Author Topic: All your crypto coin r belong to us  (Read 293 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
All your crypto coin r belong to us
« on: January 08, 2023, 02:10:44 PM »
Or at least not to you.

Steve Lehto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVCUfK6dXT8

I have never understood what crypto currency is or how it's supposed to work, so I haven't played with it. I'm glad.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: All your crypto coin r belong to us
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 02:58:09 PM »
I never messed with crypto, but I wish I had. Not long after Bitcoin started to become a thing, and it was still being valued in cents, I had a guy offer to pay me either 20 or 40 bitcoin for a cheap pair of handgun grips.

I turned him down because I figured crypto was a dead end.

Boy was I wrong. At their peak those coins would have been worth nearly $3,000,000.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 08:33:37 PM »
Wow, I'm glad I don't have a story like that!   :-[

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 11:13:14 AM »
If you're "in to crypto" and your funds are held by an online exchange... then you're not into crypto.

You do not own your crypto unless it's in your wallet that you control and have the sole backup key.

I'm appalled at the direction the crypto market has gone in the last 2 years.  I blame New York types for the direction.  All the futures traders, speculators and such created derivatives and other secondary instruments based only partly on the actual value of the crypto itself.  NFT's in particular were a dumbshit move.

BTC and other crypto won't roar back until these shysters are pushed out of the market.  Crypto's value is for environments where technological reliability is high, but trust in government is low.  The Wall Street types are the exact type of filth that crypto was intended to combat.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 06:53:32 PM »
I've always thought of crypto like a collectable...it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  The difference is that a collectable is something I can hold, display, and enjoy owning.  A collectable gun, even more.  A bitcoin of other such thing, nothing but bragging rights while owned.

No, I haven't played in crypto.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark