Author Topic: Greta Thunberg Arrested!  (Read 535 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Greta Thunberg Arrested!
« on: January 18, 2023, 10:09:20 AM »
Not.

Watch the video. You would think there would be fallout for the cops who participated.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/01/18/people-have-questions-about-the-arrest-of-greta-thunberg-in-germany/

Also, this is the more enlightening video to watch:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1615486644903346176
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: Greta Thunberg Arrested!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 10:14:01 AM »
From the article:

The local Aachen police force said Ms Thunberg was part of a group of protesters that “stormed” towards the edge of the open-cast mine, described by officers as “steep and extremely dangerous”.

This would seem to be a self correcting problem if the Police just waited a bit.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 10:29:04 AM »
Not.

Watch the video. You would think there would be fallout for the cops who participated.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/01/18/people-have-questions-about-the-arrest-of-greta-thunberg-in-germany/

Also, this is the more enlightening video to watch:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1615486644903346176
I would have more respect for Greta if she would visit and publicize those African mines.  Highlight some of the stuff going on outside first world nations. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 10:32:01 AM »
I would have more respect for Greta if she would visit and publicize those African mines.  Highlight some of the stuff going on outside first world nations.

No money in it
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 10:34:54 AM »
It's hard for puny little welterweight 140 lb Tom Truth to beat the 210 lb heavyweight Harry Hype.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2023, 10:59:49 AM »

+1. She would actually be "doing something" then.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 11:23:07 AM »
The dumb bitch is the reason Germany is having to fire up the coal plants in the first place.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2023, 11:27:07 AM »
To be fair, Greta is a symptom not the disease.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 11:45:44 AM »
I wonder why the hell lefties so frequently seem to choose mentally ill people as leaders - poor Ms Thunberg is austistic (there's some debate as to where she is on the autism spectrum), John Fetterman, a brain-damaged stroke victim, was elected to the Senate, Congressman Hank Johnson is so smart he thought Guam could capsize if it became overly populated, and of course the current POTUS was elected despite showing obvious signs of dementia, which have only worsened since he took office. 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 12:19:57 PM »
I wonder why the hell lefties so frequently seem to choose mentally ill people as leaders - poor Ms Thunberg is austistic (there's some debate as to where she is on the autism spectrum), John Fetterman, a brain-damaged stroke victim, was elected to the Senate, Congressman Hank Johnson is so smart he thought Guam could capsize if it became overly populated, and of course the current POTUS was elected despite showing obvious signs of dementia, which have only worsened since he took office.
Because people who don't want to be in the spotlight like figure heads who will do as they are told. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 01:16:26 PM »

I can't help but think it's a consequence of the postmodern Left's hostility to reason.

That, and if corporate media lets you get away with whatever, and keeps voters in abject fear of the bogiemen in the other party...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 02:33:05 PM »
It is also tied in with some people/groups using media and such to drive public opinion the way they want.  That includes sponsoring or creating non-profit groups and picking who leads those groups.  Given out tax code, they can do that and get a tax break.