Author Topic: Gianno Caldwell Ejected From Miami Restaurant For Wrongthink  (Read 538 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Gianno Caldwell Ejected From Miami Restaurant For Wrongthink
« on: January 22, 2023, 12:33:13 PM »
Gianno Caldwell (A Fox News contributor who lost his brother to gang violence) was kicked out of a Miami restaurant because the (apparently white) owner didn't approve of the conversation he was having with his friends.

https://twitchy.com/mikel-313136/2023/01/22/fox-news-analyst-gianno-caldwell-ejected-from-fl-restaurant-for-being-a-conservative/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Gianno Caldwell Ejected From Miami Restaurant For Wrongthink
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 01:13:04 PM »
I found it interesting that more than one of the comments suggested a lawsuit because that "has to be" illegal.

Fact: It's NOT illegal. Discrimination is prohibited only against the classes of people enumerated in anti-discrimination law. Last I checked, we are not allowed to discriminate against other people on the basis of

• Race
  • Color
  • Creed
  • Sexual orientation
  • Ethnicity
  • Nationality

Curiously, Wikipedia also lists political opinion as a class protected from discrimination, but I have never seen any anti-discrimination law that mentions political opinion.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 01:27:30 PM »
Fact: It's NOT illegal. Discrimination is prohibited only against the classes of people enumerated in anti-discrimination law. Last I checked, we are not allowed to discriminate against other people on the basis of

• Race
  • Color

FWIW, Caldwell is Black. I'm not saying business owners can't choose who they serve, I'm more calling out the ongoing hypocrisy. [/list]
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 01:30:01 PM »
I find it nigh on unbelievable that he was having a conversation loud enough to make a bunch of customers and an employee "very uncomfortable" AND was kicked out, and there's not video of it.

I will reserve any outrage until someone comes forward and explains exactly what he and his friends said that caused he eviction.  The simple answer is both these parties are probably narcissistic aholes.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 04:56:36 PM »
It's not that hard; the restaurant owners tells you you're not welcome and need to leave, you leave and you don't pay the bill.  If you get an opportunity, you can slip the waitress a $10 or $20 or whatever is a generous tip woulda been on your way out.

I suspect this was a "When aholes Collide" moment.  (that would make a great movie title)
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 08:24:11 PM »
It's not that hard; the restaurant owners tells you you're not welcome and need to leave, you leave and you don't pay the bill . . .
Hopefully they weren't asked to leave until they had placed their order - a very, very LARGE order.  >:D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 08:30:16 PM »
I suspect this was a "When aholes Collide" moment.  (that would make a great movie title)

That would make a good youtube channel.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 08:36:50 PM »
You know what Netflix would do with it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 09:07:40 PM »
If Netflix did it it would be more literal than you are probably thinking.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2023, 09:29:17 PM »

The literal meaning is why I think it would be a good title, but as a joke, not an actual premise for the show!  [barf] :rofl:
"It's good, though..."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2023, 10:59:49 PM »

A reality TV sequel to "Two Girls One Cup."
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2023, 11:32:49 PM »
I found it interesting that more than one of the comments suggested a lawsuit because that "has to be" illegal.

• Race
  • Color
  • Creed
  • Sexual orientation
  • Ethnicity
  • Nationality

Curiously, Wikipedia also lists political opinion as a class protected from discrimination, but I have never seen any anti-discrimination law that mentions political opinion.

"Creed"
noun
1) any system, doctrine, or formula of religious belief, as of a denomination.
2) any system or codification of belief or of opinion.
3) an authoritative, formulated statement of the chief articles of Christian belief, as the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, or the Athanasian Creed.

A case can be made for number 2.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 08:36:24 AM »
They'd probably re-imagine the story and hire the director of Brokeback Mountain and writers from the TV show Jackass.  (Hmmm - instead of Netflix, it might show up on The CW.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain