Author Topic: "Weaponization of Government Against Americans" subcommittee  (Read 286 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
"Weaponization of Government Against Americans" subcommittee
« on: January 09, 2023, 03:52:31 PM »
Apparently, there will now officially be a Weaponization of Government Against Americans subcommittee. Just one more item the House Speaker Vote holdouts stood firm for.

Langley Outdoor Academy's take on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtHobaVvpGE

I doubt they'll do much more than call people in to annoy them for a couple of hours, but at least it's something.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: "Weaponization of Government Against Americans" subcommittee
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 04:03:28 PM »
Is this a subcommittee looking to increase or decrease the "Weaponization of Government Against Americans".
My cynical nature would suspect the former before the latter.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 04:12:45 PM »
Is this a subcommittee looking to increase or decrease the "Weaponization of Government Against Americans".
My cynical nature would suspect the former before the latter.

Decrease (supposedly)

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 04:36:34 PM »
If nothing more, those weaponizing government against American citizens will learn what they are doing wrong and up their game.  They will become better weaponizers.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.