Author Topic: So, you're gonna serve a warrant....  (Read 356 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
So, you're gonna serve a warrant....
« on: January 09, 2023, 07:45:52 AM »
...on a moderately famous rapper...

It'd help if you actually checked out what the confidential informant is telling  you.

And remember - he has media, and has people with media skills... And security cameras. And munchies. Because he's that guy... Afroman's that guy who got high...

<FIGURE NONE OF THE VIDEOS ARE COMPLETELY SAFE FOR WORK>

https://youtu.be/WeYsTmIzjkw

They confiscated over 5Gs from the OG, along with two doobies. Warrant was for major drug trafficking and kidnapping.

Of the $5,100, he got back all but $400, which seems to have magically disappeared.

https://youtu.be/oponIfu5L3Y

https://youtu.be/d_f9R_UYrDc

https://youtu.be/9xxK5yyecRo

https://www.sciotopost.com/afroman-a-90s-rapper-made-a-video-after-his-home-was-raided-in-southern-ohio/
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
Re: So, you're gonna serve a warrant....
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 09:12:09 AM »
Like a lot of these stories, I always wonder what (if any) evidence they had aside from the informant that justified the raid.  I figure it wasn't much. 

I wonder if we could get some legislation passed about this.  At least get some sort of public report on how many warrants were signed, categories of what evidence they were based on, and the results of those warrants.  It would be nice to know how many times cops are busting down doors and roughly what they actually found per warrant.  I bet it would be a lot less than people imagine.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 10:36:41 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

castle key

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 11:52:25 AM »
Afroman did the absolutely epic move of making a video using his security cam footage of the police raid.

He is also running for president, a move I can support as how can we do much worse?

I never heard of Afroman until my 22 year old neighbor told me about him.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 01:04:25 PM »
Well played Afroman.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 01:32:30 PM »
Afroman did the absolutely epic move of making a video using his security cam footage of the police raid.

He is also running for president, a move I can support as how can we do much worse?

I never heard of Afroman until my 22 year old neighbor told me about him.

Can we get his position on the legal status of Marijuana? I really wonder...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 01:48:51 PM »
It is a very nuanced position I’m sure.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 02:00:40 PM »

Heck with the marijuana. I want to know where he found a running Good Humor truck for his video.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 03:38:56 PM »
Failure of the checks and balances system.  The judicial branch  is supposed to guard against excesses of the executive (cops) branch.

It seems that too often they are actually cooperative conspirators, where compliant judges swallow the allegations of the police whole, without gagging a la Deep Warrant.

I also think the "executors" of the judicial orders get too wrapped up in their "qualified immunity" in terms of damaging personal property to execute warrants.  They bust in your door and wreck the joint, that's too bad on you.

I have a lot of cops and firemen in my family, and as a kid, I was always taught that cops were your friend. 

But that noble concept is being eroded more and more by enforcement excesses I keep hearing about.   And most of them seem to be a result of the "War on Drugs, " which has turned into a "War on Rights."

I am of course aware that the judges have to rely on the sworn statements of the police officers, but they could at least hold the officers responsible if  false warrants are served, however "accidental" they may be.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 04:05:22 PM by 230RN »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 03:58:03 PM »
Want to raise your blood pressure?
Search youtube for  "wrong house search warrant". "no nock raid wrong house".

It is proof positive that we really are a pretty civilized bunch of people. In a less civilized society I suspect that more than a few of those jack booted thugs would "disappear".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams