Author Topic: The Last of Us on HBO...  (Read 2119 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The Last of Us on HBO...
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2023, 05:56:29 PM »
I guess I won't be watching it.  Only the first episode is free unless I subscribe to HBO Max.  I thought it was included with my cable subscription.

If you have Amazon Prime, you can get a free seven day trial. If you wait until the series is done, you could binge it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2023, 05:59:24 PM »
If you have Amazon Prime, you can get a free seven day trial. If you wait until the series is done, you could binge it.

Thanks, I may do that.  Not sure if it's bingeable, but I see the first episode was 1:20:00, not the hour that I thought; maybe that's why it seemed so long  =D
"It's good, though..."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2023, 06:03:13 PM »
I have heard the same from some, but others just say the wokeness is more subtle.  Women in charge of everything and the dead daughter is a lesbian.  I haven't watched it.  Just seeing mixed reviews.  Some like it, others less so.  Hard to judge that until full season is out.

From what I've read, the girl who's immune is the lesbo and they did that because she was in the original story or video game.  That's a legit reason.  But they probably could have left it out if the wanted to.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2023, 09:21:02 PM »
I guess I won't be watching it.  Only the first episode is free unless I subscribe to HBO Max.  I thought it was included with my cable subscription.

Do you have HBO with your cable? It's running on regular HBO, which is how I see it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2023, 10:25:47 PM »
Do you have HBO with your cable? It's running on regular HBO, which is how I see it.

I thought I had HBO as part of the package, but we never watch it.  I just scrolled thru about 2000 channels on the guide and didn't see HBO anywhere.  If I go to On Demand it shows up, but when I select anything it wants me to sign up.  So I guess $200+ a month doesn't include HBO and I'd need to pay another $15 for that.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2023, 12:13:54 PM »
" So I guess $200+ a month doesn't include HBO and I'd need to pay another $15 for that."

I'm paying about that for Verizon Fios triple play -- TV, internet, and home phone. And HBO.

I'm thinking of changing to only Fios internet and going with Hulu +Live streaming and HBO. That will save me about $70 a month or so and it will also get me back American Heroes channel, which Verizon slapped into a higher tier package a few months ago that would add another $40 a month (IIRC) onto what I'm already paying. Screw that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2023, 12:38:57 PM »
From what I've read, the girl who's immune is the lesbo and they did that because she was in the original story or video game.  That's a legit reason.  But they probably could have left it out if the wanted to.
From what I heard, they made her a lesbian in the 2nd game which is the one everyone hated.  Just what I have heard.  Never played either.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2023, 04:33:23 PM »
Yeah she went Lebanese in the second game which was a hard eyeroll but the rest of the game was good.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2023, 08:01:00 PM »
Okay, yeah, Episode 5 was good so I'm still hanging in there.

I liked the Sam and Henry characters and am really glad Kathleen isn't sticking around. I hated that character and hate that character type, which seems to be popping up as the "alpha female" in a bunch of streaming original content. Whatever happened to Ellen Ripley and Zoe Washburne? Hollywood has shown it can make female kick ass characters when it wants to.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2023, 08:51:39 PM »
I fast forwarded through 90% of episode 7.

B.O.R.I.N.G. and I guess part 2 to episode 3.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2023, 07:04:21 AM »
I recorded 7, but didn't get a chance to watch it yet. Hopefully tonight.

Episode 6 I thought was OK, but once again it looks like they take a FANTASTIC actor, in this case Graham Greene, and give him a one off role. And not even nearly as big or eventful as Ron Swanson's role in episode 3.

Anyone recognize the old Native woman in the first part of episode 6? Elaine Miles, who played Marilyn Whirlwind in Northern Exposure.

I'm actually looking forward to Episode 7 because it looks like it's going to give more backstory on Ellie, but also on how FEDRA works, which will be interesting to see based on Episode 5 where apparently FEDRA in Kansas City was an out of control dictatorship.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2023, 08:41:50 AM »
I actually  liked episode 6, especially Joel's "I'm getting to old for this *expletive deleted*it" self-reflection.

Maybe I missed some FEDRA commentary between the two girls on their date that I fast forwarded through, but I literally only saw like two minutes of FEDRA at the beginning of episode 7, and it was all at the FEDRA military academy.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2023, 08:48:29 AM »
Well then I guess I'm not going to get the FEDRA background that I hoped to get.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2023, 08:50:17 AM »
Well then I guess I'm not going to get the FEDRA background that I hoped to get.

The two minutes does show a FEDRA that's the opposite of Kansas City FEDRA.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2023, 09:27:56 AM »
I still want to know why Bella Ramsey looks like an 80-year-old child...

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2023, 10:10:16 AM »
I still want to know why Bella Ramsey looks like an 80-year-old child...

