Author Topic: Gave my Windows password to IT. What's the worst that could happen?  (Read 195 times)

zahc

• friend
My laptop crashed at work and they are supposed to send me a new one. They said they had to have my password to setup the new one. Now that I think about it, I'm trying to figure out how dangerous this might be. Should I change my Google password or anything else? They don't have my old laptop.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: Gave my Windows password to IT. What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 09:05:15 PM »
What all do you use that password for?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 09:17:41 PM »
I only use it for my work laptop.

I do use my work laptop for banking and surfing websites which may or may not be problematic. But I think they won't be able to log into Google to get my passwords or see my chrome history. I think.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 07:27:25 AM »
I was issued a work laptop when I first started with the company.

I used it for awhile due to the hybrid work environment.

Then, when I was finally able to transition to the SCIF full time, I no longer needed it.

I've not even turned it on in over a year.

I need to bring it in and turn it in and tell them I don't want another one at this time as it's just taking up space.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.