Author Topic: Armed citizens rally around wounded cop to provide cover  (Read 373 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Armed citizens rally around wounded cop to provide cover
« on: January 25, 2023, 09:42:56 PM »
It isn't CA. NJ or NY. Reno PD gets assist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlNMbAFdg9I&t=2s

bob

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Armed citizens rally around wounded cop to provide cover
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 11:36:09 PM »
 wow! that was not in the local news at all!! sky vally drive is a nice quiet spot on top of a hill.
 when I was "living" in the back of my truck I would often park my truck up there to have a nice safe quiet place to sleep.

this is amazing to me, about  2005 or so, reno cops were known for being aggressive with ccw people - i think that's changed now!!
  zero coverage of this locally!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

DaveyC

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 12:25:54 AM »
Question: Officer 2tm spent quite a bit of time asking for a tourniquet, yet he had an apparently unused rifle sling hanging from his AR. Why not use that?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 01:21:01 AM »
Question: Officer 2tm spent quite a bit of time asking for a tourniquet, yet he had an apparently unused rifle sling hanging from his AR. Why not use that?

I noticed that also, maybe their improvised tourniquet technique runs.out after belt. CAT? Belt? Now what, start yelling.

bob

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 02:42:01 PM »
Maybe he didn't want to take his primary weapon out of the fight for the time it would take to detach it.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023, 03:06:27 PM »
Maybe he didn't want to take his primary weapon out of the fight for the time it would take to detach it.
Yeah.  In retrospect I bet he had a knife ...

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 05:19:55 PM »

Because a sling is not a tourniquet.  It is better than nothing, but without a windlass to really crank it down it is not effective at stopping arterial blood flow.
I've noticed that many PDs are issuing TQs to officers now.  That is a good, but simple solution.

A better idea would have been to move the wounded officer to cover and work on him behind cover; the perps aren't going anywhere.  Of course, that is all hindsight/Monday quarterback crap.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

DaveyC

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 08:41:28 PM »
"Because a sling is not a tourniquet.  It is better than nothing, but without a windlass to really crank it down it is not effective at stopping arterial blood flow."

It becomes quite clear, quite early on in the footage, that they need to improvise as nobody has a tourniquet to hand. Officer 2 is clearly not using the sling attached to his rifle, hence my question.