the biggest loser in the state, most of the state is losing population as well.
  [popcorn]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2023, 06:24:55 AM »
Question: is there any law that says a party HAS to hold a primary?   Im asking because I just saw a blurb online saying the DNC will not hold debates despite there being two reasonably solid primary challengers. I seem to recall the courts giving the DNC a pass on rigging the primaries for Hillary based on primary elections being a party internal thing, and they can make their own rules.

So is there anything stopping the DNC from just unilaterally saying "Joe's our guy, shut up plebes!'?  I kinda understand their reluctance,  as having a sitting POTUS primaried would seem to be a scathing indictment of current policy.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone knew the actual laws regarding primaries.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2023, 08:37:37 AM »
Question: is there any law that says a party HAS to hold a primary?   Im asking because I just saw a blurb online saying the DNC will not hold debates despite there being two reasonably solid primary challengers. I seem to recall the courts giving the DNC a pass on rigging the primaries for Hillary based on primary elections being a party internal thing, and they can make their own rules.

So is there anything stopping the DNC from just unilaterally saying "Joe's our guy, shut up plebes!'?  I kinda understand their reluctance,  as having a sitting POTUS primaried would seem to be a scathing indictment of current policy.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone knew the actual laws regarding primaries.
I'm pretty sure primaries aren't required by Federal law - consider that some states choose candidates for the general election via caucus, which is a completely partisan process. And in the last election, a couple of states canceled their GOP primaries.

A PO'd primary challenger could potentially run as a 3rd party candidate - I'd love to see a couple of frustrated D's do that in 2024.  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2023, 09:51:24 AM »
https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/03/28/is-chris-christie-the-trump-destroyer-its-not-going-to-end-nicely-for-trump-in-2024-n539895

Nope, that's not going to work. Only an idiot thinks that direct attacks on Trump is the way to get Republican votes. And only an idiot thinks it's a good idea to do so in a face-to-face debate.

If you want to be nominated next year, that is the wrong way to go about it. I hope he's not paying anyone who's telling him to do that.
I tend to agree with that.  Attacking Trump just invites him to counter and likely hit home at some point and the media focuses on Trumps response.  Best to maintain a consistent message about yourself and your plans for a better America (insert chosen campaign slogan here).  Do not respond to Trump except in the most indirect way since you won't do it better than him. 

I recall people analyzing the last months of the 2020 campaign saying Biden staying home and not campaigning was likely his best strategy.  Biden sucked as a candidate and Trump didn't do as well with all the focus on him.  Not sure if that is true, but there is something to it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2023, 09:57:42 AM »
Biden staying in his basement only worked because the media was covering for him.  Even the news media in the 90’s wouldn’t have been so in the tank for Biden as to make it seem like that was a even an option let alone a winning strategy.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2023, 11:16:36 AM »
HankB:
"A PO'd primary challenger could potentially run as a 3rd party candidate - I'd love to see a couple of frustrated D's do that in 2024.  >:D"

From your fingertips to G-d's screen.  But The Party is like a curmudgeonly Father who does not shrink from corporal punishment for The Party's wayward children.

How'd you like to pay for your own postage and yard signs next time around?  Or do without The Party's sophisticated marketing strategies, like knowing where and when to do your handshaking and baby-kissing for maximum effect?

Do you really think you won public office last time around by the force and rectitude of your own personal philosophies and can do it again as a third party candidate?  Sehr Glück with that, Sonny boy.

There's the line.

Toe it.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 11:33:20 AM by 230RN »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2023, 11:32:54 AM »
Biden staying in his basement only worked because the media was covering for him.  Even the news media in the 90’s wouldn’t have been so in the tank for Biden as to make it seem like that was a even an option let alone a winning strategy.
I would expect the media to cover for any democrat in the future also as well as anyone opposing Trump (until the primary is decided).

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2023, 11:41:53 AM »
I would expect the media to cover for any democrat in the future also as well as anyone opposing Trump (until the primary is decided).

They certainly did that for Fetterman.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2023, 07:10:57 PM »
I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone that the current thing in office has a studio produced announcement coming out tomorrow to announce his run for reelection because he is not mentally capable of doing it with live press.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2023, 10:44:08 PM »
I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone that the current thing in office has a studio produced announcement coming out tomorrow to announce his run for reelection because he is not mentally capable of doing it with live press.
That's probably why he hasn't met with Speaker McCarthy to talk about the debt limit - he's not mentally capable of negotiating "live." Hell, even medicated up to his eyeballs reading his lines off the teleprompter is a struggle.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2023, 11:04:27 PM »
That's probably why he hasn't met with Speaker McCarthy to talk about the debt limit - he's not mentally capable of negotiating "live." Hell, even medicated up to his eyeballs reading his lines off the teleprompter is a struggle.

And there's a real chance he could run and win in 2024.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2023, 08:52:59 AM »
And he's running.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2023, 09:19:26 AM »
And he's running.

And he will win.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2023, 09:32:21 AM »
And he will win.
They're working on the vote count (behind the scenes) already.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2023, 10:16:05 AM »
I can't stand this guy, but when he's right, he's right. This should be considered an outrage whether happening on the R or D side.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/04/25/cenk-uygur-raging-at-the-dnc-for-not-allowing-debates-in-24-primary-the-schadenfreude-we-all-crave/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2023, 03:23:42 PM »
Obama (the other one) seems to be back in the rumor mill as a candidate. I could actually buy the suggestion here that they would introduce her as a last minute "save the democracy" candidate were Biden (or his handlers) to change his mind at the last minute and drop out. I could see the MSM and social media going on all out blast mode to promote her over other dem candidates. "It's an Obama! It's a black woman!"

https://twitchy.com/justmindy-313239/2023/04/26/roger-stone-suggests-michelle-obama-may-be-the-democratic-candidate-for-2024-and-heads-are-spinning/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2023, 04:44:14 PM »
Guess it's time to drag out the race card again

Biden's ex-chief of staff claims 'racism and sexism' are the reason Kamala Harris is so unpopular - as White House tries to desperately fix her image for 2024 run
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12026715/Bidens-ex-chief-staff-claims-racism-sexism-reason-Kamala-Harris-unpopular.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2023, 07:08:16 PM »
Guess it's time to drag out the race card again

Biden's ex-chief of staff claims 'racism and sexism' are the reason Kamala Harris is so unpopular - as White House tries to desperately fix her image for 2024 run
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12026715/Bidens-ex-chief-staff-claims-racism-sexism-reason-Kamala-Harris-unpopular.html

Every time Kameltoe opens her mouth, she "fixes" her image.  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2023, 03:42:11 PM »
Chris Christie thinks he has the 2024 nomination wrapped up and it took me a while to quit laughing.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG