Author Topic: Youtube Gun Video Censoring  (Read 1320 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Youtube Gun Video Censoring
« on: January 17, 2023, 08:06:25 PM »
Apparently Youtube is upping their game on gun censoring. Latest video from Mrgunsngear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxWnmHrFW3Y

Included reasons for "strikes":

Inserting a greater than 30 round mag into a gun.
Threading on a silencer

He shows a list that Youtube sent out of what is wrongthink content. Pretty much everything.

I found the timing interesting because my LGS very recently posted that they have been banned from instagram and are getting heavily censored on facebook. They are going old fashioned and have started a blog at the store website to post the stuff they were posting on the social media platforms. Which was pretty much just new items coming into the shop.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Youtube Gun Video Censoring
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 08:11:30 PM »
Not the only one

Here's Kit Badger

2 Strikes, 3 and Your'e Out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ugiMHPc138
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 09:26:39 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTcq4UCTZ-Y

Steven Crowder on the new contract requirements:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 02:29:33 PM »
AK Operators Union, Local 47-74

You can get a strike for showing how to mount a scope on an AK and merely inserting a mag as well.

BAD NEWS! No AK Videos for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syv5GpxydqQ
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 03:23:53 PM »
Military Arms Channel:

https://youtu.be/ubtVs_rD7cI
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 05:19:21 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTcq4UCTZ-Y

Steven Crowder on the new contract requirements:
That has turned into a little war all of a sudden.  Crowder is supposed to be on Tim Pool's show Monday night. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 08:27:39 AM »
OK, so we know YouTube is censoring "non woke" content, including conservative political candidates and information about legal firearms use.

Which begs the question - what OTHER information are they manipulating?

We tend to focus on the media (a category that IMHO includes YouTube) manipulation of firearms topics, but I'm quite sure that's not the only manipulation they're engaged in - some subtle, some more overt. (This applies to the legacy media as well.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 12:02:42 PM »
Guess he got that third strike

InRangeTV
28 minutes ago
It appears that Kit Badger has been blasted off YouTube for the offense of installing a suppressor on camera. 
His channel is gone.
Kit Badger has attended a number of Brutality events and he's a great guy that does not deserve this. 
Please consider supporting him view Utreon:
https://utreon.com/c/KitBadger/
Or Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/KitBadger
https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx81x8-1mTicCWamqEU2nlvVsBrWKIM1em
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 12:11:49 PM »
Which begs the question - what OTHER information are they manipulating?

A LOT.

Not too long ago, I posted a comment to a Warrior Poet Society youtube video. It was removed, and I'm sure it wasn't John removing it since I supported his point. I start gazoogling about gazoogle censorship, and really went down a rabbit hole that showed how pre-Elon twitter was a wannabe failure at censorship and manipulation compared to Google. They are the master.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 10:03:16 PM »
During the election I got tired of posting "The Fix is in," so I quit doing that.

Maybe I should start again.

The Fix is in.

Terry, 230RN

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 10:47:46 PM »
I’m seriously starting to think we (non-woketards) should just abandon YouTube altogether and use platforms like Rumble.  I’d really miss a ton of woodworking, sawmilling and other non-wrongthink topics.  But maybe if we recommend those channels to ALSO publish on Rumble maybe over time they’ll take over from YouTube.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2023, 09:45:48 AM »
I’m seriously starting to think we (non-woketards) should just abandon YouTube altogether and use platforms like Rumble.  I’d really miss a ton of woodworking, sawmilling and other non-wrongthink topics.  But maybe if we recommend those channels to ALSO publish on Rumble maybe over time they’ll take over from YouTube.

I think getting YouTubers to also go to Rumble (even if they are still on YT) would be the key. They (YouTubers) could really make something out of Rumble, if they sold it as the place where their audience can see things not allowed on YT.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 01:20:28 PM »
Yeah, there is Rumble, Utreon, Locals, Full30, Floatplane, and I’m sure other competitors. Most viewers (myself included) don’t want to go to a dozen different sites to watch stuff. That is the strength of YouTube.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2023, 01:28:11 PM »
I think rumble and locals have merged/are merging.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2023, 01:56:28 PM »
I thought Locals was going to remain its own thing under Rumble’s ownership. Essentially be the subscription version of Rumble or something.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2023, 02:42:13 PM »
I've had a couple of YT comments stricken over the years. No reason given, or knowledge of whether it was the channel creator or YT's algo-censoring. They just disappeared.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2023, 02:49:36 PM »
IIRC, Musk recently made a comment that Twitter had had so many requests from the gov to suppress info they had to set up a triage to prioritize them.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2023, 03:19:23 PM »
Yeah, there is Rumble, Utreon, Locals, Full30, Floatplane, and I’m sure other competitors. Most viewers (myself included) don’t want to go to a dozen different sites to watch stuff. That is the strength of YouTube.
The most reliable platforms I have used are Rumble and Odysee.  I didn't really like Rumble up until recently, but they have made some basic improvements that just made it easier to use.  Now I almost like it best.

In the last year, I have seen more youtubers I follow mirroring their content on Rumble or other sites.  I try to use the alternative site as much as I can.  I find it a bit frustrating that some guntubers complain about Youtube censoring and monetization but continue to share the youtube link on other sites rather than links to alternative sites.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2023, 03:24:32 PM »
IMO, youtube will continue to chase people away from their site for one reason or another and more and more people will pick up alternative platforms as a normal app to use. 

I think Salty Cracker and Nick Rekieta are both getting higher view numbers on Rumble than Youtube. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2023, 06:18:03 PM »
God Family and Guns pretty calling it quits on YT

CRITICAL UPDATE: This Is The End Of God Family And Guns As We Know It! GFG subscribers PLEASE WATCH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3edcaSQSEg
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2023, 06:32:40 PM »
IMO, youtube will continue to chase people away from their site for one reason or another and more and more people will pick up alternative platforms as a normal app to use. 

Yep. Really, I guess what we want is for youtubz to double down on their censorship and bans to create a tipping point where enough people feel it's now worth the hassle to move.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2023, 09:02:21 AM »
Looks like YouTube is applying its new anti-gun policies retroactively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7llaa9NNeJo&list=RDCMUC9bjo5eRXXKUN-UXeJxctOg&start_radio=1

This fellow (channel is Texas Gun Vault) got his second strike for a video he posted a couple of years ago - he claims YouTube changed its policies and has been going through old videos to see if they comply with the new policies - if they don't, the poster gets a strike.

You'd think with the controversy regarding censoring revelations at pre-Elon Twitter, YouTube would be a little more circumspect, but no - they're so utterly arrogant they're going full woketard with an "in your face - up yours" attitude.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2023, 01:40:29 PM »
ClassicFirearms
ClassicFirearms
1 hour ago
Hanging on with two strikes currently. I imagine the third will be here any second.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2023, 01:48:05 PM »
Forgotten Weapons
Forgotten Weapons
1 hour ago
Please pass this along to anyone you know running a gun-related YouTube channel who has gotten a channel strike in that past couple weeks! Stephen Gutowski is a really good reporter covering the firearms community (he runs TheReload.com), and he is talking to YouTube about what is going on with their new mystery rules. But, he needs specific examples to ask about. If you PERSONALLY have gotten a channel strike for a video over attaching a silencer or inserting a magazine, please reach out to him with a copy of the YouTube notification email at gutowski@thereload.com . YouTube won't talk to us, but maybe they will talk to him...
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2023, 03:10:38 PM »
Looks like YouTube is applying its new anti-gun policies retroactively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7llaa9NNeJo&list=RDCMUC9bjo5eRXXKUN-UXeJxctOg&start_radio=1

This fellow (channel is Texas Gun Vault) got his second strike for a video he posted a couple of years ago - he claims YouTube changed its policies and has been going through old videos to see if they comply with the new policies - if they don't, the poster gets a strike.

You'd think with the controversy regarding censoring revelations at pre-Elon Twitter, YouTube would be a little more circumspect, but no - they're so utterly arrogant they're going full woketard with an "in your face - up yours" attitude.
AK Operators Union is now posting to Rumble.  He posted a video a few days ago saying he was in the process of migrating his videos to Rumble. 

Military Arms Channel has been posting more sarcastic videos with frowny faces blocking view of magazine changes and such.