Author Topic: P365 Upgrades  (Read 279 times)

MikeB

• friend
P365 Upgrades
« on: January 25, 2023, 06:32:17 PM »
I know others here have P365's of various types. I don't recall specific upgrade discussions except for the Romeo Zero vs. Holosun one. It's possible I missed it, I'm a more sporadic poster/reader, a short search didn't seem to show anything. I'm still using my Romeo Zero. The funds for the Holosun keep getting redirected into other things including modernizing my M16 for subgun competition. In any event I thought I'd let you all know my thoughts on some other upgrades I've done. Maybe it will help someone else, maybe not.

Early on I did the MCarbo springs upgrade. I forget if I may have mentioned that here in thread before or somewhere else. It definitely helped the trigger a lot. There was still quite a bit of takeup, but the break was crisper and a bit lighter. I'd say just about 5lbs or so based on my trigger pull gauge.

I also added manual safety to mine. That of course is a whole can of worms, but with a lighter trigger and IWB carry personally I feel safer with the manual safety. I don't have the body type for Appendix carry, but I would think the same thing for that. Growing up and learning to shoot with manual safeties it is pretty natural for me to thumb the safety on the draw. I know that mileage varies for many, and many absolutely hate manual safeties so FWIW, just my opinion here.

Awhile back I upgraded the MIM striker to the MCarbo titanium striker, personally I could not feel any difference. Supposedly it can reduce lockup time. For me it was more of a reliability thing. I never had an issue with the factory striker, but there are reports of them breaking.

Most recently I did two additional upgrades. First was the MCarbo flat trigger. This trigger also changes the profile of the engagement between the trigger and sear bar I think it is called. This to me was a fantastic upgrade. It reduced the take up/travel to almost nothing, and according to my trigger pull gauge gave me another about 1/2 pound reduction in trigger pull weight. I'm consistently getting just over 4.5 lbs now. I know there are other options out there for a similar trigger upgrade. I went with the MCarbo based on having good luck with their other products. I think the point is the factory trigger leaves a bit to be desired.

The other most recent upgrade was a Wilson Combat grip frame. I've only function tested it so far, but from the feel of it, I do think it is better at least in my opinion. It gives a slight grip angle change that I like more. The grip is quite a bit more aggressive which can help tame a short barrel 9mm. I will need to see how it does shooting a match, if it becomes uncomfortable, possible abrasive to my hand firing 150 to 250 rounds in a few hours, vs. the couple magazines i did for function test.

In any event hopefully this helps someone else thinking about upgrades to their P365's.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: P365 Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 06:37:41 PM »
I got that Holosun - I think because of your recommendation - when I got my second P365XL, the Spectre (non-comp). I really like that Holosun.

Otherwise, no upgrades to either of my P365XLs, though I want to get either the X grip frame or the Wilson Combat for my other 365XL. I haven't handled the Wilson, but the frame on my Comp has outstanding stippling compared to the stock 365.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 06:50:57 PM »
I got that Holosun - I think because of your recommendation - when I got my second P365XL, the Spectre (non-comp). I really like that Holosun.

Yeah. Two guys I shoot with that have P365's went the Holosun route and really like them. Someday I'll pull the trigger on that. Other than the annoyances I detailed in that post awhile back, I haven't had any not working type or failure issues with the Romeo Zero.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 09:43:33 AM »
I have been considering the grip frame upgrade, but haven't yet decided to spend the money.  I have gone back to carrying my P365 lately just because it is so compact while still having adequate capacity.  I don't feel like my shirt has to be a tent to avoid printing. 

I have a sig red dot on my XL.  I am waffling on the utility of red dots for me right now.  I need to do some draw practice.  While shooting they are great.  I feel like I am still slow finding the dot for that first shot.  I haven't set aside the time to do that. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 10:11:17 AM »
I am also still rocking the Romeo Zero on my P365XL.  I'm on my second battery, and perhaps I'll look to replace it when I take it off the slide for batter 3, but probably not.  The RZero works well enough I don't really see the need to change it out.  If I did I would probably look at an RMSc before a 507k.  The prices are pretty similar, and I've killed a couple holosun sights on other guns.

Other than that mine remains stock.  The XL model came with a flat trigger that is pretty decent, so no need to play with that.  I considered grip frames, but much like the red dot I'm not sure the performance gain is worth the expense.  The P365XL works well enough in it's stock form.

I'm carrying slightly bigger pistols more lately, because FL's "winter" is allowing slightly more concealing cloths, and I shoot bigger guns better. When it's back to sub-compact carry in the summer I'll switch back to the Sig.

If anyone pulls the trigger on the grip frame definitely post up if it was worth the money.  It's probably good for my wallet that they are always out of stock, but those Icarus Precision Grip Modules are sweet.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023, 05:05:47 PM »
Upgrades?  Yeah, I've done that a bit.

On top: mostly stock 365.  The grip module is from Gray Guns; the factory grip module is too slick for my tastes.  Topped with a Sig mini RDS. I would say this is a good baseline pistol.  It needs a light, but that's all.

Middle: I copied a build from one of the Sig instructors (Cav).  Stock Sig FCU and slide assembly, Parker Mountain Machine barrel and compensator combo, and an Icarus aluminum grip module.  Sighted with a SMS Shield red dot, which I do not recommend.  This setup was one of the first comped 365s and it shoots well.

Bottom: My latest creation.  At last year's Sig 365 EDC match at the Sig Academy, I won a gift card to FDEZ Werx.  They were at the match showing off their products and I got to shoot this same setup.  It was so flipping awesome that I used my gift card money and quite a few more monies to build the exact same gun.  It shoots like a laser.  The only stock part is the Sig FCU.  Everything else came from FDEZ. The only part FDEZ didn't make was the Cerakoted grip.  And I finally gave in and bought the Holosun.  And I have to say, it is really good.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 10:46:56 PM »
Sharps Bros SIG P365X/P365XL Grip Module
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/01/28/shot-2023-sharps-bros-sig-p365x-p365xl-grip-module/

Just an FYI.  Looks like it is made with removable grips.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge