Author Topic: ATF SWAT Raid That Killed Arkansas Man Stinks Of Excessive Force By Rogue Agency  (Read 187 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2024/03/atf-swat-raid-that-killed-arkansas-man-stinks-of-excessive-force-by-rogue-agency/#ixzz8VDgzyD6Q
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

ATF SWAT Raid That Killed Arkansas Man Stinks Of Excessive Force By Rogue Agency

I saw this story yesterday.  ATF raided a man's house at 6 AM.  Ended up shooting him in the head.  Heard news this morning he passed away.  It is unclear how or why he was shot and Feds don't carry body cams I guess.  Odd part is this guy was the Execute Director of a local airport and not your typical criminal. 

Guns & Gadgets on Youtube had a video out this morning where he read out the search warrant.  If the information from the warrant is correct, the guy was doing some odd straw purchase activity over the last few years.  Buying AR pistols and other guns on gunbroker, transferring them at a local dealer, then selling them as a gun show as a private seller sometimes very soon after buying them.  Odd behavior if true.  I think someone mentioned selling a new Glock 45 for $400. 

Main criticism for the ATF is there were likely a dozen ways they could have made the arrest and search without a high power no-knock raid.  They knew where he worked, had a tracker on his car, and had already set up straw purchases.  They could have just waited for him to come out to go to work.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Main criticism for the ATF is there were likely a dozen ways they could have made the arrest and search without a high power no-knock raid.  They knew where he worked, had a tracker on his car, and had already set up straw purchases.  They could have just waited for him to come out to go to work.

I was just reading an article on that and yeah the guy was more than likely up to no good, legal wise, but they definitely could have handled the arrest differently
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Shades of Waco and Ruby Ridge.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend

Brad

Body count is too low and no mainstream coverage past the initial blurb. ;)

bob

MechAg94

• friend

Brad
I would say it was shades of typical ATF thuggery.  However, it seems that FBI does the same sort of thing. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Too early to call it Arkancide? I want to know what senators he met with last week and the subject.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Obviously it's more fun banging down someone's door with a warrant issued by some compliant rubber-stamp judge than just picking up someone off the street.

"But what if they flush the evidence down the toilet?"

I don't know of any toilets that can be flushed by remote control from the street.  Is there a smartphone app for that?  :rofl: Besides, it's hard to flush either guns or paper evidence down the tubes, remotely or otherwise.