Author Topic: Trouble in Atlanta over police shooting  (Read 1366 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Trouble in Atlanta over police shooting
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2023, 06:59:00 AM »
You know, I'm of the mind that if "protestors" start tossing firebombs, the police have every right to, and should, toss live ammunition back. I have absolutely ZERO problems with someone who thinks his efforts at causing severe bodily harm or death are somehow covered by the First Amendment taking a couple of .223 rounds to the head.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2023, 07:59:01 AM »
What about the guy holding a sign standing 20 feet away from the someone who thinks his efforts at causing severe bodily harm or death are somehow covered by the First Amendment?  Law enforcement is not known for their accuracy.

Or should we just execute the entire crowd?

I totally agree that we shouldn't put up with these riots, and I agree with pulling the violent commies out of the crowd and putting them against a wall.  Molotovs are not 1A covered expressive actions.  However, unless you can somehow cull the violent commies from the complacent useful idiots, I'm not on board with popping rounds into the crowd.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2023, 08:16:02 AM »
"Or should we just execute the entire crowd?"

Now you're talking my language.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2023, 08:36:01 AM »
"Or should we just execute the entire crowd?"

Now you're talking my language.

https://joinatlantapd.org/

Money  -> Mouth

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2023, 08:37:20 AM »
I'm almost 60. Don't meet their qualifications.

Glad to know which side you're on, though...

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2023, 08:42:04 AM »
I'm almost 60. Don't meet their qualifications.

Glad to know which side you're on, though...

I feel I've been pretty clear about my feelings on this board in the past, But just to make sure:

I totally agree that we shouldn't put up with these riots, and I agree with pulling the violent commies out of the crowd and putting them against a wall.  Molotovs are not 1A covered expressive actions.  However, unless you can somehow cull the violent commies from the complacent useful idiots, I'm not on board with popping rounds into the crowd.

But just because I don't like or agree with commies doesn't mean I have to be a Lickspittle for anyone with a badge.  Law Enforcement in the US is some culturally broken, bordering on dystopian, and we probably should push back against a glorified MOUT course designed to train half-addled bullies how to better use their M4's and MRAPS to storm people's houses over 5 pot plants.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2023, 08:51:14 AM »
Who's talking about being a lickspittle? (Nice word, by the way).

I'm talking about allowing individual who are under threat of grave physical harm to actually defend themselves.

Or are you against that now because apparently all police can't shoot worth a damn?

Makes me wonder just where you stand on self defense.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2023, 09:11:26 AM »
More info, video, and pictures

Moment Antifa mob breaks into construction site for new ‘Cop City’ site in Atlanta and torches vehicles and throws Molotov cocktails at cops
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11824357/Gunshots-ring-protesters-throw-Molotov-cocktails-Cop-City-site-Atlanta.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2023, 11:30:12 AM »
Who's talking about being a lickspittle? (Nice word, by the way).

I'm talking about allowing individual who are under threat of grave physical harm to actually defend themselves.

Or are you against that now because apparently all police can't shoot worth a damn?

Makes me wonder just where you stand on self defense.

No, you were talking about shooting rioters.  I pointed out that we don't normally cut loose with rifles into riots because there tend to be folks in the crowd that aren't using deadly force.

We aren't talking about self defense in this thread, and it's disingenuous to pretend you were.  You were talking about cops shooting rioters.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2023, 02:17:38 PM »
https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1632616081406689280?s=20

FFS two teams of buffoons' flailing at each other.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2023, 02:59:14 PM »
REVEALED: One of 23 Antifa rioters arrested for firebombing Atlanta 'Cop City' is an attorney for woke Southern Poverty Law Center - with others charged with domestic terrorism including a Frenchman and Canadian
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11827087/International-group-23-Antifa-charged-violent-Atlanta-Cop-City-protests.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2023, 03:42:08 PM »
Wouldn't the Frenchman and Canadian just be terrorist terrorists? How does one get charged with Domestic Terrorism outside one's own country?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2023, 04:29:20 PM »
Wouldn't the Frenchman and Canadian just be terrorist terrorists? How does one get charged with Domestic Terrorism outside one's own country?

