Author Topic: Gun Control Watch  (Read 31404 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Gun Control Watch
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2023, 04:39:00 PM »
You ain’t missing anything it’s just another Liberal citycuck calling for your rights to be further restricted. More background checks, background checks on ammunition, have to undergo a purchase permit process, putting gun wound photos on ammunition boxes, and other similar stupidity.

They realize wound photos on the ammo boxen would be a selling point, right?

Right?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2023, 05:47:32 PM »
I reckon this fits here. BBC article on the AR-15. Apparently this Busse guy is a former firearms industry person who went antigun?

Ryan Busse was a top executive at a firearms company in the early 2000s. Back then, he said, AR-15s and other “tactical” military-style weapons were banished to the back halls of industry shows and only accessible to law enforcement and former military members.

I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy and that there has never been a "former military" exemption for scary guns. Yet BBC is quoting this "expert" stating just that. Where's that crazy lady that was supposed to be the fed.gov disinformation czar? Bueller?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/04/15/bbc-looks-at-how-the-ar-15-went-from-banished-to-americas-national-gun/
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65280361

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2023, 06:05:50 PM »
 :rofl:  Wasn't the AR on the civvy market even before the M16 became the general issue service rifle?

Plus this:

Meanwhile, advances in technology have accelerated the rifle's capabilities beyond those of the military's M-16, Mr Busse said, making it more deadly."

Ummmm, what? The article doesn't even try to explain this. Guess we might as well deregulate full-auto, then.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2023, 03:14:07 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2023, 05:25:35 PM »
Mass shooting stats compared:

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/mass-shootings-by-country

Does the United States have more mass shootings than other countries? It depends on the data.

Exactly how mass shootings in the U.S. compare to those in other countries is a highly disputed subject. In a widely publicized study originally released in 2015, the pro-gun nonprofit Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC) compared the annual number of mass shooting deaths per million people in the U.S. to that of Canada and several European countries from 2009 to 2015. The result? Norway led the world with 1.88 deaths per million, followed by Serbia, France, and Macedonia. Where did the U.S. rank? 11th place.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2023, 10:59:08 PM »
Safe storage of guns? How about safe storage of classified documents?

How about "safe storage" of convicted criminals?  ;/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2023, 11:01:55 PM »
How about "safe storage" of convicted criminals?  ;/

thats racist

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2023, 11:07:47 PM »
https://twitchy.com/aaronw-313234/2023/04/17/marianne-williamson-tries-stomping-on-the-2nd-amendment-steps-on-history-rake-instead/

The responses are really good. Scroll to the end.

Her tweet:
When the Founders wrote the Second Amendment, the largest guns they had were muskets.

The modern bullet had not yet been invented.

They could only shoot one bullet at a time.

Today’s assault weapon would be like the power of a cannon to them.

And the Founders never outlawed cannons, so...

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2023, 06:43:17 AM »
https://twitchy.com/aaronw-313234/2023/04/17/marianne-williamson-tries-stomping-on-the-2nd-amendment-steps-on-history-rake-instead/

The responses are really good. Scroll to the end.

Her tweet:
And the Founders never outlawed cannons, so...

By their logical the 1st A doesn't apply to ball point pens, typewriters, radio, TV, telephones, telegraphs, cells phones, the internet, cameras etc..... You can also throw in cars, airplanes, trains, powered ships as means of conveying messages.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 07:12:32 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2023, 09:38:01 AM »
This is your periodic reminder:

While it may be possible to outsmart the founders, anyone smart enough to do it is smart enough to not try, and anyone who wants to try isn't smart enough to do it.

I like this response.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2023, 01:49:21 PM »
thats racist

How so?  Crooks are crooks and like a mad dog, should be safely confined or destroyed.  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2023, 02:41:01 PM »
How so?  Crooks are crooks and like a mad dog, should be safely confined or destroyed.  :facepalm:

Are you white? Then everything you say is racist.

Are you non-white? Then nothing you say or do could ever be racist. Unless you disagree with left-wing neo-racism. Then you're the black face of white supremacy.

I thought we all understood that's how things work now.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

HankB

• friend
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2023, 07:48:10 AM »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2023, 03:56:50 PM »
Breaking News: IL AWB Blocked!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKffYuV0jZQ

I don't see any articles on this yet. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2023, 05:13:22 PM »
Breaking News: IL AWB Blocked!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKffYuV0jZQ

I don't see any articles on this yet.

Federal judge grants injunction against Illinois "assault weapons" and magazine ban
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/04/28/federal-judge-grants-injunction-against-illinois-assault-weapons-and-magazine-ban-n69989
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2023, 06:53:29 PM »
Federal judge grants injunction against Illinois "assault weapons" and magazine ban
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/04/28/federal-judge-grants-injunction-against-illinois-assault-weapons-and-magazine-ban-n69989

Federal District court judge, Stephen McGlynn granted a TEMPORARY injunction that is in effect statewide.  In his opinion, he holds the State's lackluster arguments up and shows their "misrepresentations".  He also opined that the plaintiffs (gun owners) have shown enough evidence that the likelihood of their eventual victory is enough to issue his order.  There will still have to be a trial but the various groups behind this suit have shown evidence of "irreparable harm" with no legal recourse.

Judge McGlynn also took the SA to task as he asked the SA about how long it takes to get a CCP and the SA admitted he didn't really know but that it wasn't as fast as it should be.  And the judge commented how he has been waiting for his since last September !
A well vetted federal judge and even he is getting screwed by IL-ANNOY.
  :facepalm:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2023, 07:26:15 PM »

Never mind

7th court of appeals put a stay on the injunction

Bad News! Illinois Assault Weapon & Magazine Ban Are Back In Effect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CArq2eqocfU

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2023, 11:43:22 PM »
Did NRA Just KILL Constitutional Carry In North Carolina?!
Guns & Gadgets 2nd Amendment News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpOpUjqV-eg

Since when has the NRA been a no-compromise group.  They stealing GOA slogans?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2023, 09:01:38 AM »
I really don't expect constitutional carry to go anywhere in NC, the NRA notwithstanding.  The county sheriffs make a pretty good chunk of change off the concealed carry process, and most of them are quite willing to issue permits in a timely fashion.  This keeps that income stream alive.
There are a couple of exceptions of course, like the sheriff of Mecklenburg county.  His department does a good job of dragging its feet and taking months to issue permits.  I suspect that's due to the lefty leanings of Charlotte.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2023, 09:30:22 AM »
When Oklahoma was going for constitutional carry the biggest opposition from the state was the loss of revenue from permit fees.  :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2023, 09:52:51 AM »
I really don't expect constitutional carry to go anywhere in NC, the NRA notwithstanding.  The county sheriffs make a pretty good chunk of change off the concealed carry process, and most of them are quite willing to issue permits in a timely fashion.  This keeps that income stream alive.

That was also the case in my state.  The sherrifs stalled it for years, not wanting to lose their slush funds.  We eventually won; so there is hope.