Author Topic: The Orville!  (Read 741 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
The Orville!
« on: November 12, 2021, 01:54:27 PM »
It's coming back for season 3! 10 March 2022!

YES!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: The Orville!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 02:11:52 PM »
I never saw season 1.  (looked for it, couldn't find it)  I liked season 2, although the captain reminded me too much of Brian from "Family Guy" :D
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 03:08:37 PM »
Which pay streaming service that I don't have is it on this season?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

robear

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 04:17:30 PM »
Which pay streaming service that I don't have is it on this season?

Hulu

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 04:32:57 PM »
MacFarlane already has some "space creds".  He was in 2 episodes of the Star Trek spinoff, "Enterprise" in '04 & '05.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 06:41:26 PM »
And the Family Guy Star Wars.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 11:37:07 PM »
I just found out that my cable package at Spectrum includes Disney+.  I watched the first season and a half of The Orville and enjoyed it, but started at about episode 3 and for reasons that I can't remember wasn't able to go back and stream the ones I missed.  Not sure what happened season 2, but somehow lost access to it.  I just watched S1 E1 for the first time.  Will binge watch it until I hit one that I remember (which should be soon) then watch them maybe 1 a day until I catch up.

I really hope this is really included for free and is not just an introductory period and then they start trying to charge me $10 a month.  But the agreement sure looks like it's included for real.  (it ought to be, as much as I'm paying for cable and Internet.  also VOIP but that's cheap)

It's almost distracting how much Ed sounds like Brian from Family Guy 😂
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 07:53:28 AM »
I was ambivalent about The Oroville in seasons 1&2. It was okay as something to watch if I had nothing else going on. Typical McFarland woke crap, but at "early Family Guy" levels, so it wasn't too hard to ignore it. I watched episode 1 of Season 3 and that was it for me. He went full "Family Guy after Trump won" for season 3. This show is dead to me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 08:24:11 AM »
I REALLY enjoyed seasons 1 and 2. I was quite bummed when they got rid of Halston Sage, though. She was, and is, SMOKING HAWT.

Season 3 was, however, a woke festival of monumental proportions. Jesus wept the virtue signaling was horrendous. But, I still watched it and still enjoyed some of the story lines.

If there's a season 4, I'll watch it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2024, 09:22:11 AM »
I REALLY enjoyed seasons 1 and 2. I was quite bummed when they got rid of Halston Sage, though. She was, and is, SMOKING HAWT.

Season 3 was, however, a woke festival of monumental proportions. Jesus wept the virtue signaling was horrendous. But, I still watched it and still enjoyed some of the story lines.

Now that my cable provider has included Disney+ streaming, I was able to watch Season 3. I agree with the above - it moved full-tilt to the left, to the point where the wokeness detracted from the show in a very material way. But I still watched it, since about half was OK. (I used the fast-forward function a couple of times to skip the balance of the more unseemly episodes.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 11:07:31 AM »
"(I used the fast-forward function a couple of times to skip the balance of the more unseemly episodes.)"

OH MY GOD! CISNORMAL *expletive deleted*it LORD WHITE PATRIMONY FASCIST VIOLENCE!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2024, 02:13:21 PM »

OH MY GOD! CISNORMAL *expletive deleted*it LORD WHITE PATRIMONY FASCIST VIOLENCE!
You forgot PRIVILEGED, SUPREMACIST, TRANSPHOBIC, and COLONIZER. I'd suggest working in NAZI as well, but that's nearly passé these days.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2024, 02:14:23 PM »
Yeah, yeah, my rage was raging so much rage that my fingers were getting tied in knots.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2024, 01:42:02 PM »

Agree with you about Sage.
I have only watched Season 1 when it was a broadcast show.  I'm on Dish and it doesn't carry those at a price I can afford.  Nor can I "stream" as I'm too far out for decent bandwidth.  With my AT&T DSL, I'm lucky to get 1 mbps download.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2024, 01:55:21 PM »
Agree with you about Sage.
I have only watched Season 1 when it was a broadcast show.  I'm on Dish and it doesn't carry those at a price I can afford.  Nor can I "stream" as I'm too far out for decent bandwidth.  With my AT&T DSL, I'm lucky to get 1 mbps download.

Starlink
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2024, 02:55:28 PM »
Starlink

Is that the one that Musk is behind?  I already have problems in rainy or snowy weather with the Dish losing the signal.  Would Starlink be any different?
And, do you have a link so I can find prices?  Just putting "Starlink" in DDG didn't help.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2024, 03:00:29 PM »
Is that the one that Musk is behind?  I already have problems in rainy or snowy weather with the Dish losing the signal.  Would Starlink be any different?
And, do you have a link so I can find prices?  Just putting "Starlink" in DDG didn't help.

Yep, Musk

IIRC some here already have it and they should be able to answer questions better than I since I don't have it.
We had a thread around here somewhere. You should ask there.

Here it is https://armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=68325.msg1396667#msg1396667
Oh and another https://armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=64508.msg1305446#msg1305446
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2024, 03:49:29 PM »
Thanks WLJ.
There must have been some upgrade to DDG as this time I got some information about Starlink that it didn't give me last year.  I remember that first link and that was the last time I checked about Starlink.
This time, I got base residential prices and they are as "astronomical" as those orbits !  They want $120/mth. for service and $600 for the damned equipment !!!
Because of my lower income, the DSL, bad as it is, is only costing me $5/mth.
There is another company that just put fiber through our front yards last fall - i3 Broadband.  It isn't active yet so they don't have pricing or speed specs available.  While I realize that it will be more expensive than the DSL, considering that my only other option at this time is Spectrum ( [barf]  :facepalm: ), I'm waiting to see what they offer to compete against Spectrum.
  [popcorn]

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2024, 11:16:22 PM »
I'm about halfway thru season 3.  Damn, they are covering some hard topics!  I hope there are some farces to come.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 11:51:06 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."