Author Topic: To service and protect...  (Read 3039 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
To service and protect...
« on: January 21, 2023, 01:19:16 AM »
 In case you're like me, and wondered what the police girl memes were about...

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/what-police-girl-meme-maegan-hall-social-media-trend-explained

Girl cop was getting busy with half the department.

The sheer volume of concupisence in the department is perhaps easier to explain or defend than their hiring a cop who looks like she's still driving on a learner's permit, and is probably picked by the other cheerleaders to be at the top of the pyramid.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: To service and protect...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 02:46:52 AM »
She's not even particularly attractive. Certainly not worth flushing a career for.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 07:47:46 AM »
Nah, not particularly attractive, but not altogether unattractive, either.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 10:31:12 AM »
Maybe she's got skills to make up for it.  An outgoing personality.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 10:45:29 AM »
In case you're like me, and wondered what the police girl memes were about...

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-culture/what-police-girl-meme-maegan-hall-social-media-trend-explained

Girl cop was getting busy with half the department.

The sheer volume of concupisence in the department is perhaps easier to explain or defend than their hiring a cop who looks like she's still driving on a learner's permit, and is probably picked by the other cheerleaders to be at the top of the pyramid.

You misspelled "concupiscence."

Protein likes to rub against protein.  Badges are a secondary issue.

Maybe she's got skills to make up for it.  An outgoing personality.

There ya go.  Plan J.  Comes after Plan B.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 11:36:05 AM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 12:48:39 AM »
You misspelled "concupiscence."

Protein likes to rub against protein.  Badges are a secondary issue.

Yeah, it's giving her a badge I don't understand.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 04:12:03 AM »
Badges or belts, it doesn't matter.  Protein likes to rub against protein.

Yeah, it's giving her a badge I don't understand.

? ? ?

I would assume she got the badge first and then started the alleged concupiscent activity.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 10:03:30 AM »
Comment on YT

She took "F... the police" quite literally...
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 10:09:53 AM »
Reportedly her escapades included the wife of one officer
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2023, 10:25:37 AM »
Nah, not particularly attractive, but not altogether unattractive, either.

Has never cease to amaze me how quickly some guys will drop their pants if a woman, any woman, comes on to them
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 10:45:11 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2023, 10:42:04 AM »
Has never ceases to amaze me how quickly some guys will drop their pants if a woman, any woman, comes on to them

It's fundamental:

"Protein likes to rub against other protein."

As one of my profs used to say, "The purpose of life is to maximize pleasure, minimize pain, and increase DNA."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2023, 05:08:04 PM »
Badges or belts, it doesn't matter.  Protein likes to rub against protein.

? ? ?

I would assume she got the badge first and then started the alleged concupiscent activity.

I mean, she looks to me like a petite 15-year-old. Unless you're just trying to fill a quota, why hire her as a police officer?

Then again, I guess it's pretty hard to find cops to hire these days. Or maybe she slept her way into the job, to begin with.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2023, 05:28:45 PM »
I mean, she looks to me like a petite 15-year-old. Unless you're just trying to fill a quota, why hire her as a police officer?

Then again, I guess it's pretty hard to find cops to hire these days. Or maybe she slept her way into the job, to begin with.

The Kamala Harris career advancement plan.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2023, 05:37:52 PM »

Probably because she applied, passed the academy, and it's not hiring her because she "looks like a petite 15YO" after she passed the academy is borderline illegal and would get a hiring officer in hot water with HR.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2023, 05:50:22 PM »
Probably because she applied, passed the academy, and it's not hiring her because she "looks like a petite 15YO" after she passed the academy is borderline illegal and would get a hiring officer in hot water with HR.

