Author Topic: Gun Control Watch  (Read 31415 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Gun Control Watch
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2023, 10:23:27 AM »
EDIT: Also, an interesting comment I saw: The IRS took the 4473s for tax related reasons. Specifically for people with braced pistols who did not register them and get the tax stamp.

Interesting possibility.  Could be the feds are ginning up some cases to scare folks into complying with the new rules.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2023, 12:08:28 PM »
Not quite as tin foil hatty but could it be possible the 4473s were taken to cross reference to what he says he sold and what he paid taxes on? If he sold "x" number of guns ad his tax payments only support .75 of "x" it could be a way to lend credence to the governments accusation that he was evading taxes.

bob

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2023, 12:48:37 PM »
At the risk of breaking up a good conspiracy theory,  wouldn't the 4473's be useful for determining the type of weapon sold?

That could then be cross referenced with sales receipts to prove or disprove the correct federal excise tax was paid, which would concern the Revenuers.

I would have gone for the bound book(s), but the IRS might not be aware of the intricacies of gun dealing paperwork, and were told about 4473's by someone else.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2023, 01:14:47 PM »
At the risk of breaking up a good conspiracy theory,  wouldn't the 4473's be useful for determining the type of weapon sold?

That could then be cross referenced with sales receipts to prove or disprove the correct federal excise tax was paid, which would concern the Revenuers.

I would have gone for the bound book(s), but the IRS might not be aware of the intricacies of gun dealing paperwork, and were told about 4473's by someone else.

I'm willing to go the non-conspiracy route, but do not like the idea of the IRS getting involved in 4473s. Before you know it, the EPA will be asking for them so they can do searches for "guns that shoot lead bullets". The ATF making lists is bad enough.

Also, and it needs to be confirmed - if the IRS took ONLY 4473s, then what are they cross-referencing with?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2023, 04:29:55 PM »
I'm willing to go the non-conspiracy route, but do not like the idea of the IRS getting involved in 4473s. Before you know it, the EPA will be asking for them so they can do searches for "guns that shoot lead bullets". The ATF making lists is bad enough.

Also, and it needs to be confirmed - if the IRS took ONLY 4473s, then what are they cross-referencing with?

I assume the seller fills out some IRS form that says some version of "Isold x pistols for $zzz, and y rifles for $aaa, and my excise tax owed is $ccc" 

Probably quarterly?, when they pay payroll taxes and the like.

Also, just in case it's not explicit from my other posts, I agree I don't like the IRS involved.  The whole agency can get sucked into a portal to Hel  and I would rejoice.

I'm only pointing out that there's a pretty obvious reason the IRS might want to know how many and what kind of guns a place sold, and it's unlikely to be a prelude to door to door checks.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2023, 07:50:20 PM »
I assume the seller fills out some IRS form that says some version of "Isold x pistols for $zzz, and y rifles for $aaa, and my excise tax owed is $ccc" 

Probably quarterly?, when they pay payroll taxes and the like.

Also, just in case it's not explicit from my other posts, I agree I don't like the IRS involved.  The whole agency can get sucked into a portal to Hel  and I would rejoice.

I'm only pointing out that there's a pretty obvious reason the IRS might want to know how many and what kind of guns a place sold, and it's unlikely to be a prelude to door to door checks.
And here I thought excise taxes were collected upstream in the product chain - at the manufacturer level. I didn't know they were collected at the end of the sales chain and paid by the FFL.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2023, 08:11:16 PM »
That is what I was thinking.  I seem to remember paying that was one of the costs mentioned by a gun company that went out of business. 

I see Montana only has local sales tax.  Here in Texas, the state revenuers will react pretty quick if a business doesn't pay in the sales tax they collect. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2023, 09:38:29 PM »
There is hereby imposed upon the sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of the following articles a tax equivalent to the specified percent of the price for which so sold:

Articles taxable at 10 percent—
Pistols.
Revolvers.

Articles taxable at 11 percent—
Firearms (other than pistols and revolvers).
Shells, and cartridges.

(Aug. 16, 1954, ch. 736, 68A Stat. 490.)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2023, 09:36:39 PM »
More Biden on guns

The NRA passed a law that says you can't sue them.
The AR-15 is the cheapest gun to make
The 2A says there are certain weapons you can't own.

Biden tries to rewrite the Second Amendment (and U.S. history)
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/06/21/biden-tries-to-rewrite-the-second-amendment-and-u-s-history-n71770
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2023, 12:10:54 AM »
More Biden on guns

The NRA passed a law that says you can't sue them.
The AR-15 is the cheapest gun to make
The 2A says there are certain weapons you can't own.

