Author Topic: Gun Control Watch  (Read 31401 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Gun Control Watch
« Reply #300 on: September 13, 2023, 05:13:01 PM »
Fight!

UPDATE: US District Court Judge David Urias has issued a temporary restraining order blocking New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s “emergency public health order” that suspended Second Amendment carry rights for citizens in Bernalillo County and the city of Albuquerque.

Update: Judge Issues Temporary Restraing Order Blocking NM Gov. Grisham’s ‘Emergency’ Carry Ban
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/hearing-on-temporary-restaining-order-motions-to-block-new-mexico-2a-suspension-will-be-live-streamed/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2023, 12:44:07 AM »
And the judge is a Biden appointee.

Madam Governor nonetheless says she'll keep fighting to keep her ban in effect.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #302 on: September 14, 2023, 07:41:05 AM »
Update: New Mexico's Attorney General will NOT defend governor's order.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-mexico-attorney-general-wont-defend-governors-gun-order
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2023, 07:56:51 AM »
"my duty to uphold and defend the constitutional rights of every citizen takes precedence."

And he will be summarily ejected from the Democratic  Party for that Trumpist, Fascist stand.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #304 on: September 14, 2023, 09:39:54 AM »
I doubt he will be attacked.  Even the Biden appointed judge was forced to issue the injunction.  They all know the Gov stepped way too far.  The "elected Dictator" phase of the leftist revolution isn't actually here yet.  If only Hillary's election had been engineered as it was supposed to be we would have had a good leftist majority on the SC. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #305 on: September 14, 2023, 09:42:33 AM »
I doubt he will be attacked.  Even the Biden appointed judge was forced to issue the injunction.  They all know the Gov stepped way too far.  The "elected Dictator" phase of the leftist revolution isn't actually here yet.  If only Hillary's election had been engineered as it was supposed to be we would have had a good leftist majority on the SC.

As I said earlier she played their hand too soon that's why they're upset
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2023, 09:51:58 AM »

Oh, it won't be obviously. Far more subtle than that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2023, 10:27:47 AM »
Trial Balloon was released.  Results were observed.  Plan is proceeding.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2023, 10:53:36 AM »
This.  Shifting the Overton window.
Lots of anti-gun people were given the opportunity to look reasonable by comparison.  The next gun control push will be comparatively tame when positioned next to the new extreme.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #309 on: September 14, 2023, 11:58:17 AM »
Funny that.

Did You Notice That None of the Albuquerque Protestors Burned Anything or Shot Anyone?
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/did-you-notice-that-none-of-the-albuquerque-protestors-burned-anything-or-shot-anyone/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2023, 02:03:44 PM »
Fight!

Update: Judge Issues Temporary Restraing Order Blocking NM Gov. Grisham’s ‘Emergency’ Carry Ban
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/hearing-on-temporary-restaining-order-motions-to-block-new-mexico-2a-suspension-will-be-live-streamed/

She should have called Saul.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2023, 05:47:10 AM »
This.  Shifting the Overton window.
Lots of anti-gun people were given the opportunity to look reasonable by comparison.  The next gun control push will be comparatively tame when positioned next to the new extreme.

Note how the anti gunners that said she went too far used almost identical wording. The NPC message was released per the plan.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #312 on: September 15, 2023, 09:19:10 AM »
I keep thinking they are pushing boundaries and watching to see what it takes to trigger violence from normal people.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2023, 10:00:52 AM »
Note how the anti gunners that said she went too far used almost identical wording. The NPC message was released per the plan.

I certainly noticed.  Definitely made me think it was a trial balloon that they quickly realized was not a good move.  They turned up the heat too fast on the frog.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2023, 04:31:05 PM »
She's revised her order to only ban guns in parks and playgrounds.
I guess she think this gets around the judges ruling and she's doing everything she can think of to get her way and not admit defeat.

At a press conference on Friday morning, the governor said she was not calling a special session, but instead announced a revised order banning concealed carry in public parks and playgrounds while removing the blanket prohibition on open and concealed carry throughout the city and county.

New Mexico governor revises emergency order, this time banning guns in parks and playgrounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldOP2IKDNDc

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2023, 04:41:44 PM »
She's revised her order to only ban guns in parks and playgrounds.
I guess she think this gets around the judges ruling and she's doing everything she can think of to get her way and not admit defeat.

New Mexico governor revises emergency order, this time banning guns in parks and playgrounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldOP2IKDNDc

I wonder how that will tie into Federal areas?

https://www.nps.gov/state/nm/index.htm

No National Parks, per se, but lots of monuments and some Historical Parks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2023, 05:29:29 PM »
What idiots like her think happens in real life

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #318 on: September 15, 2023, 05:42:02 PM »
Meanwhile in CA

Full California: The Golden State Legislature Stacks Up Gun Control Bills as the Session Ends
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/full-california-the-golden-state-legislature-stacks-up-gun-control-bills-as-the-session-ends/

Senate Bill 241 passed out of the Assembly and is headed to the Senate. The bill requires California firearm retailers and their employees to undergo annual training courses which are implemented by the California Department of Justice (CalDOJ)

Assembly Bill 1406 passed both the Assembly and Senate and is heading to Gov. Newsom for signature. AB 1406 would expand the existing 10-day waiting period on the sale or transfer of a firearm to include a possible 30-day state waiting period.

