Author Topic: Are we suppose to cry a river for her?  (Read 573 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Are we suppose to cry a river for her?
« on: January 09, 2023, 09:30:49 AM »
She's a "victim"
Stop with the victim BS, you knew what you were getting into since it wasn't exactly a secret what kind of people ISIS was/is so don't expect me to feel sorry for because you were mistreated after joining them.

‘I was a victim of ISIS’: Alabama woman who joined ISIS, married three fighters and called on extremists to ‘spill blood of Americans’ asks to be allowed to return to US from Syrian camp after Obama stripped her citizenship
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11612045/Alabama-woman-joined-IS-hopes-return-Syria-camp.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Are we suppose to cry a river for her?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 10:17:05 AM »
Well, we were all victims of Obama...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 10:22:25 AM »
She should just thank her lucky stars all Obama did was yank her citizenship. He normally drone strikes folks.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 10:34:19 AM »
Well, if she is guilty should face a noose for treason if she returns... so maybe she should just stay over there.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 10:36:08 AM »
Well, if she is guilty should face a noose for treason if she returns... so maybe she should just stay over there.

But there's $$$$ to be made on the talk show circuit not to mention the book deal.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 10:50:35 AM »
Out of curiosity which of her actions, as described in that article, do you think is Treason, and not 1A protected speech?

I have zero sympathy for this bitch, but the definition of Treason seems kind of elastic around here.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 10:55:05 AM »
Out of curiosity which of her actions, as described in that article, do you think is Treason, and not 1A protected speech?

I have zero sympathy for this bitch, but the definition of Treason seems kind of elastic around here.
Not just around here.  It is thrown out there all over and from all sides. 

IMO, aiding and abetting enemies of the US and its military in foreign countries, but that may not meet the legal definition.  She pulled a Jane Fonda, maybe more than that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 11:09:03 AM »

Article III, Section 3, Clause 1:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Calling on terrorists to murder Americans when they actually might do what you say is not protected by the first amendment.  If you are a member of a terrorist group, and are urging your fellow ISIS members to kill Americans that is a realistic threat. ( 'spill all of their blood or rent a big truck n (sic) drive all over them. Kill them'.)  So, if she did that it is not protected free speech.  BRANDENBURG v. OHIO

Bearing arms for ISIS- which she supposedly was photographed doing- qualifies as levying war against the USA and giving aid and comfort to her enemies.

So, if guilty (I don't know if she is or not) she should be executed in my opinion.  Jane Fonda too.

Thanks for keeping me honest!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 02:27:06 PM »
'Of course I regret coming here,' the 28-year-old told The News Movement. 'If I could take it back I would do it in a heartbeat.'

They left out the rest of the statement: "because it didn't work out the way I hoped it would."

She has previously claimed that tweets inciting violence against former President Barack Obama were actually sent by jihadis who stole her phone. 

Of course. Nobody is ever personally responsible for anything today. It was always some unidentified "they" who actually did it (whatever "it" was).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2023, 04:54:42 PM »
Remind me again when there was a declaration of war against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Because we're currently helping them in Yemen.

Bearing arms (if she did) in Syria, against Kurdish allies of the US (until Trump hung them out to dry) is kind of a stretch.  We did have US military personnel in Syria at the time, but that's a low bar.  We have US military personnel in a lot of places.

As far as the tweets saying to kill Americans, 1. she says she didn't make them, 2. I  can't actually find them, but I'm pretty sure that it would require some actual immediacy, not "Fellow Muslims in the US, Rise Up!!".

Mean Tweets are not treason.  She's a *expletive deleted*tard, and deserves to hang out in a Syrian prison camp for a good long time, but I just don't see treason for *expletive deleted*ing some goatherds and making tweets, honestly I'm not sure I would even if it could be proven someone joined because of her social media. I admit I'm kinda jaded but calls for execution strike me as more of the Bush era "You're with us or an Enemy!!" rhetoric circa 2006 or so.  The whole conflict was more nuanced and foggy than that.  Find me evidence she was making IED that were placed in Iraq for US convoys, sure you have a point. Syria circa 2014 was more like siding against our catspaw in the proxy war.  I could be wrong though. 

And that's ignoring the whole point that apparently as far as the US government appears to be concerned, she's not a US citizen and never has been.  Which would make it difficult to commit treason.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2023, 05:22:18 PM »
Remind me again when there was a declaration of war against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Because we're currently helping them in Yemen.

Bearing arms (if she did) in Syria, against Kurdish allies of the US (until Trump hung them out to dry) is kind of a stretch.  We did have US military personnel in Syria at the time, but that's a low bar.  We have US military personnel in a lot of places.

As far as the tweets saying to kill Americans, 1. she says she didn't make them, 2. I  can't actually find them, but I'm pretty sure that it would require some actual immediacy, not "Fellow Muslims in the US, Rise Up!!".

Mean Tweets are not treason.  She's a *expletive deleted*tard, and deserves to hang out in a Syrian prison camp for a good long time, but I just don't see treason for *expletive deleted*ing some goatherds and making tweets, honestly I'm not sure I would even if it could be proven someone joined because of her social media. I admit I'm kinda jaded but calls for execution strike me as more of the Bush era "You're with us or an Enemy!!" rhetoric circa 2006 or so.  The whole conflict was more nuanced and foggy than that.  Find me evidence she was making IED that were placed in Iraq for US convoys, sure you have a point. Syria circa 2014 was more like siding against our catspaw in the proxy war.  I could be wrong though. 

And that's ignoring the whole point that apparently as far as the US government appears to be concerned, she's not a US citizen and never has been.  Which would make it difficult to commit treason.

True.

On the other hand, if her father is (or was) a Yemeni diplomat, why doesn't she get repatriated to Yemen?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2023, 05:39:29 PM »
She's a "victim"
Stop with the victim BS, you knew what you were getting into since it wasn't exactly a secret what kind of people ISIS was/is so don't expect me to feel sorry for because you were mistreated after joining them.

‘I was a victim of ISIS’: Alabama woman who joined ISIS, married three fighters and called on extremists to ‘spill blood of Americans’ asks to be allowed to return to US from Syrian camp after Obama stripped her citizenship

Wow.  0bama did the right thing?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2023, 06:57:59 PM »
Wow.  0bama did the right thing?
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.