Biden tries to rewrite the Second Amendment (and U.S. history)
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/06/21/biden-tries-to-rewrite-the-second-amendment-and-u-s-history-n71770

Well, what else would you expect from a "brain dead liar"?  ;/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2023, 11:02:59 PM »
In case anyone was considering voting for Robert Kennedy Jr.:

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2023, 11:05:41 PM »
"The NRA is a terror idiot group"

Fixed it for him
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2023, 04:12:15 PM »

You needed to use the "url" tags instead.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzVfqPtXoAYQC20?format=png&name=small
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2023, 07:09:15 PM »

Don't worry about it

“Anybody who tells you that they’re going to be able to reduce gun violence through gun control at this point I don’t think is being realistic,” Kennedy added.
Kennedy said that he would get behind a bipartisan assault weapons ban, which the overwhelming majority of Democrats support

RFK Jr: Gun control won't reduce gun violence... but let's ban "assault weapons" anyway
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2023/06/29/rfk-jr-gun-control-n72068
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2023, 10:26:04 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHKs33ObbYg
 BREAKING NEWS: ATF's Frame/Receiver Rule VACATED!!!
Guns & Gadgets 2nd Amendment News

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2023, 11:27:09 PM »
My bet is that in less than 72 hours the ATF will have a puppet judge issue an injunction against this ruling and the game starts another inning.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2023, 08:41:41 AM »
My bet is that in less than 72 hours the ATF will have a puppet judge issue an injunction against this ruling and the game starts another inning.
I believe they would have to go higher so at least a 3 judge panel at the court of appeals.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2023, 09:32:59 AM »
Our seemingly incoherent rulers have been letting the population arm up and get armed to the teeth before they declare war on the same group.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2023, 01:12:31 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMjw221ixpA
 This Is Good! Federal Judge DESTROYS ATF!

Guns and Gadgets talks about the language in the decision since the text is out now. 

https://assets.nationbuilder.com/firearmspolicycoalition/pages/6573/attachments/original/1688171832/VanDerStok_v_Garland_227_Opinion.pdf?1688171832

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2023, 11:15:14 PM »
Incredible !  Thanks for posting MechAg !  :rofl:  =D

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2023, 12:08:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHKs33ObbYg
 BREAKING NEWS: ATF's Frame/Receiver Rule VACATED!!!

And right on the heels of that and the Philly shooting that they're hinting involved a "ghost" gun.

According to the lawsuit, Polymer80 Inc. and JSD Supply intentionally undermine federal and state firearms laws by designing, manufacturing, selling and providing ghost gun kits and parts to buyers who do not undergo a background check. Claiming that their products are not firearms, these distributors sell ghost gun kits that are used to assemble a functioning firearm with household tools to Philadelphia customers without following applicable firearm regulations. Ghost gun kits are also widely available for purchase without background checks at gun shows frequently held a short drive from Philadelphia’s city limits.

City of Philadelphia Sues Primary Distributors of Ghost Guns, Polymer80, Inc. and JSD Supply
https://www.phila.gov/2023-07-05-city-of-philadelphia-sues-primary-distributors-of-ghost-guns-polymer80-inc-and-jsd-supply/
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2023, 09:51:31 PM »
And the Philly mayor is claiming that ghost guns can't be detected by a magnetometer.
Don't you love it when a politician shows his lack of knowledge and stupidity so blatantly?
  :rofl:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2023, 09:10:54 PM »
6 people are dead after a stabbing at a Chinese kindergarten
https://www.npr.org/2023/07/10/1186715800/6-people-are-dead-after-a-stabbing-at-a-chinese-kindergarten

A tragedy in China. A man there attacked a kindergarten, killing a teacher, two parents and three children. Police say the attacker is in custody, but they haven't released a motive yet for the killings.

Just a link to save as a reminder to gun grabbers.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2023, 07:04:52 AM »
Indianapolis going rouge
Mayor and the council are thumbing their noses at the state's preemption law. Be interesting to see if they try to enforce this.

The Indianapolis City-County Council passed a proposed gun control measure by a vote of 18 to five Monday evening.

Introduced by Mayor Joe Hogsett as part of his public safety plan, Proposal 156 was initially approved nine to four by the city's Public Safety and Criminal Justice Committee.

The ordinance increases the age required to purchase a gun in the city to 21 years old, bans "assault rifles" within city limits and mandates a license to carry.

Indianapolis city council votes in favor of banning 'assault' rifles, removing concealed carry
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/indianapolis-city-council-votes-favor-banning-assault-rifles-removing-concealed-carry

Looks like zero grandfathering

(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter or the Revised Code, it shall be unlawful in
Marion County to buy, sell, possess, display, carry, brandish, or discharge a semiautomatic assault weapon,
as that term is defined in the proposed federal Assault Weapons Ban of 2023 (S.25), Section 2(a), as
introduced in the United States Senate on January 23, 2023

CITY COUNTY COUNCIL PROPOSAL NO. 156, 2023
CITY OF INDIANAPOLIS-MARION COUNTY, INDIANA
https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/PROP23-156.pdf
- Calvin and Hobbes