She makes me think of Greta. She's going to save us all.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2023, 01:23:28 PM »
She makes me think of Greta. She's going to save us all.

Goddamn... You're right... she looks quite a bit like Greta!

Holy crap, that makes a lot of sense now, because I have also always felt that Greta looks like an 80-year-old child, I just never thought of Bella Ramsay that way...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2023, 06:55:55 PM »
And OK, that episode was not what I had either hoped it to be, or wanted it to be.

All we got out of it was Ellie lied to Joel when she told him that she went into the mall alone.

We also got to see Ellie's burgeoning lesbianism. 

Looks like that's what this series is going to be... men admitting that they're attracted to men (Bill and Frank) and women who are attracted to women (Ellie and Kristy...)

Maybe they should have renamed the series Awakenings...

Or Look at the Two of Us...

What next, Joel in a dress and prosthetic tits?

I like the premise of the show, but damn this is getting to be a bit preachy.

Next thing you know FEDRA will be the bad guy for preventing 6-year-old soldiers in training from transitioning to their preferred gender...

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2023, 06:57:47 PM »
Goddamn... You're right... she looks quite a bit like Greta!

Holy crap, that makes a lot of sense now, because I have also always felt that Greta looks like an 80-year-old child, I just never thought of Bella Ramsay that way...

Now you can't unsee it can you?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2023, 07:00:36 PM »
Now you can't unsee it can you?

Shaddup...

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2023, 11:42:25 AM »
And OK, that episode was not what I had either hoped it to be, or wanted it to be.

All we got out of it was Ellie lied to Joel when she told him that she went into the mall alone.

We also got to see Ellie's burgeoning lesbianism. 

Looks like that's what this series is going to be... men admitting that they're attracted to men (Bill and Frank) and women who are attracted to women (Ellie and Kristy...)

Maybe they should have renamed the series Awakenings...

Or Look at the Two of Us...

What next, Joel in a dress and prosthetic tits?

I like the premise of the show, but damn this is getting to be a bit preachy.

Next thing you know FEDRA will be the bad guy for preventing 6-year-old soldiers in training from transitioning to their preferred gender...

About that

The Last Of Us Cast LASH OUT At Viewers & LAUGH About Tricking Them Into Watching Woke Propaganda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVA-BCCpmXg

‘The Last Of Us’ Director Admits To Tricking Audiences To Push Gay Storylines And Propaganda
https://boundingintocomics.com/2023/02/27/the-last-of-us-director-admits-to-tricking-audiences-to-push-gay-storylines-and-propaganda/

In an interview with Inverse, regarding the third episode of the series, Hoar was asked how he approached directing actors Nick Offerman and Murray Bartlett throughout the episode.

As part of his answer, Hoar stated, “Sometimes you have to sort of trick the rest of the world into watching these things before they’re like, ‘Oh, my God, it was two guys. I just realized.’ I think then they might understand that it’s all real. It’s just the same love.”

The author of the above article makes it clear what they think about that.

It is not the same love. What the show and Hoar are trying to depict as love is anything but. What they are depicting is the sin of lust and sodomy.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 12:24:23 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2023, 11:47:36 AM »
And if you don't like it you're homophobic

But I do agree do with this
“Like Bella said when Episode 3 came out: If you don’t like it, don’t watch,” Reid told EW.

But guess who will get the blame if it falls in the ratings

‘The Last of Us’ actress Storm Reid has advice for homophobic viewers of the show
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/27/entertainment/storm-reid-last-of-us/index.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2023, 08:32:32 PM »
Okay, here's a question: If they want to make it a "We're gay, you'd better get used to it" show, then why did the leader of the bad guys, who tried to rape Ellie, need to be a man? Shouldn't that have been a woman leader trying to rape her?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2023, 07:42:09 AM »
Okay, here's a question: If they want to make it a "We're gay, you'd better get used to it" show, then why did the leader of the bad guys, who tried to rape Ellie, need to be a man? Shouldn't that have been a woman leader trying to rape her?

I've not see the episode yet, but you're displaying typical, narrow-minded cis normal white supremacy genderist thinking.

Obviously only a white penis person who strongly identifies as a penis person can be a rapist, because white penis people who identify as white penis people are EVIL! That they are portrayed as rapists is a social and societal truth!

Had Ellie been with a birth giver, it wouldn't have been an assault,it would have been an expression of ultimate love and the expansion of Ellie's world view.

Jesus... Not only are you white penis people socially retarded, you're violent sexists in your world views!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2023, 07:44:04 AM »
I'll probably continue to watch the show, but I have no problems ridiculing,or just ignoring, the semen-flavored Kool Aide they're trying to pedal.