Author Topic: "Miami should begin 'preparing for evacuation"  (Read 515 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Miami should begin 'preparing for evacuation"
« on: February 06, 2023, 10:41:30 AM »
To battle racism or... something

Cohen, a UC Berkeley sociology professor, offered the main argument in support of evacuating the major Florida city to both help Floridians and "force municipalities across the United States to get serious about hosting climate migrants in egalitarian ways."
"It’s urgent for governments and social movements to start planning for millions of people to land in new places. Prepping Miami’s evacuation is a perfect starting point. Its residents are a multiracial, multinational, and multigenerational assemblage that spans the class spectrum. Tragically, many of them are already climate migrants—like Puerto Ricans displaced by recent hurricanes," Cohen said
This would also trigger conversations about zoning for density, enshrining tenant rights, upgrading infrastructure, taxing the rich, building green banks, and battling racism and police violence."

CNN CLIMATE CORRESPONDENT TOUTS STUDY PREDICTING GLOBAL ‘DOOM’ AND ‘DEATH SENTENCE’ FOR ISLAND NATIONS

Cohen further criticized the U.S. for taking part in what he referred to as "racial violence" for failing to properly relocate citizens

Miami should begin 'preparing for evacuation' due to climate change, Berkeley professor argues
https://www.foxnews.com/media/miami-begin-preparing-evacuation-due-climate-change-berkeley-professor-argues
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
Re: "Miami should begin 'preparing for evacuation"
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 10:49:32 AM »
I prefer sending the swarms of climate illegals to Gitmo. When it gets too crowded - open the gates and let them enter the worker's paradise that is Cuba. (They've got a great health plan there - ask Michael Moore.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 10:51:39 AM »
Climate Change is coming!  We need more communism!!

= Will that fix the climate change?

No, but communism will be great (this time around)!!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 11:21:26 AM »
I guess California should already be under water based on climate change correct?  At least that was my comment on this Twitter feed….

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 11:45:58 AM »
Um - I was told moving migrants around the country was racist. And possibly criminal.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 11:51:58 AM »
Um - I was told moving migrants around the country was racist. And possibly criminal.

Moving them to dem controlled self proclaimed immigrant sanctuaries is racist
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2023, 01:12:44 PM »

If it's racist/criminal to move migrants from their chosen destination, what is it to move lifelong residents from their homes?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 01:38:53 PM »
If it's racist/criminal to move migrants from their chosen destination, what is it to move lifelong residents from their homes?

Long standing democrat policy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2023, 02:07:05 PM »
So, some liberal *expletive deleted*che's iconoclastic wet dream for creating the new America where all animals are equal, only some are more equal than others.

Isn't he a little late?

After all, according to Al Gore, Miami was inundated by glacier melt nearly 20 years ago and everyone died.

You'd think the liberals would be all for that peons dying in the flood part.

It would remove a LOT of gas stove users.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2023, 07:16:46 PM »

Miami should begin 'preparing for evacuation' due to climate change, Berkeley professor argues
https://www.foxnews.com/media/miami-begin-preparing-evacuation-due-climate-change-berkeley-professor-argues

Typical -- a Berkeley professor advocates doing something on the other side of the country. Why doesn't he suggest starting by evacuating San Francisco?

N.I.M.B.Y.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design