Author Topic: New Tisas 1911 is sexy!  (Read 1859 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
New Tisas 1911 is sexy!
« on: January 18, 2023, 08:17:01 PM »
Couldn’t pass up a Tisas full size 1911 from Classic Firearms for $339 so I had to get one.  Rumor has it their fine pistols for the price.  So I grabbed the 1911 Duty and just picked it up today.  Gotta say, the finish is sexy and everything looks great.  Trigger feels great out of the box as well.  Can’t wait to get some range time with it. 

Here’s some eye candy.

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: New Tisas 1911 is sexy!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 08:17:41 PM »

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 08:39:03 PM »
That looks really good.   

I saw some of those models for sale and was tempted.  If nothing else, it has standard sights which are much easier to upgrade compared to the 1911-A1 model. 

Let us know how it shoots and how it feeds hollow points. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 10:55:17 PM »
I've got the "Carry" commander size version of that in 9mm.
I'm pretty impressed with it so far.
The sights are described as "Novak style".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 11:33:40 PM »
This https://tisasusa.com/tisas-1911-a1-regulator-9/38/ please, only in a brushed SS or a Parkerized or even a Blued version!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 11:39:48 PM »
This https://tisasusa.com/tisas-1911-a1-regulator-9/38/ please, only in a brushed SS or a Parkerized or even a Blued version!

I dunno what they're thinking with that Regulator. For that kind of money, I want a beavertail grip safety with palm swell and a short (or at least medium) trigger. And some decent sights.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2023, 05:42:17 AM »
Really wish they would pop one in .38 Super.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2023, 06:40:08 AM »
Really wish they would pop one in .38 Super.

The one HeroHog posted is .38 Super.  They have a Hard Chrome Commander sized in .38 Super as well.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2023, 07:01:09 AM »
The one HeroHog posted is .38 Super.  They have a Hard Chrome Commander sized in .38 Super as well.

Hard chrome super shiny slappy cappy Pimperator pistol?

Thanks. No *expletive deleted*ing thanks. Huggy Bear went out with the 1970s.

My disgust with hard chrome is right up there with Patton's hatred for pearl grips.

When I said I wished they would pop one in .38 Super, I meant the EXACT same one that Lenny bought. Same configuration, same finish.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 08:56:12 AM »
Hard chrome super shiny slappy cappy Pimperator pistol?

Thanks. No *expletive deleted*ing thanks. Huggy Bear went out with the 1970s.

My disgust with hard chrome is right up there with Patton's hatred for pearl grips.

When I said I wished they would pop one in .38 Super, I meant the EXACT same one that Lenny bought. Same configuration, same finish.
Always finding a reason to say "no".   =)

Armscor / Rock Island shows one on their site, but I don't think it looks as good as Lennyjoe's. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 11:07:09 AM »
I think it’s just the black cerekote that just makes it look “different “ than other 1911’s.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2023, 11:18:03 AM »
"Always finding a reason to say "no".   =)"

Say no to shiny silver pistols?

Hell yeah I'll say no to those.

I have one stainless steel handgun -- my S&W 4506. It's matte stainless.

I don't even have any stainless revolvers.

I had one nickel plated S&W Model 36 years ago, but I ended up selling it to a friend's father because I just couldn't get past that shiny, soulless gleem.

It was not unlike looking into the dull, lifeless eyes of a hard-core liberal.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2023, 04:55:02 PM »
I have seen nickel plated guns, but I don't think I have every owned one. 

I do have a few shiny stainless revolvers that look good.  However, a really good condition blued revolver better. 

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2023, 06:37:45 PM »
I had a nickel plated Browning Hi-Power and like an idiot I traded it….

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2023, 06:42:11 PM »
I've got a stainless S&W Mdl 60. Works well for what I use that gun for.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2023, 06:46:55 PM »
I have a satin nickel 70 Series Combat Commander that I got for a song many moons ago from a friend that used to jump in and out of the gun hobby like a Mexican jumping bean.

I also have two satin stainless Delta Elites (One of them again for a song again from the same guy).

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2023, 06:49:23 PM »
I do have a 1911 with a SS frame.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2023, 09:07:56 PM »
Terri has an S&W .38spl in Nickle finish. Tiny little revolver.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2023, 07:25:34 AM »
I've thought about getting a Rock Island, but I've heard that the Tisas are nicer overall.

What I REALLY want, however, is one of the S&W M&P 2s in .38 Super. I wrote them and asked them if one was going to be forthcoming, but they didn't envision it.

Bastards.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2023, 07:28:37 AM »
Yeah, stainless/nickel handguns just don't look right.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2023, 07:45:21 AM »
Yeah, stainless/nickel handguns just don't look right.

Hate glossy stainless but I like a well done matte stainless
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2023, 07:48:33 AM »
Hate glossy stainless but I like a well done matte stainless

Same. I don't like the look of shiny stainless, or even that satin nickel 1911 I posted, but the satin stainless on my Delta Elites is actually pretty sharp looking, IMO.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2023, 09:23:53 AM »
I've thought about getting a Rock Island, but I've heard that the Tisas are nicer overall.

What I REALLY want, however, is one of the S&W M&P 2s in .38 Super. I wrote them and asked them if one was going to be forthcoming, but they didn't envision it.

Bastards.

I'm a fan of Rock Island 1911s, I've got 3 of them. But after buying and shooting my 9mm Tisas, my bias is shifting a little. If I was looking for a new budget pistol and the choice was between a similarly configured and priced  RIA and a Tisas, I'd probably get the Tisas.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2023, 11:48:09 AM »
The Battleship Texas Foundation has this commemorative Colt Python for sale with engraving.  Shiny stainless looks good in a package like this.  Shoots good also.   =)

https://battleshiptexas.org/donate/