Are they required to hire anyone who applies? They can't just say, "we'll keep your application on file. Thanks"?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2023, 06:36:03 PM »
It take two to tango, in this case it was more of a conga line. I would almost guarantee if one of her playmates wives had not figured it out it would have been going on still. When I live in WA our small community police force of 8 officers was disbanded because the Chief of Police has the touchy feelys toward the female office staff. Too much of a liability for the town, fired them all and contracted with the County Sheriff.

bob

230RN

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2023, 07:32:57 PM »

Right.  Thanks for pointing that out

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2023, 07:52:39 PM »
So this is a thing with govt job applicants? They have to provide a reason why they don't want to hire you? They can't just say no, or just ghost you?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2023, 07:54:00 PM »
My sister is a cop and she’s small and petite. She gets the job done and has done so for almost a decade now. It ain’t the size of the dog in the fight it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 08:34:34 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2023, 08:27:05 PM »
So this is a thing with govt job applicants? They have to provide a reason why they don't want to hire you? They can't just say no, or just ghost you?

I don't think they have to give a reason why they didn't hire you, but I don't think they can ghost you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2023, 08:43:53 PM »
My sister is a cop and she’s small and petite. She gets the job done and has done so for almost a decade now. It ain’t the size of the dog in the fight it’s the size of the fight in the dog.

Does she look 15?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2023, 09:25:04 PM »
On hiring: it varies. If I have one position and I get a list with several applicants, than I just pick the best applicant and justify that decision. If I announce a position, get an applicant list and don't want to hire any of them, then yes I need to articulate why I think they are all unqualified.

At least with my agency the applicants go through a couple screenings before I get the list, and simply by being on the list that means HR thought they met minimum qualifications. So if I disagree on that, I definitely need to be able to articulate it.

A position that requires specific training (like a police academy) is worse from a hiring officer's standpoint. If they complete the training (academy or course) there is objective evidence that they met the minimum standards for the job. Not hiring someone that is objectively qualified if you have an open position is begging for a lawsuit. Not hiring a qualified protected class is begging to loose that lawsuit.

I don't know for sure about that department, but Law Enforcement in general is understaffed these days, so I would not be surprised if there were semi permanent open positions in many departments. In that situation if she rolled up with a shiny new academy graduation cert and applied for an open position they would pretty much have to hire her, at least on a probationary basis.  And if she banged her training officer.......

FWIW, that's not limited to .gov jobs.  I would bet money that any business big enough to have an HR has similar policies.  They might not tell YOU why you didn't get hired, but there's a memo somewhere in HR detailing the hiring process and why a particular someone, or no one, was picked for a job just in case someone sues.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2023, 10:17:09 PM »
On hiring: it varies. If I have one position and I get a list with several applicants, than I just pick the best applicant and justify that decision. If I announce a position, get an applicant list and don't want to hire any of them, then yes I need to articulate why I think they are all unqualified.

At least with my agency the applicants go through a couple screenings before I get the list, and simply by being on the list that means HR thought they met minimum qualifications. So if I disagree on that, I definitely need to be able to articulate it.

A position that requires specific training (like a police academy) is worse from a hiring officer's standpoint. If they complete the training (academy or course) there is objective evidence that they met the minimum standards for the job. Not hiring someone that is objectively qualified if you have an open position is begging for a lawsuit. Not hiring a qualified protected class is begging to loose that lawsuit.

I don't know for sure about that department, but Law Enforcement in general is understaffed these days, so I would not be surprised if there were semi permanent open positions in many departments. In that situation if she rolled up with a shiny new academy graduation cert and applied for an open position they would pretty much have to hire her, at least on a probationary basis.  And if she banged her training officer.......

FWIW, that's not limited to .gov jobs.  I would bet money that any business big enough to have an HR has similar policies.  They might not tell YOU why you didn't get hired, but there's a memo somewhere in HR detailing the hiring process and why a particular someone, or no one, was picked for a job just in case someone sues.

I can see how that could be a problem.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2023, 07:20:06 PM »
I don't understand the concern about her looks.  The tops of women's heads all look pretty much the same except for color.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2023, 07:39:22 PM »
I don't understand the concern about her looks.  The tops of women's heads all look pretty much the same except for color.

Not safe for work, play or genteel company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opxNRp8NiZk
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams