Author Topic: Where to Purchase 1200 Round Glock Magazines?  (Read 1354 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Where to Purchase 1200 Round Glock Magazines?
« on: January 25, 2023, 05:06:23 PM »
Does anyone have a good source for 1200 round pistol magazines?

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/nashville/thousands-of-rounds-within-a-minute-atf-agent-warns-of-new-device-being-attached-to-guns/

Sure sounds to me like the ATF agent, rather than the reporter, was the one making it sound like somebody could actually shoot 1200 rounds a minute vs that being the rate of fire.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Where to Purchase 1200 Round Glock Magazines?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 05:13:20 PM »
Also, I just weighed an unopened 1000 round case of 9mm: 29lbs.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 05:18:59 PM »
He misspoke.  You have to reload once, so it's two pulls of the trigger.

you add a happy switch and two of these https://www.military.com/video/guns/pistols/600-round-glock-assault-magazine/3087322289001  to any gun and you got your 1200RPM machine gun.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 05:32:56 PM »
I think Promag makes one. Of course like most Promag products you have to unjam it every 3 or 4 rounds.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 05:39:12 PM »
I think Promag makes one. Of course like most Promag products you have to unjam it every 3 or 4 rounds.
:laugh: :laugh:

QFT
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2023, 05:41:03 PM »
I imagine those full auto devices for the Glock pistols are dangerous.  Many people trying to shoot it are going to be throwing rounds all over the place.  Might actually cause fewer deaths though. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 06:57:12 PM »
He misspoke.  You have to reload once, so it's two pulls of the trigger.

you add a happy switch and two of these https://www.military.com/video/guns/pistols/600-round-glock-assault-magazine/3087322289001  to any gun and you got your 1200RPM machine gun.
Needs to have a set of these mounted: https://www.gadgetking.com/2011/08/31/birdman-weapons-systems-homeboy-sights/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JN01

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 01:27:33 AM »
The sock-puppet President will probably be asking ATF to re-classify Glock pistols as machine guns next.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 07:05:54 AM »
The sock-puppet President will probably be asking ATF to re-classify Glock pistols as machine guns next.

Several dem lawmakers have been calling for just that for a while now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2023, 09:07:11 AM »
Along with Glock clones and so called ghost guns based on the Glock design. (I wonder how they'll argue that these are "not in common use" which is one of the criteria to ban something?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 10:12:05 AM »
Along with Glock clones and so called ghost guns based on the Glock design. (I wonder how they'll argue that these are "not in common use" which is one of the criteria to ban something?)

Yeah, but if you ban something not in common use - where's the fun in that? If we're not puttin' the screws to those flyover yokels, what's the point?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2023, 10:34:55 AM »
No mention I saw of the origin of most of these devices in this article or most I've seen recently about these. Perhaps if our government spent more time working on the border and confronting China over allowing these to be manufactured there and sent here it wouldn't be quite such an issue. I understand some may be 3D printed or made here, but when these started to become a thing they were being imported from China.

There has also been speculation that a lot of the sales of these were stings by the ATF. Perhaps the ATF has lost control of another of their projects a la Fast and Furious?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2023, 10:41:43 AM »
Perhaps the ATF has lost control of another of their projects a la Fast and Furious?

That's a feature, not a bug.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2023, 10:50:16 AM »
Many people trying to shoot it are going to be throwing rounds all over the place.

That appears to be SOP for moronic trash.  You get mad at someone at a bowling alley, family reunion, birthday party, so you pull out a gun and randomly shoot in the person's general direction, killing one or two people (your target?  who knows?) and wounding half a dozen more.  And then you run away.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 11:07:39 AM »
I was just thinking scattered shooting at full auto might be overall less dangerous than aimed semi-auto fire.  However, their marksmanship might be bad enough there is no real difference.  Just figured half or more of the rounds fired into the sky would reduce casualties. 

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Happy Switch
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2023, 11:20:55 AM »
I imagine those full auto devices for the Glock pistols are dangerous.  Many people trying to shoot it are going to be throwing rounds all over the place.  Might actually cause fewer deaths though.

I shot JR's full auto glock back when I did the qual for my Missouri CCW over at his quarry. If you could hold it on the Q target, you could qual in about a second and a half. Wasn't that hard.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2023, 09:00:49 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 09:12:25 AM »
I really appreciate that Wave3 provided clear video of exactly where the auto-sear arm needs to sit in relation to the striker and slide.  It makes CADing that a lot easier.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023, 09:24:38 AM »
Been all over the internet for years.
Besides I would think anyone with CADD skills would have no problem figuring it out.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2023, 11:11:02 AM »
need sarcasm smiley

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2023, 11:28:23 AM »
Been all over the internet for years.
Besides I would think anyone with CADD skills would have no problem figuring it out.

That and the "lightning link," and the coat hanger trick for ARs are all easy to make.  Guns aren't very complicated.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2023, 02:05:16 PM »
That and the "lightning link," and the coat hanger trick for ARs are all easy to make.  Guns aren't very complicated.

This?

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2023, 02:15:10 PM »

Drilling one hole and installing fire control parts isn't exactly the height of precision manufacturing.  As you say, guns aren't very complicated.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2023, 10:59:10 PM »
Drilling one hole and installing fire control parts isn't exactly the height of precision manufacturing.  As you say, guns aren't very complicated.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't semi-auto ARs have a shelf in the way of the third hole?  Or some kind of extra material that blocks that area.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2023, 05:50:42 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't semi-auto ARs have a shelf in the way of the third hole?  Or some kind of extra material that blocks that area.

Some, not all do. Depends on the reciever.