Senate Bill 368
The bill adds additional requirements and red tape for firearm retailers to navigate should a person experiencing temporary mental health challenges decide to give their firearm to the dealer for storage.

Assembly Bill 1089 passed both the Assembly and Senate and is heading to Gov. Newsom’s desk for possible signature. AB 1089 prohibits anyone, including a gunsmith or hobbyist, from manufacturing a home-built firearm and requires those individuals to register as a state-licensed firearm manufacturer. Building firearms at home has been common since before the founding of the country.

Assembly Bill 28
Would impose an 11 percent excise tax on firearm retailers and manufacturers for all sales of guns or ammunition.

Senate Bill 2 creates a new arbitrary system and criteria for firearm permits making it immensely harder for citizens to obtain carry permits. This is Gov. Newsom’s response to the Bruen decision. Since he didn’t like the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision, he took the same tactic and sought legislation to make it nearly impossible to legally carry a firearm in California – even if an individual has a permit. The bill would make nearly every public place in California a “sensitive place” and deny law-abiding citizens from carrying a firearm.

While there are still only a handful of days remaining, the firearm industry is also watching to see if legislators move a California state Merchant Category Code (MCC) bill (AB 1587) to track individuals who make firearm purchases using a credit card, as well as a microstamping bill (SB 452) which would require the state to study the unworkable and flawed technology on new firearms in the state.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #320 on: September 20, 2023, 10:14:38 AM »
The Office of Gun Violence Prevention
Yeah...

Biden to create new office of gun violence prevention
    The move, long sought by gun-control groups, comes amid stalled progress on firearms legislation
    By Tyler Pager

President Biden on Friday will announce the creation of a new office for gun violence prevention, an escalation of the administration’s efforts to tackle the issue amid stalled progress in Congress, according to four people briefed on the action who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss plans that were not yet public.

Biden and Vice President Harris are scheduled to announce the new office at an event in the White House Rose Garden on Friday afternoon, the people said.

Greg Jackson, a gun violence survivor who is the executive director of the Community Justice Action Fund, and Rob Wilcox, the senior director for federal government affairs at Everytown for Gun Safety, are expected to have key roles in the office, the people said.

The new office will report up through Stefanie Feldman, the White House staff secretary and a longtime Biden policy aide who has worked on the firearms issue for years, the people said. Feldman previously worked on the Domestic Policy Council and still oversees the gun policy portfolio at the White House.

The White House, the Community Justice Action Fund and Everytown for Gun Safety all declined to comment.

Since Biden was elected, gun violence prevention groups have pressed the White House to create such an office, arguing that it would help coordinate efforts across the federal government to reduce gun violence. Activists say this type of office would also allow the White House to exert more leadership on the issue.

“If this announcement is, in fact, the creation of a single point of leadership on gun violence in the administration, it’s a very big deal for the movement,” Shannon Watts, the founder emerita of Moms Demand Action, a group working to stop gun violence, said in a statement after The Washington Post approached her with the news.

We furnish the means by which we suffer: Thomas Paine’s words come true in Biden’s new office
https://bearingarms.com/ranjit-singh/2023/09/20/we-furnish-the-means-by-which-we-suffer-thomas-paines-words-come-true-in-bidens-new-office-n75064

WHAT?! Biden To Announce NEW Office To Strip 2A Rights!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmEC-Zqrt1Q
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #321 on: September 22, 2023, 11:43:47 AM »
Joe is putting Kamala in charge
In other words we still have no idea who will actually be running this.

Biden's putting WHO in charge of his Office of Gun Violence Prevention?
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/09/22/biden-office-gun-violence-prevention-n75163

- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #322 on: September 22, 2023, 12:14:25 PM »
Joe is putting Kamala in charge
In other words we still have no idea who will actually be running this.

Biden's putting WHO in charge of his Office of Gun Violence Prevention?
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2023/09/22/biden-office-gun-violence-prevention-n75163

If she handles Gun Violencetm with the same aplomb she's handled the border, the ATF will be handing out Carl Gustavs by the election.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #323 on: September 22, 2023, 12:54:22 PM »
the ATF will be handing out Carl Gustavs by the election.

But only to illegal aliens, err... asylum seekers.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #324 on: September 22, 2023, 01:33:46 PM »
But only to illegal aliens, err... asylum seekers.

¿Qué? No entiendo. Sólo estoy aquí para disparar las armas que los estadounidenses no disparan.