Author Topic: Gun Control Watch  (Read 31298 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Gun Control Watch
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2023, 01:33:48 PM »
https://wisqars.cdc.gov/data/lcd/home

Suicide is way too high on the list. Because mean parents won't let Johnny be Jane, obviously.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JN01

• friend
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2023, 05:35:00 PM »
The data on child firearms deaths doesn't indicate how many were involved in criminal activity when killed.

I didn't see any figures for those killed by medical malpractice.

Or abortion.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2023, 05:48:32 PM »
I didn't see any figures for those killed by medical malpractice.

Or abortion.

There are more than a few little angels out there in need of 48th-64th trimester abortions.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2023, 06:46:43 PM »
Not perfect, but I appreciate it anytime an MSM outlet tries to provide accurate information. This is a TV news station out of North Dakota explaining that AR-15s are not assault weapons:

https://youtu.be/jAHW4aeBpuk
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2023, 07:08:14 PM »
Interesting video Ben.  Good find.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

JN01

• friend
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2023, 08:16:31 PM »
There are more than a few little angels out there in need of 48th-64th trimester abortions.

That's a fact.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2023, 07:29:44 AM »
Not perfect, but I appreciate it anytime an MSM outlet tries to provide accurate information. This is a TV news station out of North Dakota explaining that AR-15s are not assault weapons:

https://youtu.be/jAHW4aeBpuk

The AR has to be the most arcane of weapon systems. Every "explainer" is riddled with falsehoods.  :facepalm:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2023, 01:13:53 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2023, 01:21:15 PM »
Welcome to the club, Florida! We are now a majority!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-signature-tips-us-majority-constitutional-carry-nation-new-florida-gun-rights-law
I never, ever would have predicted that when I first got my permit.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2023, 04:09:30 PM »
I have heard the Florida law isn't true constitutional carry.  Anyone heard about that?

Still a big step forward.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2023, 04:17:46 PM »
I have heard the Florida law isn't true constitutional carry.  Anyone heard about that?

Still a big step forward.

People say that about a lot of the laws in a lot of states. I guess what level of regulation the constitutional really allows for is still up for debate. (I.e., does the 2A mean you can carry in a bar, or in a courtroom?)

That's why I prefer to use terms like "permitless" or "free carry." Those laws may not all be up to the real, constitutional standard, but at least they're a step in the right direction.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2023, 04:23:08 PM »
I saw the headline below and that reminded me.  It was permitless carry, not open carry.  It is still great to see.  I hope they can keep improving their gun laws.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2023/04/breaking-florida-becomes-the-26th-state-to-allow-permitless-carry/#ixzz7xqsrGm2M
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Florida Becomes the 26th State to Allow Permitless Carry

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2023, 05:07:59 PM »
I'm so confused. Shouldn't DeSantis have genocided-ed all the beautiful trans queers before he let them start carrying guns?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2023, 05:08:32 PM »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2023, 11:07:17 AM »
DeSantis signed the bill because he's afraid of the people! Totally standard dictator move, as history has shown us.  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/04/10/gun-grabbin-gavins-explanation-for-why-gov-desantis-is-scared-of-the-people-makes-no-sense/

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2023, 11:32:11 AM »
DeSantis signed the bill because he's afraid of the people! Totally standard dictator move, as history has shown us.  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/04/10/gun-grabbin-gavins-explanation-for-why-gov-desantis-is-scared-of-the-people-makes-no-sense/

When the people are afraid of the government you have tyranny.
When the government is afraid of the people you have liberty.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2023, 05:07:52 PM »
The NYT re-issues an editorial opinion on gun control:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/24/opinion/gun-death-health.html

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2023, 09:54:53 AM »
Governments murder far more people than criminals.  To reduce murder, we need to totally disarm all the governments in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democide

It's for the children.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2023, 10:43:14 AM »
Looking to sue Sig and Glock.

Note the "GLOCK ADMITS ITS GUN IS “DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONALS.”" bit

and this

The National Firearms Act of 1934 protected Americans by regulating the machine gun. A 1934 machine gun is no match for a 2015 Sig Sauer MCX, yet the MCX and similar military-style weapons are now used for mass slaughter in our elementary schools, our colleges, our churches, our restaurants our theaters and our nightspots. The MCX is perfectly and intentionally designed to quickly kill masses, and in that regard, the shooter gets exactly what he paid for.”

Lawyer Of Pulse Victim Claims Semi-Auto Rifles More Dangerous Than Machine Guns
https://bearingarms.com/bobowens-bearingarms/2016/06/30/lawyer-pulse-victim-claims-semi-auto-rifles-dangerous-machine-guns-n26079

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2023, 12:50:12 PM »
Looking to sue Sig and Glock.

Note the "GLOCK ADMITS ITS GUN IS “DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONALS.”" bit

and this

Lawyer Of Pulse Victim Claims Semi-Auto Rifles More Dangerous Than Machine Guns
https://bearingarms.com/bobowens-bearingarms/2016/06/30/lawyer-pulse-victim-claims-semi-auto-rifles-dangerous-machine-guns-n26079

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2023, 03:42:36 PM »
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2023, 02:13:46 PM »
ATI being sued using very similar language that was used in the Bushmaster and current Daniel Defense lawsuits.

The family of a man who died in a 2021 mass shooting at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis filed a lawsuit Thursday with two survivors against the magazine distributor, American Tactical Inc., alleging the company used reckless marketing tactics that targeted young men who are at risk for violent behavior, according to USA Today.

The lawsuit accuses American Tactical Inc. of failing as a distributor for providing violent people access to purchase a high-capacity magazine, USA Today reports, which would allow for the weapon to fire off a dozen rounds without reloading.

“American Tactical, Inc. is well aware that these magazines are instruments of mass killing and have no problem marketing them directly to people with horrific intentions,” said Gurinder Singh Bains, son of Jaswinder Singh who died in the FedEx shooting and a plaintiff in the case.

“This isn’t a hypothetical. My father is gone because they didn’t care they were enabling mass shooters. They must be held accountable not just for my father’s sake but everyone who may still suffer what my family and I have been forced to go through,” he said in an emailed statement.

Gun magazine distributor sued by survivors, victims in Indianapolis FedEx shooting
https://thehill.com/homenews/3950916-gun-magazine-distributor-indianapolis-fedex-shooting/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2023, 03:03:05 PM »
PAYWALL.  [barf]

You ain’t missing anything it’s just another Liberal citycuck calling for your rights to be further restricted. More background checks, background checks on ammunition, have to undergo a purchase permit process, putting gun wound photos on ammunition boxes, and other similar stupidity.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2023, 03:27:22 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2023, 03:42:26 PM »
You ain’t missing anything it’s just another Liberal citycuck calling for your rights to be further restricted. More background checks, background checks on ammunition, have to undergo a purchase permit process, putting gun wound photos on ammunition boxes, and other similar stupidity.

As expected as it IS the New Jerk Times.  ;)