Author Topic: Gun Control Watch  (Read 31362 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Gun Control Watch
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2023, 01:17:17 PM »
I’m sure their are “switch” devices for other pistols but Glocks are the only ones I have ever seen advertised or discussed
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2023, 02:00:36 PM »
I’m sure their are “switch” devices for other pistols but Glocks are the only ones I have ever seen advertised or discussed

Like what was stated above I've not seen similar "switches" for other makes but that doesn't mean they're not out there.

Apparently someone holds the patent.
IIRC switches were/are sold legally to those who could/can legally buy them but any out on the street are illegal copies mostly from China.

A patent for the Glock auto-sear was filed in 1996 and approved in 1998, with its invention credited to Jorge A. Leon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_switch
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2023, 02:23:28 PM »
The switches are 3d printable also.  It appears to be a trivial modification to make.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2023, 02:33:55 PM »
If you put a brace on it as well does it fire even faster?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2023, 07:34:36 AM »
The switches are 3d printable also.  It appears to be a trivial modification to make.

You can successfully 3d print the switch housing and push button,  the actual auto seat really should be metal for longevity.   From what I can gather, a full 3d printed Glock Switch is good for 10-15 mags, depending on the plastic.

I think most of these gang bangers are running the ones you could get of wish.com, or Alibaba.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2023, 08:09:33 AM »
We had a recent shootout between gangs where over 600 rounds were reportedly fired and from the video much of it appeared to be from Glocks with switches. Not a single person was hit. I have seen videos where they empty a auto glock into someone at bad breath range but anything beyond that they usually just spray the area with them.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2023, 08:59:25 AM »
I have fired a real Glock 18. To call it hard to control is a huge understatement.  Between a retardedly high rate of fire, and a significant portion of the mass of the firearm reciprocating it moves a lot and the muzzle climbs fast.

Even for mag dump drive-bys you'd be better off with a normal glock and harnessing your inner Miculek.

But I gather some street cred is garnered by having the switch.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 12:45:06 PM by dogmush »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2023, 09:32:35 AM »
And right on cue

NY Times Auto Sear Switch Story Reveals the Increasing Futility of Gun Control Laws in a 3D Printed World
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ny-times-auto-sear-switch-story-reveals-the-increasing-futility-of-gun-control-laws-in-a-3d-printed-world/

The full NYTs article.
Amazingly the article isn't the usual "we need more gun control" screech. I mean some sneaks in but it's low key.
Note:The NYTs actually thinks people wants to pay for their propaganda and I had to go into reader mode (F9) and refresh to read it. A couple of lines of code on their end could "fix" that but they seem to be too lazy. Why they don't do what everyone else does and put a couple of ads up if they want money is beyond me. Maybe they feel they're above that in which case screw them.

Growing in Popularity, Switch Devices Are Making Guns Deadlier
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/12/us/guns-switch-devices.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2023, 10:09:32 AM »
^^^^^
In one of the cases mentioned, a teenage gang banger shot up another teen causing life-altering injuries; sentenced to 10 years in jail, he could be out in 2.   :facepalm:

There's your problem right there.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2023, 10:20:47 AM »
^^^^^
In one of the cases mentioned, a teenage gang banger shot up another teen causing life-altering injuries; sentenced to 10 years in jail, he could be out in 2.   :facepalm:

There's your problem right there.

If not out already
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2023, 12:24:13 PM »
If not out already

While a guy who walked through the Capitol is doing 18.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2023, 09:45:54 AM »
Related to the above
How my mind works.
I just remembered someone is trying to get Glocks and pretty much all semi-autos classified as machine guns.

Gun control activist wants Glocks re-classified as machine guns
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/10/28/gun-control-activist-glocks-machine-guns-n63765
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 10:21:06 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2023, 01:17:25 PM »
Related to the above
How my mind works.
I just remembered someone is trying to get Glocks and pretty much all semi-autos classified as machine guns.

Gun control activist wants Glocks re-classified as machine guns
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/10/28/gun-control-activist-glocks-machine-guns-n63765

They are taking their cue from the way the ATF is "changing definitions".   >:D  :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Pb

• friend
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2023, 01:57:39 PM »
Glocks are readily convertible if you have the part.  You just replace the back plate. 

AR15's are similar as well, if you have a lighting link or similar device.

That is why these particular parts are classified as MGs, not the firearm itself.

Declaring all Glocks MGs doesn't make a lot sense.  Of course, the switch by itself isn't one either, rationally speaking.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2023, 02:07:36 PM »
Declaring all Glocks MGs doesn't make a lot sense.  Of course, the switch by itself isn't one either, rationally speaking.

