Author Topic: Interesting home device on Woot...  (Read 982 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Interesting home device on Woot...
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2023, 09:13:04 AM »
The stationary vac makes some sense as a day to day thing.  I sweep my kitchen a lot, but don't always vaccuum up the pile every time.  Having a little vacuum in the corner to pick it up would be convenient.  Even better if it had a brush to take some of the fuzz that collected on the end of the broom. 

That said, I am not sure the cost is worth it compared to just using a dust pan.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 09:56:06 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2023, 09:42:45 AM »
I've already addressed the issues with the dust pan trying to collect Seren's fur and the incredible amount of dirt that she tracks in on her fur and coat.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2023, 09:56:40 AM »
I've already addressed the issues with the dust pan trying to collect Seren's fur and the incredible amount of dirt that she tracks in on her fur and coat.
Perhaps I should have added in "for me" to my statement.  I don't have that dog hair issue. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2023, 11:23:17 AM »
Since you still need a broom you're already halfway there to this far cheaper solution.

Same for me. I already have a lifetime supply of dustpans and brooms. That, and I'm not in that much of a hurry.

Some of those cost more than half of what a DRO costs for my lathe/milling machine!

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

grampster

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2023, 11:30:26 AM »
Nuke the fur from orbit, it's the only way.

What Caliber for dog fur.

Somebody had to post it. :old: :rofl:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2023, 01:03:59 PM »
What Caliber for dog fur.

I'm thinking that for this weekend again. Steve does very little shedding, so vacuuming twice a week is more than sufficient. I'm dog sitting a friend's lab again this weekend for four days, and she is a shedding machine. I have to vacuum every day when she is here. It doesn't help that this guy never brushes her. The first thing I usually do when she gets here is brush her and spray a bunch of Arm and Hammer dog desmeller on her, because he apparently never bathes her either.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2023, 07:37:34 AM »
The new EyeVac came on Sunday.

Got it set up and... it's freaking brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.