Author Topic: “Law” is Not Determinative of Conduct  (Read 11382 times)

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: “Law” is Not Determinative of Conduct
« Reply #350 on: January 28, 2023, 03:08:11 PM »
The one caused the other via the hateful bigoted mentalities of the members holding that fallacious position.
Hey now.  Stand down.
7-11 was a part time job.

Bosco1

« Reply #351 on: January 28, 2023, 03:13:50 PM »
None are determinative of behavior though.
Causation is a notion we men ascribe to a state of affairs after the fact, when, in fact, no human act is causally produced from any ensemble of facts in the world, from the world outside of human consciousness.

Bosco1

« Reply #352 on: January 28, 2023, 03:17:10 PM »
Hey now.  Stand down.
Oh, I see now, that picture appearing on your page is of Tuko from The Good the Bad and the Ugly! I thought is was of you!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #353 on: January 28, 2023, 03:17:53 PM »
Causation is a notion we men ascribe to a state of affairs after the fact, when, in fact, no human act is causally produced from any ensemble of facts in the world, from the world outside of human consciousness.

My dog ate a pile of Scrabble tiles the other day, his poop makes more sense than that statement.
 =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #354 on: January 28, 2023, 03:18:40 PM »
My dog ate a pile of Scrabble tiles the other day, his poop makes more sense than that statement.
 =D

And smelled better.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: January 28, 2023, 03:21:23 PM »
 =D
It means that nothing anyone says causes his reactions and that he alone is responsible for every word he writes and action he takes.

Bosco1

« Reply #356 on: January 28, 2023, 03:22:48 PM »
 =D
See, now, that statement is horridly hateful and radically rude/stupid. I am coming from a Sartreian perspective on the origin of human action, and, you have no knowledge whatsoever of the structure of that perspective...nonetheless, you insist on being mean and stupid about it!

Bosco1

« Reply #357 on: January 28, 2023, 03:26:37 PM »
It means that nothing anyone says causes his reactions and that he alone is responsible for every word he writes and action he takes.
What someone else said is not causally efficient to do or produce anything, my consciousness of the insult produced my responce/reaction. I thought I was slowly getting that through your thick head, but apparently not...

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #358 on: January 28, 2023, 03:58:35 PM »
Effect without cause
Cause without effect.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bosco1

« Reply #359 on: January 28, 2023, 04:04:33 PM »
Effect without cause
Cause without effect.
Human freedom, known as being-for-itself, is not causally determined to act or refrain from acting by anything outside in the world. The things in the world are being-in-itself, and are not for-itselfs/consciousnesses, and do not, cannot, act in the world.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #360 on: January 28, 2023, 04:07:20 PM »
https://armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=67924.msg1387291#msg1387291

^  Like.

I wonder what fuels his fire to generate all that hot air?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #361 on: January 28, 2023, 04:24:33 PM »
It means that nothing anyone says causes his reactions and that he alone is responsible for every word he writes and action he takes

In other words he says he's ignoring what you say
But then reacts to it while claiming he's not  :O
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #362 on: January 28, 2023, 04:32:21 PM »
What someone else said is not causally efficient to do or produce anything, my consciousness of the insult produced my responce/reaction. I thought I was slowly getting that through your thick head, but apparently not...
I don’t think you’ve said anything that has gotten through my thick head.

Bosco1

« Reply #363 on: January 28, 2023, 04:46:50 PM »
https://armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=67924.msg1387291#msg1387291

^  Like.

I wonder what fuels his fire to generate all that hot air?
I am simply radically higher educated than you are, and, you are so totally uneducated rergarding modern notions of the origin of human behavior, that your brain simply does what it is, i.e,, exhibits total lack of twentieth century efficient cognizance of how a human act actually arises in the world. Chump.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #364 on: January 28, 2023, 04:49:29 PM »
I am simply radically higher educated than you are, and, you are so totally uneducated rergarding modern notions of the origin of human behavior, that your brain simply does what it is, i.e,, exhibits total lack of twentieth century efficient cognizance of how a human act actually arises in the world. Chump.

This is comedy gold!
Not often we see a master troll at work

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #365 on: January 28, 2023, 04:50:36 PM »
BTW: It's now the 21st Century Chump :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #366 on: January 28, 2023, 04:55:38 PM »
Bosco1 said,

What someone else said is not causally efficient to do or produce anything, my consciousness of the insult produced my responce/reaction.

But passion or serendipity is interdependant on the relatedness of motivation, subcultures, and management.

Can't you see that?

Terry, 230RN

Bosco1

« Reply #367 on: January 28, 2023, 04:56:26 PM »
I don’t think you’ve said anything that has gotten through my thick head.
Ah-ha, you are not being objective here, but, simply entertain some irrational blind prejudice against the structure of my personal person!

Bosco1

« Reply #368 on: January 28, 2023, 04:59:57 PM »
BTW: It's now the 21st Century Chump :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yes, I know, but my education was in the twentieth century...

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #369 on: January 28, 2023, 05:00:41 PM »
Ah-ha, you are not being objective here, but, simply entertain some irrational blind prejudice against the structure of my personal person!
No, I’m just too thick headed and stuck in the 16th century.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #370 on: January 28, 2023, 05:01:12 PM »
Okay, enough with this trolling act. Who are you really?   :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #371 on: January 28, 2023, 05:02:32 PM »
My mentality, uncontrollable and wanton as always, whispered to me a scheme so magnificent and daring that I shrank from the very thought of what I was hearing. "Stop!" I cried imploringly to my god-like mind. "This is madness." But still I listened to the counsel of my brain. It was offering me the opportunity to Save the World
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bosco1

« Reply #372 on: January 28, 2023, 05:04:18 PM »
In other words he says he's ignoring what you say
But then reacts to it while claiming he's not  :O
How can I possibly be ignoring what was said, and, at the same time respond thereto !? Silly.

Bosco1

« Reply #373 on: January 28, 2023, 05:07:22 PM »
Okay, enough with this trolling act. Who are you really?   :rofl:
Oh oh,, here we go with the accusatory bullcrap! Trolling!? But of course ---- you

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #374 on: January 28, 2023, 05:08:06 PM »
Come on drop the act
- Calvin and Hobbes