"Rationally" does not apply when guns and the BATFE are involved.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #240 on: August 16, 2023, 01:53:50 PM »
More than likely not a snowball's chance in hell and political posturing on Newson's and the dems part but here it is.

Gavin Newsom
@GavinNewsom
NEW: CA has officially introduced a US Constitutional Amendment to end the gun violence epidemic in this nation.

The American people want action. Congress has refused. It’s up to states to step in.

The Right to Safety will enshrine 4 gun safety freedoms:

1) Raising the age to purchase a gun to 21

2) Universal background checks

3) A waiting period for gun purchases

4) Banning civilian purchases of assault weapons
https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/1691488230980620288

BREAKING NEWS: The 28th Amendment Process, To DESTROY the 2nd Amendment, Has Officially Begun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxNhOPpY9lk
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 02:11:29 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #241 on: August 16, 2023, 02:01:41 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2023, 06:04:12 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2023, 08:53:12 AM »

Federal court rules New Jersey can sue gun industry, for now
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-court-rules-new-jersey-can-sue-gun-industry-for-now

A three-judge panel on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously ruled that a legal challenge brought against the law by the National Sports Shooting Foundation (NSSF) was premature. Though the court acknowledged the law is somewhat vague about what conduct can trigger a lawsuit from the state, it nevertheless said the firearms industry "jumped the gun" by filing a legal challenge before demonstrating injury.

So you can't challenge a law it until it harms you?
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2023, 09:35:27 AM »

Federal court rules New Jersey can sue gun industry, for now
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal-court-rules-new-jersey-can-sue-gun-industry-for-now

So you can't challenge a law it until it harms you?

You must be new here.  It’s called “standing” and the absolute favorite tool of kicking out challengers to laws/precedent they like.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2023, 07:09:49 PM »
SC allows the Frame and Receiver rule to remain in effect while the trial continues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brznPgxezlM

I've seen some doom and gloom over this, but I don't think it's as bad as everyone is claiming.

We have 4 Justices that are happy to let the injunction stand, and are typically pro-2A Justices.  The question is about the other five.

Consider the complications if this rule is flipped on and off, and is a hot topic politically.  People will exploit the "loopholes" while the rule is bouncing between stricken and supported, and the ATF will have enormous problems enforcing the rule under such context.  All it takes is one out of the remaining five Justices to take such a pragmatic approach and we wind up with a 5-4 decision in our favor.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #246 on: August 25, 2023, 08:02:14 PM »
Ha ha - James Woods for the win.  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/25/james-woods-gun-grabber-n2386587

I would sell all my guns in a heartbeat, then turn around and buy twice as many and still have a bunch of dough left over for oodles of ammo.  =D

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2023, 09:19:43 PM »
Ha ha - James Woods for the win.  :rofl:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/25/james-woods-gun-grabber-n2386587

I would sell all my guns in a heartbeat, then turn around and buy twice as many and still have a bunch of dough left over for oodles of ammo.  =D

Another comment:
I’ve checked the government’s background and they didn’t pass.

I can’t in good conscience give them weapons.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2023, 09:22:59 PM »
Director of Bronx anti-gun violence org busted for drug trafficking scheme, gun possession
https://www.bxtimes.com/bronx-anti-gun-violence-drug-trafficking/

Orange County New York law enforcement officials announced the arrests of 15 people for an alleged interstate drug trafficking conspiracy on Tuesday. Said to be the main supplier of the drug network was 48-year-old Michael Rodriguez — a Yonkers resident and the director of the nonprofit Good Shepherd Services’ program Bronx Rises Against Gun Violence, known as B.R.A.G.
-------------
Hoovler said cops seized more than $165,000 in cash, two guns — one with a defaced serial number — and more than 1.5 kilos of cocaine along with other paraphernalia from Michael Rodriguez’s residence in the Getty Square section of Yonkers.

The DA noted that Michael Rodriguez’s line of work made his arrest a let down all the more.

“The very guy that we have that’s supposed to be stopping gun violence in one jurisdiction, in New York City, is poisoning our jurisdiction up here,” Hoovler said. “It’s kind of ironic that it’s ‘Bronx Rises Against Gun Violence’ — he had two guns.”
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2023, 09:25:25 PM »
Director of Bronx anti-gun violence org busted for drug trafficking scheme, gun possession
https://www.bxtimes.com/bronx-anti-gun-violence-drug-trafficking/

- Calvin and Hobbes