Main Forums > The Roundtable

Trouble in Memphis?

(1/28) > >>

Ben:
I caught this story this morning. Apparently a (non-shooting) death of a subject who was chased down by cops. There seem to be racial overtones, though it appears all the cops were black too. The article tells me absolutely nothing besides the warning of the usual violence.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tyre-nichols-video-police-chief-warns-memphis-violently-body-cam-footage-release

WLJ:

--- Quote from: Ben on January 26, 2023, 08:23:34 AM ---. There seem to be racial overtones, though it appears all the cops were black too. The article tells me absolutely nothing besides the warning of the usual violence.

--- End quote ---

The officers were all black.
The police chief is black.
The  mayor is bl.... err white., Got our racist connection.

Possibility he died from drugs he swallowed to hide them?

WLJ:

--- Quote ---Two personnel from the Memphis Fire Department have also been fired, and an internal investigation has been launched.
--- End quote ---

Article doesn't why they were fired

WLJ:
Don't look good for the officers involved

--- Quote ---Memphis man Tyre Nichols, who died three days after a 'violent' traffic stop, suffered 'extensive bleeding caused by a severe beating,' according to preliminary results of an autopsy commissioned by attorneys for his family.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Memphis Police Chief Cerelyn Davis said in an address on Wednesday that the incident showed a ‘disregard for basic human rights’ noting that police officers are under oath to ‘do the opposite’ of what took place in the video.
--- End quote ---

Way the article describes the video footage it sounds like a scared kid.

FedEx worker Tyre Nichols who died after a 'violent' traffic stop had 'extensive bleeding caused by a severe beating', autopsy reveals as police chief brands attack a 'disregard of basic human rights'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11679237/FedEx-worker-Tyre-Nichols-29-extensive-bleeding-caused-severe-beating-autopsy-reveals.html

230RN:
Was the kid gay or something?  But just being a smartass can result in extralegal punishment, Terry said, adding "...I guess..."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version