Glad I'm not the only who was wondering about that.
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2023, 05:01:37 PM »
REVEALED: One of 23 Antifa rioters arrested for firebombing Atlanta 'Cop City' is an attorney for woke Southern Poverty Law Center - with others charged with domestic terrorism including a Frenchman and Canadian
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11827087/International-group-23-Antifa-charged-violent-Atlanta-Cop-City-protests.html

I will agree that they are criminals, certainly.

But they are NOT terrorists.

Terrorists strike at non governmental civilian targets in order to inflict fear and chaos onto the populace and drive public support of a policy in favor of the terrorist group.  This is a governmental target.  The article even states that the 23 in question threw rocks and flaming bottles at officers.  Interestingly, and very differently from most Antifa movements, they are constraining their destructive actions to government property.  They torched a cruiser in downtown Atlanta, and attacked the building that houses the Atlanta Police Foundation.

Arsonists?  Heck yeah.

Terrorists?  Nope.

I don't accept the FBI's definition of terrorism because it offers no means of disambiguating acts of State Sanctioned War or Espionage or Covert Actions from what actual terrorism is.  Interestingly, the UN has a better working definition of terrorism than the US: 

The UN General Assembly Resolution
49/60 (adopted on December 9, 1994),
titled "Measures to Eliminate
International Terrorism," contains a
provision describing terrorism:
Criminal acts intended or calculated to
provoke a state of terror in the general
public, a group of persons or particular
persons for political purposes are in any
circumstance unjustifiable, whatever the
considerations of a political,
philosophical, ideological, racial, ethnic,
religious or any other nature that may be
invoked to justify them.

They aren't attacking the public.

This is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT.  Conservatives are about to become a minority in this country.  Throwing Terrorism charges around and making a person an enemy combatant rather than merely a felon citizen has considerable implications.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2023, 06:22:09 PM »
REVEALED: One of 23 Antifa rioters arrested for firebombing Atlanta 'Cop City' is an attorney for woke Southern Poverty Law Center

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2023, 08:22:17 PM »
AZ you're not 100% wrong, and make a cogent point, but they also attacked a construction site and torched at least one bulldozer.  Unless that was a government owned Caterpillar they aren't as selective as you suggest.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2023, 05:32:05 PM »
Four autopsies later they finally get one that will say what they want it to say
Never mind what the first three said.

A second autopsy of an environmental activist who was shot and killed by the Georgia State Patrol on Jan. 18 shows their hands were raised when they were killed, lawyers for their family say. The full autopsy report will be released at a press conference Monday.

Says second but also reading it was the fourth

“Both Manuel’s left and right hands show exit wounds in both palms.

Exit wounds in the palms? That the wrong direction for what they're claiming.
And lets not forget the bullet hey pulled out of the copy came from his gun.

Guess what the narrative is now

NPR: Autopsy shows ‘Cop City’ protester’s hands were raised when he was shot by police
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/13/npr-autopsy-shows-cop-city-protesters-hands-were-raised-when-he-was-shot-by-police/

« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 06:22:11 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2023, 06:19:09 PM »
Regarding the “discussion” of the propriety of shooting the rioters, far as I’m concerned, those not hucking Molotov cocktails are willingly acting as cover for those that are.  As such they are just as guilty for any harm caused.  And therefore are fair game when belt fed crowd dispersion devices are employed.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2023, 08:24:46 PM »
I've always been a simplistic sort of guy, and this doesn't seem overly complicated to my simple mind. If you don't want to get shot, don't hang around protests where people are doing things to get shot for.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2023, 08:59:34 PM »
[Ashli Babbitt has enterd the chat]

Oh wait, no she hasn't.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2023, 09:15:58 PM »

Oh wait, no she hasn't.

Oof.

The Israelis do pretty okay, suppressed 10/22s kneecapping those doing the tossing or the leading.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2023, 10:27:45 PM »
I'd be happy to see them deploy some non/less-lethal crowd control measure. I would love to see some sticky foam deployed, bonus if it has indelible dye in it to mark the rioters.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2023, 10:56:21 PM »

Oh wait, no she hasn't.
That riot was defined that way after the fact.  I didn't see anyone around her employing deadly force or trying to commit arson. 

Maybe it depends on if you include the embedded Fed agents outside. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge