Author Topic: Colorado "Mass Shooting Prevention Act"  (Read 589 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Colorado "Mass Shooting Prevention Act"
« on: January 09, 2023, 11:29:01 AM »
Appears they're going for a ban in CO
They're not going to stop

What they're saying: Colorado needs "to get to the root of what is driving these individuals to kill others, while simultaneously reducing the mayhem by ensuring that these weapons of war are confined to where they truly belong — the battlefield," Adam Shore, executive director of Colorado Ceasefire Legislative Action, told the Colorado Sun.
Colorado Democrats press for tougher gun laws after Club Q shooting
https://www.axios.com/local/denver/2023/01/03/colorado-gun-laws-club-q-state-democrats

Can't find a link to the draft at the moment but meanwhile here's a Guns & Gadgets video describing it.

Mass Shooting Prevention Act Submitted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOjOlG73NpI
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: Colorado "Mass Shooting Prevention Act"
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 11:59:51 AM »
According to channel two news, the Democrats have an overwhelming majority in the Colorado legislature.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 02:21:07 PM »
Once again blaming the tool rather than the operator.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 04:46:37 PM »
According to channel two news, the Democrats have an overwhelming majority in the Colorado legislature.

Yeah, about like IL-ANNOY.  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 06:53:15 PM »
Does anyone believe the "slippery slope fallacy" is actually a fallacy any more?

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 02:45:24 PM »
Does anyone believe the "slippery slope fallacy" is actually a fallacy any more?

Haven't believed it to be a fallacy for YEARS.  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 03:57:35 AM »
I came out to the free air in Colorado in the early sixties from New York City. The freedom wasn't part of my decision --I wasn't thinking in those terms.   But I was delighted and invigorated to find the beautiful political difference between NYC and Colorado.

But I guess the cancer of statism / liberalism has finally spread to here.

Hey, red States:  Early detection and treatment is the key.  Watch out for all signs and symptoms.

Sigh.

Terry, 230RN

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 12:08:12 PM »
But I guess the cancer of statism / liberalism has finally spread to here.

Hey, red States:  Early detection and treatment is the key.  Watch out for all signs and symptoms.

Sigh.

Terry, 230RN

Over the years I have come to believe the cancer of statism / leftism is incurable.  You just make the patient as comfortable as possible until they finally expire.  North Carolina is suffering from this terrible malady.

I changed "liberalism" to "leftism".  I think it is fractionally more descriptive.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 12:30:27 PM »
^ "I changed 'liberalism' to 'leftism'.  I think it is fractionally more descriptive."

Agreed, but the language is what it is nowadays.  Poor thing.  English is also dying.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 01:26:33 PM »
^ "I changed 'liberalism' to 'leftism'.  I think it is fractionally more descriptive."

Agreed, but the language is what it is nowadays.  Poor thing.  English is also dying.

The English language is already dead. We're just stuck with dealing with the rotting corpse.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams