Author Topic: It's getting sporty in Brasilia  (Read 513 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
It's getting sporty in Brasilia
« on: January 08, 2023, 03:51:54 PM »
They're comparing this to Jan 6
And believe it or not some are blaming Trump.  :facepalm: You know, because nothing like this EVER happened in history before J6

Thousands of Bolsonaro supporters STORM Brazil's Congress in Brasilia - after refusing to accept new President Lula's victory in 'stolen' election - copying Trump-inspired January 6th invasion of the US Capitol in 2021
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11612419/Hundreds-Jair-Bolsonaro-supporters-STORM-Brazils-Congress-building.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
Re: It's getting sporty in Brasilia
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 08:54:03 PM »
Was the election stolen? 

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 10:42:13 PM »
Was the election stolen? 
  I have a lot of family still in Brazil.   The general consensus is yes, but that the corruption is so rampant that there's nothing that can be done.   Sadly, Brazil has a long history of corruption that many felt Bolsonaro was the first steps towards digging themselves out.   There's a lot of reports of voting districts (particularly those with a very heavy organized crime presence) where there were supposedly no votes for Bolsonaro (as in literally 0 votes), but also were there not only more votes cast for Lula than registered voters, there were more votes cast for Lula than living PEOPLE in those districts.   
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 11:26:17 PM »
. . . There's a lot of reports of voting districts (particularly those with a very heavy organized crime presence) where there were supposedly no votes for Bolsonaro (as in literally 0 votes), but also were there not only more votes cast for Lula than registered voters, there were more votes cast for Lula than living PEOPLE in those districts.
So what. In the Philadelphia area there was a block of 59 precincts that voted for Obama over Romney by a margin of 19,305 to 0. The election was every bit as honest and above board as the one that put Biden in the Oval Office.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 08:15:04 AM »
  I have a lot of family still in Brazil.   The general consensus is yes, but that the corruption is so rampant that there's nothing that can be done.   Sadly, Brazil has a long history of corruption that many felt Bolsonaro was the first steps towards digging themselves out.   There's a lot of reports of voting districts (particularly those with a very heavy organized crime presence) where there were supposedly no votes for Bolsonaro (as in literally 0 votes), but also were there not only more votes cast for Lula than registered voters, there were more votes cast for Lula than living PEOPLE in those districts.

Sounds familiar
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 11:32:17 AM »
Here's Schiff for Brains with it's Trump's fault.

Rioters attack government buildings in Brazil, supporting a strongman’s bogus claims of election fraud.

The world will suffer the consequences of Trump’s terrible example for years to come.

Even as we struggle to emerge from the same dark shadow.

We stand with you, Brazil.

— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) January 9, 2023
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/01/09/adam-schiff-knows-exactly-whos-to-blame-for-brazilians-storming-congress-just-guess/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 11:56:25 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 07:11:55 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 07:24:08 PM »
Yeah, he looks far right to me.  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 01:39:34 AM »
Dave Rubin interviewed a guy with intimate knowledge of Brazilian politics.  Little long, but very eye-opening and frighteningly familiar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrpo-0dhIzA