Author Topic: Fitness "Influencer" vs Old Man  (Read 578 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Fitness "Influencer" vs Old Man
« on: January 19, 2023, 09:25:34 AM »
"Influencer" in quotes because I SO hate that term.

This is a crackup. A fitness "influencer" is upset that an old man is sitting on a park bench behind her video and she tries to get him to move because she's an "influencer" (a term he has apparently never heard of). Comedy ensues.  :rofl:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1615429498991697931
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Fitness "Influencer" vs Old Man
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 09:41:37 AM »
Priceless - especially when she called him an old man and he replied by asking her if she was being ageist!     :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 09:44:32 AM »
Priceless - especially when she called him an old man and he replied by asking her if she was being ageist!     :rofl:

Yeah, I literally laughed out loud at his "old man?" response.  :rofl:

Some comments are suggesting it was staged, but I don't even care if it was, as it gave me a good laugh this morning.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 11:58:21 AM »
So after all that, she realized that she COULD move the tripod, after all.

Brilliant.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 12:49:20 PM »
So after all that, she realized that she COULD move the tripod, after all.

Brilliant.
And that is the risk you take doing videos in public.  The public doesn't have to cooperate. 

I am always a bit surprised that these videos get uploaded.  I am never sure if it was livestreamed or if the uploader thought they were in the right. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 12:55:23 PM »
All 3 of her regular audience were outraged.  The other 90,000 of the YouTube visitors were laughing there asses off.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2023, 12:58:50 PM »
This whole thing feels staged.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2023, 02:14:57 PM »
This whole thing feels staged.

No such thing as bad publicity, amiright.  Haven’t even watched it and I’d bet dollars to donuts it was staged to up her visibility and get her more “influence”. 

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2023, 02:17:49 PM »
No such thing as bad publicity, amiright.  Haven’t even watched it and I’d bet dollars to donuts it was staged to up her visibility and get her more “influence”.
Doesn't make her come off great.

I'm thinking she isn't a real "fitness influencer" at all and the whole thing is just an attempt to make a viral video.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2023, 03:11:13 PM »
I can't move it because it's on a tripod!

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 06:30:13 PM »
Yeah, I literally laughed out loud at his "old man?" response.  :rofl:

Some comments are suggesting it was staged, but I don't even care if it was, as it gave me a good laugh this morning.

Butthead, meet butthead.

It didn't take long for "it's staged" or it was part of an "impromptu" class to occur to me.  Call me a stageist.

Or an impromptist.

At the end, I decided she might have had a better video (if the situation were real) if she had just sat down and talked to the guy.  While sometimes boring, we oldies do have interesting tales to tell which a good interviewer can extract.

Reminds me of the time I was going to Shelbyville and the bus ride was only a nickel, which we called a buff back then because of the buffalo on them but I had two bananas on my belt and I gave one to the bus driver for the fare....

Ben, could  you move your original post over to the next topic?  I was enjoying The Roundtable here.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 06:53:52 PM by 230RN »

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 07:40:53 PM »
no way did she just finish a 5K run!
She wouldn't have been wearing that big coat, her hair was fine, not sweating at all.
Brits are totally politically correct, no way would she have said anything to him and real influence - ers already have good locations well planned in advance
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2023, 02:03:56 AM »
He seemed less than influenced.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 08:05:00 PM »
Hmm.  Apparently the term "ageist" is in practical use.  There's an article in the AARP Magazine for December 2022 about a serial killer who "specialized" in killing old people and was referred to as an "ageist."

(AARP The Magazine "The Texas Elder Murders --Unnatural Causes," page 52ff)

A major point in the article was that so many of the deaths were ascribed to old age, i.e. "natural causes," because of the victims' ages and therefore went undetected until the investigation of one of the ageist's killings started to uncover the additional murders.

Yeah, yeah, I know, AARP, the California-soaked anti-firearms parrot, but they usually provide good services and literature otherwise, so I can put up with their brain-dead politics.  (And yes, I'm aware of other not-so-anti-firearms senior service organizations.  But AARP is an 800 pound gorilla in the national legislature.)

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 08:19:43 PM by 230RN »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 08:50:07 PM »
"Ageist" has been in common use for a good while.

https://youtu.be/D7VziN4dNHs

230RN

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2023, 10:17:17 PM »
^
<grin>
I'm' not sure mere TV sitcom usage comprises "practical use."

Now, admittedly, I don't get out much, and for the most part I ignore the myriad neologisms and language distortions of the day, so for all I know, it might be in common use like ARs and I'm just not woke to it..

So thanks for that enlightening detail, Ben.  ROFL

Terry, 230RN

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2023, 10:45:34 PM »
"Ageist" has been in common use for a good while.

Second.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2023, 12:59:21 AM »

Second.

Thanks for that enlightening detail.  ROFL

"...so for all I know, it might be in common use like ARs and I'm just not woke to it."

I are now awokened to it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 06:34:18 AM by 230RN »